[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make gains in not having suicidal existential thoughts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: 1438980261746.gif (232 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1438980261746.gif
232 KB, 640x480
How do I make gains in not having suicidal existential thoughts consume my mind?
>>
5×5 stoicism
5×5 meditate
1×5 stop being a bitch

Maybe throw in some shrooms once a month to shock the system.
>>
>>35266200
Try professional help vs a Lebanese Betty Spaghetti enthusiast forum.

Heres the US suicide hotline:
1 (800) 273-8255

Or you could try therapy
>>
File: image.png (49 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
image.png
49 KB, 234x215
>>35266200
I know this feel.

>tfw too intelligent to lift
>>
>>35266240
>1×5 stop being a bitch
>muh cns
>>
File: 1403887594989.jpg (139 KB, 589x777) Image search: [Google]
1403887594989.jpg
139 KB, 589x777
>>35266200
>>
>>35266200
Hey anon, I've had these thoughts as well and the only way was to keep going not to allow circumstances get you down. Lift, pursue hobbies living in a routine is boring, do something different to help maintain variety go out to the movies, read books, do something that challenges you. In those challenges you find a reason to live to have a purpose. One place to start is to work on yourself, can't dance? Learn how to, realize your potential and then actualize it. I know you might feel like there's no point to it because in the end we all die, but that's the beauty of it one way or another we all die. Life is the blank canvas we write our stories on, we can't control everything but we can control our actions and how we react to things. This will pass anon, but it is up to you to care about your happiness because life is a cruel mistress that will do everything it possibly can to make you miserable. The good times will come only if you make them.
>>
Destroy the ego and have no mind.
>>
>>35266751
Kill yourself my man
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 722x349
>>35266200
Dont let your mind control you. You are the master
>>
>>35266200
My friend embrace those thoughts. Inside you is a diety emerging through your shadow and along the way his words are lost in self pity. You are addicted to the chemicals released during those Pitts of depression. Understand his words, they are there to harm but to challenge you into becoming the king you were born to be. Stop being a bitch and man the fuck up.
>>
>>35267642
Lol I meant not to harm
>>
>>35266751
That's an excuse to live in a bubble
>>
>>35267642
Thanks man
>>
File: 1446712770837.jpg (134 KB, 653x1024) Image search: [Google]
1446712770837.jpg
134 KB, 653x1024
>>35266200
3x5 Kierkegaard
Make meaning m8, you'll get there!
>>
>>35267708
Oh course bro. I know that feeling dude but what you need to embed into your brain is that the seed of the self grows through the soil of the shadow. You no longer lift for girls or body build to look you, you lift because your biology tells you to. Character and will are the two muscles you need to be more focused on in the gym my friend :)
>>
>>35266200
Maybe a hobby?
Otherwise >>35266584
>>
>>35266200

watch more flcl
>>
>>35267099
You are your mind though
>>
>>35266200
I dunno about you fellas or OP, but lifting and general exercise cures me of them negative feels.

Problem is, I've become dependent on exercise as a crutch.

At least it's better than drinking a bunch of beer like before.
>>
>>35268386
In a way everything is a crutch. Life is inherently lacking a clear objective meaning, this is a very unsettling idea to some, as such they turn to other acts to give their life some sort of meaning. The crucial part is choosing a crutch that allows you to more easily carry the burden of responsibility of making meaning for your own life
>>
>>35268654
what he says. existence is a crazy thing to think about, maybe one day it can be answered. in the meantime, do something cool with this 1 life you have, just fuck around and have fun be nice etc., or become a serial killer, whatever man
>>
>>35266751
>be liftan for over a year and a half
>NEVER MISSED A DAY, CONSTANT PROGRESS
>have a 3.7 college gpa studying engineering
Stop living in a bubble
>>
>>35266751
>tfw too intelligent to lift
What the hell does this even mean?
>>
you're one life on a timeline that is too massive for you to fully comprehend. there were billions of years of darkness that you were not alive. there will be billions more after your life is over. the time that you are alive and here on this Earth is so fleeting, so fragile, so astoundingly small. you never know when you will be returned to the infinite darkness so give meaning to your life will it's light. forget about what everyone around you is doing; go out there and seek joy, peace, and understanding. its natural to have your bad days and to feel sad or angry. one day you'll look back and be surprised at how far you've come. you're not alone, friend.

tl;dr: its gonna be alright
>>
>>35266751
Damn, best b8 I've seen on this board for a while, well played anon
>>
For several months this year I was going to bed staring at my glock 26 with my hand on it aimed right at me, I was under an inhuman amount of stress without even realizing it then. Talk to someone, literally anyone, the only requirements are that they are human and that they are positive. If you have parents who give a shit about you, start there, call a therapist, talk to your fucking world of Warcraft guild I don't care, even 4chan will be better than nothing. I spoke to myself in the mirror the night I turned this around, I'm not sure that's particularly good(and it violated my positivity rule, but I am that alone in the world) so i won't recommend it here but it did manage to work. I was crying to myself by the end of it

If you're considering suicide, I think it's safe to say you aren't happy. So when you start this conversation literally just say the words "I am not happy anymore". you don't have to know what comes next(chances are you will know instinctually but not how to phrase it and it will all come out in a mess) and just keep talking as best you can

Give serious consideration to that hotline a prior non posted if nothing else

We're all gonna make it brah, no matter what someone will always be here to question whether you even lift and generally mock you
>>
>>35266240
strongly endorse this. Not exaggerating when i say that taking acid (just once) ended my personal struggle with suicide.

Plenty of legal ways to trip if you're scared of legal hiccups. Doing ayahuasca for new years.
>>
>>35266200
Get normal gains. Trust me it helps.
First you may don't like looking at yourself in the mirror. (Bc you say u are ugly, always bringing you down)
at the gym you are forced to look at yourself. After 3 months i lost my mirrorselfhate. And my mood is better.
Try some 'Hypericum perforatum'-tea (sorry dont know the english name)
And then get better at things. Like anon said learn to dance. You only losev 30mins a day of suicidal thoughts.
Start eating less sugar and give yourself time. Life gets better trust me and you get stronger.
>>
>>35266200
>>>
>Anonymous 12/16/15(Wed)08:24:10 No.35268924▶

By not being a homosexual faggot cocklover and set yourself some fucking goals and go for them like a real man, you fuccboi.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.