[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I cook my rice /fit/? When I use the rice cooker, white
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: rice.jpg (472 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
rice.jpg
472 KB, 2048x2048
How do I cook my rice /fit/? When I use the rice cooker, white shit sprays everywhere, and the rice is only good to eat immediately, If I refrigerate the rice then re-heat at a later time, the rice becomes all dry and clumped together.
>>
File: 1450152319022.jpg (139 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450152319022.jpg
139 KB, 1080x1080
>>
>>35268156
Reheating rice is a bitch.
Best way would be to do it in a pan and make fried rice.
Another way is to put water in a pot, put rice in a different pot and put that pot on top of the pot with water. Wait for the water to boil and then slightly reduce heat.
>>
why not pour a little bit of water into the rice before reheating it.
>>
>>35268240
>boiling rice
I don't believe you
>>
What about the rice cooker spraying white shit everywhere, is that normal?
>>
>>35268295
Never used a rice cooker but same things happens in a pot, usually when used too much heat. Try reducing the heat of the rice cooker (if possible) if not, don't worry about it.
>>
>>35268310
When cooking rice in a pot, does it still reheat shitty? Do you just add water and try to cover it so the steam builds up/is absorbed by rice and becomes fluffy?
>>
>>35268247
>>35268156
When you microwave it, just add some water so it won't dry out as bad. Then stir it well when you take it out of the microwave.

Easy stuff
>>
>>35268329
Thanks m8
>>
>>35268329
>>35268367
wrong. get a paper towel wet and lay it over the top of the bowl and then microwave it. adding water doesn't cook the rice evenly.
>>
>>35268329
>>35268156

You guys don't realize how UTTERLY PATHETIC you are that you can't even cook rice like a normal human being.

>just microwave the rice xDD

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!
>>
>>35268482
Please explain to me how I fucking cook rice at work then
>>
>>35268482
Omg anon, how do you boil the rice
>>
>>35268482
he said reheating the rice after refrigeration, autist
>>
How much water did you put into the rice? How much water did you put outside of the rice pot into the cooker?
Did you even wash the rice?
>>
>>35268501
What the fuck, you're not seriously supposed to put water outside the rice pot/in the cooker are you? and does it seriously matter if you dont wash the rice?
>>
>>35268295
It's normal for my cooker when I try to make just 1 cup (mines a 1-4 cupper). Easy solution is make more rice.

Here's how I make it
Rice
Water up to marked level for cups of rice
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp salt
Chopped peppers (let em float. I like Anaheim, but bell/jalapeƱo work too)

The vinegar/salt improves taste and texture. For brands, my favorite is Calrose. It's a medium grain. Else I stick to mahatma extra long.
>>
>>35268511
If you have an electric cooker no, but I have a steam cooker so I have to put a cup of water there.
Anyways your rice will taste substantially better if you washed them beforehand
>>
File: baitnicetry.jpg (64 KB, 620x622) Image search: [Google]
baitnicetry.jpg
64 KB, 620x622
>>35268482
you almost tempted me anon
>>
Ok thanks guys. what about stopping the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot? Do I just add more water or something?
>>
>>35268554
Water won't do shit. If your rice cooker doesn't have a nonstick coating, just coat it with Pam or something before throwing in everything else
>>
>>35268525
>dirty riceskin
>>
>>35268577
fuck, good idea
>>
>>35268156
Refrigerate it and then refry it with veggies. Tastes great.
>>
>>35268156
Nigga, you are supposed to wash out the rice a MINIMUM of 3 times, if you cook like a peasant. 5 times is better.
Wash out all the starch and the rice will be fluffy and delicious.

Reheating is easy, half fill a mug with water, and microwave it for 2 mins.
>>
>>35268621
How do i wash rice?
>>
>>35268625
Bring the rice cooker pot to the sink, pour water in, use your fingers to stir it around all the way to the bottom, until no more starch comes out, then tip the water out, and do it a few more times.

Restaurants put the rice under running water for like 6 hours.
>>
>>35268644
Also make sure you buy the good rice. Go to an Asian grocer and ask what the best brand of jasmine rice is
>>
>>35268644
Does this remove calories?
>>
>>35268432
This is correct
>>
Make pilaf, you dingus, it tastes great even when reheated.
>>
1. Heat up water
2. Put rice in said water
3. ???
4. Eat
>>
>>35268665
Some, but it mostly just prevents crusty sticking and chalky flavoured rice
>>
>>35268156
the rice packets usually have instructions on the rice to water ratios, just follow that and the rice should be perfect.
When you reheat it in the microwave tho, either put some water in with it, or put water in a cup next to it (so the water in the cup drys out first), or put some butter in the rice so it doesnt get stuck together.

>im quater jap
>>
>>35268750
Ayy. Me too.
I'm white skinned though, my brother and sister are more Asian looking
>>
>>35268156
>not eating rice cold
>being lazy
Pick one and only one.

Seriously, though, its easy to get used to eating cold rice, just got push through the initial disgust.
>>
>>35268625
you just know some retard is using a bar of soap
>>
File: 1444314220340.jpg (94 KB, 677x631) Image search: [Google]
1444314220340.jpg
94 KB, 677x631
>not being able to cook rice
i know why i stopped browsing /fit/
>>
>>35268240
So frying the rice with a steam heated pot?
>>
>>35268156
I had that problem with white rice but after switching to brown rice it doesn't stick and is edible days after I cook it.
>>
Equal parts rice and water in a pot.

Low heat for an hour.

I use wild rice though instead of plain white, so it might be different.

Also stop buying shit rice cookers
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.