[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deadlifts(Classic, both palms are in overhand) VS. Rack Pulls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20151012-WA0006.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151012-WA0006.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
Deadlifts(Classic, both palms are in overhand)
VS.
Rack Pulls

When aiming to focus solely on lats,traps and posterior deltoids, which would be more effective?
Pic unrelated
>>
Fuck rack pulls, do that shit on your own time, don't waste the squat rack for your memes.
>>
>>35273282
this

more people do rack pulls than actual deads in my gym idk why
>>
>>35273144

i did rack pulls for a while cause i fucked up my knees with cold weather (and some other retarded shit) and it did feel good and later on now has made my deadlift lock outs easier after i went back to deadlifts. gave insane lowerback pump to cause can go on for longer. but eh, if you want to focus SOLEY on lats/traps/delts ...do specific Lat/trap/delt work. great assistance exercise for lockout though
>>
>>35273144
neither
>>
>>35273351
Because they can pile 4 plate on a bar, lock their knees and it looks difficult to normies
>>
99% of the time that they're used, rack pulls are just ego-lifting horseshit. Unless you're a serious powerlifter with a weak lockout that's bottlenecking your deadlift weight, there is no reason to do rack pulls. Ever.
>>
>>35273505

Except for the fact that EKG studies show that rack pulls are more far effective than deads in activating the posterior chain and are much MUCH safer for your back. Unless you are a powerlifter the cost to benefit ratio for deadlifts is too high. Most professional bodybuilders don't even deadlift EVER. Don't get me wrong they are great for noobs to help train CNS and stimulate full body growth but for people above the novice level rack pulls are simply more effective and help cut back on recovery time
>>
>>35273883
so much T-nation broscience in one post
>Most professional bodybuilders don't even deadlift EVER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWTE9XJtGmM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1nKWqByJTc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neglZDAtZgQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urzZsYw6st4

Shut the fuck up
>>
>>35273883
Idiot
>>
>>35273144
Is that the Y in STC?
>>
>>35273144
>When aiming to focus solely on lats,traps and posterior deltoids, which would be more effective

snatch-grip deads
>>
>>35273883
look at arnold, or franco columbo, or ronnie coleman etc..... all deadlift.
>>
>>35275016
>Showing videos of one instance of bodybuilders with fake plates.

The only successful bodybuilder who actually and consistantly did deadlifts was ronnie.
>>
>>35276738
>look at le me, I am so edgy!
>Am I shitposting yet? XXD

Not even good bait
2/10 cause I replied
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.