[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does fit think of machines?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 3276.jpg (64 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
3276.jpg
64 KB, 800x600
What does fit think of machines?
>>
>>35273249

some of them are dangerous

some of them are useless

some of them are actually good
>>
The only ones worth using imo are the leg extensions and lat pulldowns.

Smith Machine if you gotta do bench with no spotter, but fuck that [spoiler]my gym still doesn't have a bench rack[/spoiler]
>>
i sometimes use them when i'm done with my actual work out and have to wait for my gymbro, who also lives with me (no homo)
>>
File: 1404812447354.gif (1 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1404812447354.gif
1 MB, 260x260
>>35273249
Their uprising will be our downfall
>>
>>35274148
Please stop giving advice
>>
I never use any machines. My theory is that they destroy your joints. Dumbbells and barbells cover everything.
>>
There are a few worth using
Lat pull down
cable row
hamstring isolation

Most will fuck you up if you use them regularly
>>
Machines are great. Without them, we wouldn't have any stuff.
>>
Anything cable is fine. Generally using them for isolations should be okay, but you should always focus your workout on heavy freeweight lifts. The only machine I use is the pec deck and nothings happened to my shoulders yet
>>
>>35273249
Nice for certain people, for example if you don't want to squat you could do leg press bc if back injury .
>>
>>35275423
Does he understand that eating that will render his workout useless?
>>
Serious question - is there ever a reason to choose machines over free weights?

I use machines only for certain exercises, because of my deformed bone syndrome.
>>
>>35273249
Have started to really appreciate them after suffering from a herniated disk and not being able to squat or dead
>>
File: 1449896392501.jpg (70 KB, 460x454) Image search: [Google]
1449896392501.jpg
70 KB, 460x454
>>35275586

you just dont get it

hes working out hard every day and eats healthy but his genetics just prervent him from losing weight

you dummy!!
>>
>>35275588
If you don't have the shoulders to handle dumbbell flyes. If you can't do pullups
>>
>>35274148
>Advice
>Opinions

Stop posting anon
>>
>>35275615
>>35275586

tbf you assume he is trying to lose weight.
i dont think the guys that retarded.

My guess is that his wife got him a gym membership for his birthday, and he is too nice to say no.

He probably just goes for the company and to get away from the house for a bit.
>>
>>35275521
Are cables considered to be machines too? I always figured there were three: machines, cables, and free weights
>>
Machines are fucking amazing.

They make gyms significantly less intimidating to the masses so they sign up in vast numbers and prevent the gym from going bankrupt and fucking over the ~12 people that actually use barbells.
>>
>>35275670
Cable is just a machine in its most basic form, a cable connected to weights and a handle. Move the handle, move the weights.
All machines are really just applied cable technology
>>
>>35273249
is the pic a lat pull down? what is going on?
>>
>>35276149
It's called a high row machine. Hammer strength machines aren't bad desu. This machine is actually pretty useful for hitting upper back and slightly for lats.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.