[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Switching to Explosive Power type of lifting and endurance/stamina
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: q764gfhjsav.jpg (45 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
q764gfhjsav.jpg
45 KB, 453x604
>Switching to Explosive Power type of lifting and endurance/stamina for Boxing
>Still want to look good as fuck and not worried about weightclass
>Eat at a surplus to get/maintain gains
>Worried I might become skinnyfat

A lot of the dudes I see on this MMA/Boxing gyms are skinnyfat or skinny, whatsup with that?
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (25 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
25 KB, 426x240
>DUDE I DID MMA TRAINING
>>
>>35272880
Those types of dudes don't come back after the free trial session lol
>>
>>35272870
Boxer here. I've trained at five different gyms, most guys simply watch what they eat, do boxing training, and bodyweight exercises. It tends to be the heavyweights who lift as well, or it's the lifters who have turned to boxing. Most amateur boxers don't bother lifting weights to get big or ripped, only to supplement the muscles they know they use.
>>
>>35272880
who's the guy on the right?
>>
>>35272870
I train both as well. I have found that certain lifts hamper my speed and agility. So I have switched up my routines to compensate. I am seeing improvement. I was having a lot of fatigue and injury when I was doing both heavily . You can lift heavy in off time, but should cut back when you are doing your fight prep/camp.

I lift heavy 2 days a week Wed & Fri, train MMA 2 days a week Tues, Thurs, do TRX 1 day Sat, and rest on Sunday & Monday. On days I train MMA, I do a circut in the am that has BW and light weight for 3 minute rounds split at 30 seconds. So every 30 seconds I am doing a different exercise.
>>
>>35273204
lex actually stepped in the octogan a couple times, with pretty good success.

>>35273805
lexfitness

>>35272870
if you are eating at a surplus, make sure it is a small surplus (don't rippetoe yourself), and make sure you are lifting.

what explosive power type lifts are you doing, besides the oly lifts/oly variations?
>>
>>35274593
had you tried maintaining lifting for strength, and just dialing back on the training volume to allow for more recuperation?

because cardio doesn't sound like a good replacement for liftan
>>
>>35273245
>most boxers are flabby manlets with anger issues who never want to make it to sage northcutt mode
yea sounds about right.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfqMgJYoXHk
>>
>>35274672
That is correct. I don't do shitty cardio like running or biking. My cardio is HIIT circuits at timed intervals incorporating BW and BB,KB exercises and bag routines. Here is an example:

3 min round on 45-60 seconds rest between rounds

30 seconds pull ups or chin ups
30 seconds dips
30 kettlebell (or barbell whatever you have) Clean and presses
30 seconds push ups
30 seconds hold a plank
30 seconds straight punches on the bag

I try to do more reps each workout and log my progress. I do each circuit for 6 rounds.
>>
>>35274769
You may start watching from 15 min.
>>
>>35274930
>30 seconds pull ups or chin ups
>30 seconds dips
>30 kettlebell (or barbell whatever you have) Clean and presses
>30 seconds push ups
>30 seconds hold a plank
>30 seconds straight punches on the bag
that is literally what i do for my HIIT cardio, except i kip the pull ups.

the only think you are missing are high knees, burpees, and mountain climbers

that is 100% aerobic (aka cardio)

you don't even lift.
>>
>>35274930
>I don't do cardio
>lists a high intensity cardio regimen
hahaha.. what?

are you trolling?
>>
>>35274725
er no thats not correct. Most amateur boxing gyms simply go by the old stereotype that lifting weights for muscle mass makes you slow. And since most amateur boxers start young, they don't know any better, so simply believe what the coaches tell them
>>
>>35275505
Read the post again, faggot?
>>
>>35275491
Yup. I have other circuits that have burpees, high knees, mountain climbers that are alternated in. I really have seen more fat loss and better result with doing this, than running or biking. It also helps recovery that the heavy lifting is only 2 times a week. Seems to be working for now. I expect to plateu at some point, and I will have to change it up a little.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.