[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok /fit/ listen to me for a sec here i don't care about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1425533532105.png (79 KB, 408x660) Image search: [Google]
1425533532105.png
79 KB, 408x660
ok /fit/ listen to me for a sec here

i don't care about endurance or physique i just want to focus on strength at the gym ok

does it do anything to be going heavy(5x5) every time at the weightlifting for more than 2 hours? assuming you weight lift for 2 hrs, go home and rest for half the day and go back for another 2 hours. or is that just a waste of time?
>>
4 hours a day total?

You don't need that long for strength training. If you're lifting heavy without a full rest day and for that long, you're not lifting heavy enough yet.
>>
>>35267030
i've done it myself the other day with my heaviest set on my bench. granted one workout was in the morning and the other at night time. i have a lot of time in my hands i just want to know if this is worth it or not for the sake of gains lol.
>>
>>35266981

Do SS for like, 6 or so months.
Then do Texas Method forever.
If you're gonna do powerlifting then take a look at Candito's programs.

Lifting for more than 2 hours isn't a big deal, specially considering you will likely take up to 8 minutes of rest once you start deadlift and squatting heavy.

But yeah, resting is one of the most important things for strength development. Don't overtrain and neglect the resting.
>>
>>35266981
Strength how? Strength is a goal, much like physique is a goal, much like endurance is a goal, that demands you also ask "in what regard?" Since all those motherfucking things are pretty related. Endurance can mean going on a farmer's walk with 800lbs for time, or it can mean running a marathon in two and a half hours. Strength can mean a 5 plate low bar back squat, or it could mean a 3 plate clean and snatch. Do you want to be a powerlifter or something? Heavy deadlift/squat/bench?

Regardless, going to the gym for longer than two hours probably means you're giving yourself too much rest time or too much to do if you are going heavy in everything, and you probably want to wait at least 24hrs or so before you get back into the gym to lift heavy again. Your muscles won't really recover in less time than that. If you're really new, maybe your nervous system could still benefit from getting back into the gym, but if you're going heavy, you probably still need a day or two recovery if you are doing full body workouts. You can always drop the weight to try and practice the lifts, though.
>>
>>35267092
oh i'm already past the ss point and i'm nailing my carb/fat/protein/calories but the 10lb gains on the benchpress a month suuuuucks.
>>
>>35267052
Listen. You need rest. Take it.
>>
>>35267101
imt doing back/leg/chest days

chest day is just:
bench press
incline
overhead press
dips
cable fly's

just having a hard time getting past the plateau(currently 200 on bench)
>>
>>35267129
you might want to think about giving overhead press its own day or grouping it with back

Are you doing 5x5 of all the compound stuff though? Have you tried dropping down to 3x5? You might just be having too much volume at too heavy of a weight for you to recover adequately. Also, eat more and gain weight if you want to have an easier time lifting.

I had a buddy that did Boring But Big and got a lot more strength gains than size gains out of it. Might want to think about trying 5/3/1.
>>
>>35267292
yeah im doing it all 5x5 all the way everyday. if i can't get at least 5 on a set i drop down 5 lbs. but trying to get past the plateau bench press is so damn frustrating.

i've been eating quite a lot ):

i'll take a look at the BBB ty
>>
Salve! I trained to be a professional circus strongman for 4 years, and almost had a position at Cirque Du Soleil. I am super human strong and yes I am posting in 4chan... go figure. If strength is your goal you need to focus on FULL body lifts and do them very heavy. The one hand clean and press, and the turkish get-up in particular are the main two lifts I was drilled on. Protocol for both is, using a dumbbell or kettlebell (neither implement is more or less advantageous in these lifts, so use either) find a weight you can complete the lift in at most twice, but better once. Yes you will train multiple sets of "singles". With the the clean and press set that timer for 30 minutes a do as many one hand cleans and presses as you can, switching hands after each rep... so right then left etc. Keep track of the ending number (right and left tallied up to a sum total) and each week try and include on extra rep. When you can do 25 reps with each hand, total 50, its time to go up to the next size up kettle bell or dumbbell and start the process over again. Condier yourself super strong when you can one hand clean and press over on third your body weight 50 times (25/25) in under 30 min. I worked up from 32KG(70lb) Kettlebell to now 70KG(152lb) kettlebell in this EXACT way. THe same protocol applies to the Turkish get-up in both weight, time and reps. I say work the clean and press HARD for a year before the turkish get up. YOu might also want to eventually get a Ivanko Super Gripper and or a Captain of Crush gripper from Iron Mind. I can almost regularly close the #4 CoC gripper and with regularity close the Ivanko Gripper at the 12/10 setting. Have fun! Life is awesome when you are super human strong but into 4chan and other related activities.
>>
Oh yes, only train twice a week. Your body MUST heal. Monday and Thursday or Monday of Friday split is good.
>>
>>35267111
10 lbs a month is more than enough. You realize that if you kept going at that rate, you'd be up 120 pounds on your bench max, right? In two years you'd be up 240 pounds. That won't happen because you'll hit a wall sooner or later, but you get my point.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.