[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is up with swimmers and their adonis belts?Most swimmers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
What is up with swimmers and their adonis belts?Most swimmers seem to have large bf% but they still have a belt.It can't be genetics for ALL of them, right? what is the secret? roids?
>>
>>35274469
>large bf%
pic not related
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 720x1146) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 720x1146
Bump
>>
>swimmer
>high bf%

You're a special kind of retard, aren't you?
>>
>>35274469

Ex-swimmer here. That comes from the turns we do. While underwater, with every stroke except breast stroke(even then you can sometimes get away with it a little at the end of your kick), you do what's called a dolphin kick, where you undulate your whole body. I remember at the start of each season my core being the sorest part of my body for the first week or so.
>>
>>35274469
maybe diving headfirst into water puts a lot of pressure on the spine, the transverse abdominis (a sheet of muscle wrapped around the inside of your torso underneath your ab rectus and obliques) then tenses to apply "intra-abdominal pressure" which is its function to protect the spine from herniation etc., and after repeating this a few times the TA hypertrophies, as it grows pushing up against the inguinal ligament to make that ligament protrude making the adonis belt.
>>
>>35274482
>>35274491
yeah did not put that right,i mean kinda undefined abs.as in,they look like 4-packs
>>
I told you before but the adonis belt is literally just your hip flexors showing.
>>
>>35274491
It's somewhat true though in the sense that swimmers tend to have higher bf% than say sprinters/runners or cyclists.
>>
>>35274777
the adonis' belt is the inguinal ligament, not the hip flexors - it's caused by hypertrophy of the transverse abdominis pushing the inguinal ligament up against the skin to make it visible.

read post 4 and 9 in this thread

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126249293&pagenumber=1
>>
>>35274469
ex surfer here i too have an "adonis belt" and no abs, im pretty high in bf too
>>
>>35274469
>What is up with swimmers and their adonis belts?Most swimmers seem to have large bf% but they still have a belt.It can't be genetics for ALL of them, right?
It's genetics 100%

I'm a skinnyfat mess, high cortisol as fuck -> MASSIVE fat retention around waist and I still have one.
>>
>>35274830
>MASSIVE fat retention
in that case it might be your fat sagging over your hip bone, that isn't an adonis' belt.
>>
File: 1438681583485.jpg (189 KB, 700x521) Image search: [Google]
1438681583485.jpg
189 KB, 700x521
>>35274530
Man, that dolphin kick stuff looks so cool when they show it on the underwater camera view during the Olympics.

>tfw I'm too shit of a swimmer to ever figure out how to do that
>>
>>35274469
swimming with good or even decent form (speed) requires you to utilize your "core" a fuck ton. see>>35274530
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.