[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to not be mistaken for a "resolutioner" at the gym?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: SIR new year's comic.jpg (660 KB, 1755x3285) Image search: [Google]
SIR new year's comic.jpg
660 KB, 1755x3285
I just started lifting in mid September. I've made some decent progress but from a stranger's perspective I still look like an out of shape noob.

January is coming up and I don't want people to mistake me for a New Years resolutioner.

Thoughts? How do I make it known that I'm not some dumb resolutioner that will quit half way through February?
>>
Who cares as long as you don't quit?
>>
Why do you care? Also dont do anything retarded and people wont think you arte retarded, but judging by this thread...
>>
Wear a stringer and do weighted pullups

No newb will do that
>>
i started in may and have attempted to get every regular on nodding basis with me
i've started with the acknowledgement grimace, noone's reciprocated
but they'll know you're not a nyr, and so will the nyr's when you're rude to them
>>
>>35264398

Why do you care what others think you are?
If people are mistaking you for a "resolutioner" it's probably your body.
>>
New sir comic soon how exciting
>>
>>35264398
Why are you so insecure that you even care about this
/fit/ is such a sad place
>>
>>35264398

Start a diet and do bodyweights at home. Go to the gym when you become more confident with your body.

Or, you know, just go to the gym and stop giving a shit about others. Like what everyone else in there is doing.
>>
>>35264398
I feel you OP, I'm going to change gyms and only asking about prices get me anxious as fuck.
>>
>>35264440
>the truth

I found weighted pull ups, muscle ups, and weighted one legged squats the best way to assert myself as a seasoned gym goer.
>>
If you actually lift, the no one will mistake you for a NYR. No one is gunna accuse that guy deadlifting 315 in the corner of anything.
>>
>>35264398

rerack your weights

dont wear crossfit shit
>>
>>35264398

Who gives a shit?

I'm recovering from a back injury at work. Haven't lifted for nearly a year, all my gains are pretty much gone and my work schedule doesn't let up for me until the 3rd of Jan.

When I go back people will think I'm a New Years resolutioner.

Do I give a fuck? No. Oh no I'm gonna be judged by curl bros!

Fuck those cunts they will judge you regardless.
>>
>>35264398
Bench over 40kg

squat past quarter squat

squat more than 60kilos

do more than two sets of any workout

go in groups of less than 5

Use the squat rack for anything other than curls
>>
Bench at least two plate for reps.
>>
>>35264726
Sounds like I meet all of those.
>>
>>35264398
if your not DYEL then you do not need to separate yourself from the peasants
>>
I hope Sir takes a break from Rick and Morty and draws another comic.
>>
>>35264398
If you've been going to the gym consistently since sept, then the regulars will recognize you. And as long as you don't do any weird excercises such as pushups on a ball while balancing a pink dumbell on your head, no one will think you're one. But the best advice is dont pay attention to it at all. If you don't quit then youre not one. The people who will judge are the ones who will quit come february
>>
>>35264398
>How do I make it known that I'm not some dumb resolutioner that will quit half way through February?

The best way is to not quit half way through February.
>>
>>35264398
Be there Jan 5th
>>
My gym recently went from costing 60-80 $ to 20$, and now its new years resolutioners all year round :/
>>
Don't be a douche or a tool. Move with a purpose, go in, lift weights, get out.
>>
If you go alone with a plan in mind then you are not one. Just don't do any cross fit shit and have decent gym etiquette skills.
>>
>>35264398

If you look like a NYRfag, then sorry but people will think you are a NYRfag.

try not looking like shit, maybe?
>>
>>35264398
Shit, why doesn't SIR do any more /fit/ comics.

Come back to us SIR.
>>
>>35264398
the best way is to still be there after one week
>>
>>35264398
I'm just making a guess that the reason why you're scared of being judged is because you're judgemental as fuck.
>>
why the fuck do you even care
>>
>>35264398
Do lots of crossfit and bodyweight excercises. Barbell flies as well. Buy all new gym clothes and talk loudly to anyone who will listen about all the routines you got off a latin-american basket-weaving board.

Oh and make sure to carry around a shaker filled with only water. Don't wanna get thirsty inbetween reps.
>>
>>35264482
If he makes it.. Didn't he stop lifting a while ago?
>>
>>35268000
He makes a comic every New Year
So in a few weeks there'll be a new one, with all the latest dank memes in there
>>
OP is an insecure faggot whose identity lies in what people think of him. When I ask you "Who and what are you?" you will say "I don't know, you tell me". Classic identity crisis

If you have a minute you should watch this:
https://youtu.be/JwyQ9nbwZ5M?t=138
>>
>>35269877
He sees us all bitch about NY res fags and he thought we were all being serious so now he is self conscious. He didn't understand the meme of this place now he will be doomed to try his best not to act like a NY res fag but it is too late for him because he is DYEL and all DYEL look new unless its a small gym and he's been there often and people recognize him.
>>
>>35269955

SIR has given up being /fit/ and to be honest 2015 hasn't been a memorable year for fit memes (are there even any aside from Supermang?)

I'm betting there won't be one this time around.
>>
>>35264398
BACKTOREDDITWITHYOU
>>
>>35270589
Agree, 2015 has been shit. The only memes created this year was baka desu senpai, cant really remember anything else. Or well, calling everything a meme is pretty 2015
>>
File: 20151129_084827.jpg (716 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151129_084827.jpg
716 KB, 1080x1080
>>35264398

>be me
>fat
>begin last december
>was more ashamed about being a fat, lazy, worthless piece of shit than I was ashamed about being resolved to do something about it
>only ever go to gym at 5am or 10pm to avoid being seen in anything less than layers of clothing to hide my shame
>be me now
>no where close to making it
>just closer than I was before
>happier for it

Be less concerned with whether people think youre going to fail or not. Be more concerned with being a fat as fatass fat fuck.

Also, fuck your commercialized "ill start at 1201am resolution bullshit." You should have started yesterday.
>>
>>35271390

Man you're looking good to be honest.
>>
>>35264497
Hello? Everyone who has ever lifted has crippling insecurities. Do you honestly even lift?
>>
>>35270838
>>35270589
Well I haven't been on /fit/ a lot this year, so maybe that's it
But maybe I give myself too much credit
>>
>>35271390

looking aesthetic breh
>>
>>35271390
What kind of routine are you on bruh? I'm the same mode as the pic on the left.
>>
File: 20150522_171600.jpg (680 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
20150522_171600.jpg
680 KB, 1080x1080
>>35271849
Thanks breh, means the most.

>>35271879
I wanted to use the weight to build as much muscle as I could because I knew cutting the fat would shrink me down. I started with Bodybuilding.com's Big Man On Campus program, completed it twice - then I started Kris Gethin's 12 week trainer. All the while I have been doing at minimum 30min of stairmaster every morning no exceptions. Im down 50 pounds since the start of the year.

This is what I looked like before I got fat. My ex gf totally fucking wrecked me. Hoping to surpass this soon. Pic related.
>>
>>35264398
>How to not be mistaken for a "resolutioner" at the gym?

do exactly what other anons suggested. you go in and act like you don't give a fuck. but, you've made this thread so that won't be happening.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.