[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The government is putting fluoride in the tap water. Is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: floridewater[1].jpg (81 KB, 680x380) Image search: [Google]
floridewater[1].jpg
81 KB, 680x380
The government is putting fluoride in the tap water.

Is this bad? Can it harm gains and/or health?
>>
mad teeth gains bruv
>>
> drink a gallon of fluoridated tap water every day for years
> best natty gains of almost anyone I know because of strict diet and regimen
> constantly complimented on white non rotten teeth
>>
what countries do this?
>>
It's not enough fluoride to kill
>>
File: 5jRGanL.jpg (3 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
5jRGanL.jpg
3 MB, 3024x4032
The fluoridation of water is known to prevent tooth decay and is considered by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as "one of 10 great public health achievements of the 20th century". This puts it ahead of "Recognition of tobacco use as a health hazard."
http://www.cdc.gov/about/history/tengpha.htm

The American Dental Association calls water fluoridation "one of the safest and most beneficial, cost-effective public health measures for preventing, controlling, and in some cases reversing, tooth decay."
www.ada.org/2467.aspx

Health Canada supports fluoridation, citing a number of international scientific reviews that indicate "there is no link between any adverse health effects and exposure to fluoride in drinking water at levels that are below the maximum acceptable concentration of 1.5 mg/L.
www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ewh-semt/water-eau/drink-potab/health-sante/faq_fluoride-fluorure-eng.php
>>
File: 4LILkQq.jpg (695 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
4LILkQq.jpg
695 KB, 2448x3264
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the Dietary Reference Intakes, which is the "highest level of daily nutrient intake that is likely to pose no risk of adverse health effects" specify 10 mg/day for most people, corresponding to 10 L of fluoridated water with no risk.
>>
other than the mind controlling nanobots it's pretty safe
>>
Doesn't this affect calcium absorption somehow?
>>
>>35263242
It does, F- loves Ca2+ and so will form an insoluble compound, leading to hypocalcemia in high doses. However, the amount in your drinking water is nowhere near that.

If you're really worried about fluoride (you shouldn't be) stop drinking tea, because that has a lot more fluoride in it than drinking water.

The scarier effect of high fluoride doses is skeletal fluorosis, which affects 3 million people in China due to high fluoride in drinking water (much higher than what is put into your drinking water, so relax) and the amount of tea they drink. Skeletal fluorosis causes softening of bones, making them easy to break and can cause deformities.

I learned all this from my toxicology class while doing my chemistry degree. I still drink fluoridated water because I know it's safe.
>>
>>35261736
Seriously fluoride in water was one of the smartest things we ever did.
see>>35262519
>>
>>35262576
>nanomachines son
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.