[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This has me flabbergasted and frustrated. >Be me. >Lift
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: 1448312961271.jpg (83 KB, 640x446) Image search: [Google]
1448312961271.jpg
83 KB, 640x446
This has me flabbergasted and frustrated.

>Be me.
>Lift casually on-and-off for years, not really knowing what I'm doing. Using machines, etc.
>Bad break up with GF
>Want to lift like never before.
>Lurk /fit/
>Find a good routine through /fit/ sticky
>Se this contradicting information.

"You will do 3 work outs per week on non consecutive days."

"1. Make sure you are rested and that no less than 2 days of exercise-free days have passed since your last work-out, preferably 3 days."

How am I supposed to go 2-3 exercise free days concesutively yet still get in 3 workouts per week? Also, waiting that long between (major) workouts is beyond frustrating.

What do you think, /fit/? I shouldn't need that much rest between days, especially if I'm not feelings DOMS, correct?

General spacing thread?
>>
>>35272339
You're looking at a random routine some guy posted on bodybuilding.com. Why?
>>
>>35272339
you should lift once a month to prevent overtraining. alternate biceps curls and triceps pulldowns. dont wanna overtrain son
>>
>>35272339
You need at least 2 or 3 days of rest for a muscle group after you hit it again.

If you split your muscle groups up in 3 days you still get enough rest per group.
>>
>>35272374
I used this Rohit Nair program picker to come across it.

Program:
You will do 3 work outs per week on non consecutive days. The first work out is your heavy work out. The second work out is your medium work out, use 10% less weight for your work sets. The final work out for the week is your lite work out, use 20% less weight.

Do a lite warm up with 1/4 of your work sets weight. Do a medium warm up with 1/2 of your work sets weight. Do 2 work sets with the same weight. Choose a starting weight and start light.

These are the seven exercises you will be starting with.

Squats
Bench Presses
Bent-Over Rows
Overhead Barbell Presses
Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
Barbell Curls
Calf Raises

You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and

repeat the cycle. If you didn't get all of the reps on the fifth week then repeat the cycle with the same weight. You shouldn't need more than one minute rest between the warm up sets and you shouldn't need more than one minute thirty seconds between the work sets.
Do some cardio and abs work on non weight training days.
Program Picker:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155009423
>>
>>35272339
>no less than 2 days of exercise-free days have passed since your last work-out, preferably 3 days

that's really dumb, unless it's means for each muscle group. For example, I would recommend training legs twice a week, but obviously not on consecutive days; let your legs rest for 2-3 days before hitting them hard again. In that time you can do upper body workouts.

But of course for a beginner, full-body 3x a week is ideal, read the sticky etc.

This belongs in QTDDTOT by the way.
>>
>>35272339
what routine I think it means like
AxxBxxA or whatever (each capital letter representing a workout)
>>
>>35272339

I think it just means 48 hours should pass between workouts, so every other day you lift.

If you want to lift all week just do Layne Norton's PHAT
>>
>>35272425
>>35272339

nigger, allow me to unironically point to
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/wiki/getting_started#wiki_adding_exercise

Never, never, never follow a routine posted by some faggot on reddit, filipino/japanese-chan, bodyfaggotting.com and the like. Did I say never? Never.
Stick to any of the proposed and only those for at least a couple of months and ask a PT for advices on proper form and additional exercises/progression.
>>
>>35272440
>>35272431

OK, thanks. It's a full body workout.

Bums me out, because I really want to lift AT LEAST every other day.
>>
Depends what kind of a routine you're doing.

Doing 3x5 squat & bench and then 1x5 of deadlifts is far easier for your whole body to recover from than it would be for your legs to recover from bunch of different exercises which you would have on any bodybuilding/pull&push etc. routines
>>
>>35272476
>>35272425
Forgot to add: that program picker is supposed to be investigated by someone with way more experience than you atm.
>>
>>35272476
Thanks for your advice. Just to clarify, I used this Rohit Nair program picker that's linked through the /fit/ sticky.

I didn't just come across it randomly in a thread.
>>
File: 20151216_101936_resized.jpg (1 MB, 1494x2656) Image search: [Google]
20151216_101936_resized.jpg
1 MB, 1494x2656
>>35272493
Well, current body.

After lurking a bit, I don't think I should be doing SS. The routine I'm trying is outlined here.
>>35272425

And here's a huge question I've been wondering about. If you're not feeling DOMS, are you good to go again, or not necessarily?

Thanks for the help, /fit/ senpai.
>>
Every other day is 48 hours between lifts nigger
2 days
>>
That's for targeting a specific muscle group, not overall training. If you read the sticky and picked a beginner routine, it's probably full-body, which means your body can handle it, since your goal will be to become stronger. When you start plateau'ing and feeling overtraining, move on to a split.
>>
>>35272628
That program has a decent exercise selection, but the repetitions are all over the place for no reason. You're a beginning lifter with little to no experience or gains, and you'll see the fastest strength gains from 3 sets of 5 reps (3x5) across the board for compound exercises like the bench, squat, and overhead press. For isolation exercises like the barbell curl, 3x8-10 is fine. You really would do fine on SS.
>>
>>35272639
I'm white. See >>35272628

>>35272647
Thank you very much. Plus, if my soreness is gone, I should be ready to go, yes?
>>
I squat 5 times a week, bench 5 times a week and deadlift 3 times a week. I guess I'm overtraining, I'm very happy that I found this thread!

No. All replies in this thread are bullshit, the more you do, the more you get. Just properly plan your intensity.
>>
>>35272683
Thanks. But this meme of SS giving you a dad bod has scared me away.

And I'm not a skelly. Maybe a DYEL at worst. Just trying to get shredded. Not going for being an accomplished power lifter.

I just want to look great to the qt grills of the world.
>>
>>35272736
You won't get a dad bod unless you eat like a dad.
>>
>>35272686
Well I sure hope you're eating enough.
>>
Ignore the calendar week and go 3 2 3 2.
Are you retarded??
>>
>>35273034
I must be, because I don't know what 3 2 3 2 means.
>>
>>35273252
Workout 3 days, rest 2 repeat.
>>
>>35273396
Thank you.

I don't think that's right for me since I'm doing full body workouts.

Anyway, I think I've got my questions answered. Thanks, yall.

/thread.
>>
>>35272684
Read Starting Strength - the book.
Being sore does not necessarily mean you are underrecovered. DOMS varies depending on volume of training, how often you train like that, etc.
you can have doms and be recovered enough to lift. during your first weeks or even months especially you're going to have crazy doms. as you keep working out they will eventually go away. any time you stop working out for a time and then start again or whenever you change your workout routine DOMS will come back, until you get used to what you're doing again
and that's how it goes.
>>
>>35272484

Do a split, some variation of PPL is best I think

Mine is: day 1 - lats and biceps, day 2 - shoulders, chest and triceps, day 3 legs and core then I have like 3-4 days off because of my work schedule and I am a lazy ass fucking loser, you could do that with only one day off in between though which would be 6x a week.

It's not too much unless you're a faggot, I was doing 5-6 days every week when I started working out, just make sure you eat enough and sleep enough and you will recover just fine. The key thing is to not be a faggot, you have the will to do more than they are telling you so just fucking do it.
>>
Alternate exercises.

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

That way you work out 3 times a week but have 3 to 4 days between exercises.

A and B are a series of different exercises.

Now that you understand, I recommend dropping the whole thing and doing SS/SL without the insane caloric overload, just eat a little more and stock on protein.

You're welcome, I just saved you a year of wasted time. Also start slow, low weight, just the barbell with no weight on, until your form is fucking perfect.
>>
>>35273665
Don't be a faggot, got it!

>>35273675
Thank you, but once again, I think I'm more advanced than SS. Been lifting, but not on a set, disciplined routine/program until now. See current body. >>35272628

Am I going to make it?

Pic unrelated is my dog, because I don't know why.
>>
>>35273862
you don't really look like you lift desu
>>
>>35272628
I see great shoulder potential in you.
just dont forget the legs or you will look ridiculous
>>
>>35272396
>he thinks overtraining isn't real
found the guy who has lifted for less than 2 weeks.
>>
>>35272339
Just do SS or Reg Park, faget

You're probably going to fail because you're too stupid to figure out AxBxAxx
>>
>>35273862
You should do SS until you become intermediate which is designed in the book as exhausting your linear progression. You should be able to get good gains from it for at least a couple months.
>>
>>35274979
Don't fall for the SS meme
don't do it
>>
>>35274868
Thank you. I'm definitely hitting the legs, too.

>>35274899
I get it now, and chill. There was a time when you didn't know as well.

>>35275037
I'm not, thanks.
>>
>>35274843
Well, I sure hope I do six months from now after being in the gym 3-5 times a week.
>>
>>35276016
And making dietary changes.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.