[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can C25K be run concurrently with Strong Lifts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
I've been doing Strong Lifts 5x5 for a while but want to add in some cardio.

Can I run Couch to 5K concurrently with SL or would I be better just doing some light cardio on machines after lifting sessions?
>>
>>35265143
Yes
>>
>>35265143
you can, but you will need to (1) eat more and (2) it will probably make you stall out quicker on SL 5x5.
>>
>>35265143
You lift three times a week. You do three exercises each time you're there. You do 9 lifts per week. You probably spend 3 hours a week out of god knows how many.

Why on earth wouldn't you be able to some cardio on the other 4 days that you're off? Of course you can, even light cardio for 10min post workout is fine as long as you make up for the calories burnt.
>>
I'm doing SL myself, what l do is :
A,C(cardio),B, rest, A,C,B, rest
Repeat. It's pretty good
>>
>>35265197
It's not that I'm worried about whether or not cardio is okay to add. I already know that's okay.

My concern is about adding a dedicated running program to my fitness regime on top of a lifting program.
>>
>>35265316
Couch to 5k requires like 3 days a week? Alternate lifting with this and enjoy your Sunday's in church. Eat enough calories to offset whatever might be lost if you're bulking.
>>
>>35265143
Yeah, you will just need to eat more, and either do the cardio on days that you don't lift, or do the cardio after lifting not before. The reason being that you don't need full strength to do cardio, but if you do cardio first your muscles will have less energy for lifting thus making it harder to lift heavy.
>>
>>35265143
Sauce?
>>
>>35265609
filename
>>
>>35265143
>SL5x5
>C25K
Kek, all the normie red flags together.
Whatever, it doesn't really matter. >>35265195 said it good enough. That said, in the long run it's better to run and lift than just lift. Who cares about stalling, you aren't competing. Do what's healthy.
>>
>>35265354

I don't think it's a good idea to do C25K on rest days, I think it's better to go for a run after the gym.
>>
>C25K
>Hard

You can honestly just jog 10 minutes every day and youll find a 5k to be stupidly easy
>>
>>35265609
Some uggo chink
>>
>>35265609
Didn't you see the file name? Her name is Chistine Huang.
>>
>>35265143
ermmmm whats your thought process?

let me ask you this: why wouldnt you be able to?
>>
>>35267093
It might harm my recover and stall my strength progress.
>>
I've been doing both for the past 2 months and I'm still getting linear gains for SL and I've been running full 5ks for the past 3 weeks. I usually go to the gym Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday and run MWF. Haven't had any problems yet.

If you start stalling on either program id recommend eating more or dropping your cardio down to 2 days a week.
>>
>>35265197
>You probably spend 3 hours a week out of god knows how many

Really, man? 24x7? Is 168 too astoundingly large of a number for you?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.