[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Acne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: boy-with-facial-acne.jpg (55 KB, 1000x658) Image search: [Google]
boy-with-facial-acne.jpg
55 KB, 1000x658
I have terrible acne when bulking guys. When i cut it gets better, but doesnt disappear. Dermatologist only gave me shit ton of creams that didnt help at all and yet they were expensive as heck. What do? In my case it is some red spots on cheeks and forehead when cut, transforming into big ass almost tumor-like balls under my skin that hurt much. They cannot be popped since they are so deep.
>>
>>35260618
Google cystic acne
>>
>>35260618
Try retin-a or tazoratene.

Also you may have a fat sensitivity that's causing your acne. try high carb low fat diet.
>>
>>35260618
go back to your dermatologist and tell him about it

also say you're tired of this cream bullshit and tell to him to prescribe you accutane

you're welcome
>>
Try cut dairy products to a minimum ( soja and regular milk contain a lot of hormones). If you got greasy skin wash the greasy parts every two days with hot water only. If you got dry skin try oil cleasing method. Accutane should be the last thing to try cause it has severe side effects
>>
>>35261316

only solution desu senpai
>>
benzoyl peroxide
>>
>>35260618
cut out dairy products

i've had acne on my forhead and after i cut out dairy products completely it went compeletly away in 3-4 days
>>
accutane is your only hope. fuck all other options.
>>
>>35260618
I've had acne since 13.
26 now.
Topical stuff are really only "Band-Aids," so to speak. Acne really is a genetic/internal problem. I've tried so many stuff including spironolactone, which pretty much killed of my testosterone, but significantly improved my skin (no more cysts). I quit that because I'm going to the army now.
I did research on accutane and learned that it is actual just high dosages on synthetic Vitamin A. Really heavy shit though. Could kill you easily without supervision.

Vitamin A regulated sebum production in your skin. That oily shit that causes blockage in pores. I figured I was probably Vit A deficient since I never ate much food with retinol (animal form of vitamin a). You get retinol from liver, eggs, butter, fish oil.

I started taking Now Vitamin A 25,000 IU 6 months ago. You can find this in amazon for like $11.

I do 50,000 IU which is double the dosages recommended, but I have ridiculous low body fat so I thought it won't accumulate much and kill me. Vitamin A is fat soluble. It will accumulate in your fat and can cause death.

Never had better skin in my life. I rarely ever have to use topicals. Saves me money and much cheaper and less dangerous than accutane. Just monitor yourself for toxicity.
>>
>>35262199
Just note that Vit A deficiency might not be your problem. It was for me, but everyone is different.
>>
I got acne from bad quality creatine which is used in a lot of weight gainer shakes. I now use pharmaceutical grade creatine only works fine
>>
So, basically cut all dairy and add lots of eggs, fishes and vit A? I will try i guess, i hate medicines.
>>35261584
Damn it, i cannot wash face only once in a two days, it would look like a frying pan. It kinda is hard to explain, but underneath the greas it is dry as heck.
>>
>>35262503
My face was like that except I had on my neck and back too. I know how painful that cystic shit is. If you start taking Vit A, it might get worse before it gets better. You should see results in 2-3 weeks. After that you'll notice your face might be shiny with oil, but you don't break out much if at all. Also drink water.
>>
File: 1449928029872.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1449928029872.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>35261316
make sure you get monthly liver tests tho

and don't get pregnant
>>
>>35260618

A C C U T A N E

C

C

U

T

A

N

E
>>
im a month and a half into accutane. IB wasnt too bad. lips are VERY dry though
>>
>>35263408
But is it helping?
>>
>>35263721
it works 100% of the time

just make sure you take it when you are supposed too

it is hard on your body
>>
>>35260618
Differin gel is the best you can get, I had bad acne for year tried loads of this and this is the best just behind washing my face with almost boiling hot water and heavy duty disinfectant
>>
>derm recommends accutane
>"let us know if you feel signs of depression"
>tfw always depressed
>>
>>35263820
I took accutane, not anymore. It came back, but it's lot less now.
>>
LISTEN TO ME OP. STOP USING SOAP AND TOUCHING YOUR FACE. SHOWER ONCE A DAY START WITH HOT AND WORK TO COLD THEN PAT DRY
>>
>>35264832
does not do anything to cystic acne, kill urself pls
>>
>>35260618
Horrible english incoming
Acne its different in each person for me eating anything with soy sauce makes me have like 3 breakout the next day, also sugary drinks and alcohol so i avoid those things and fapping so currently i am doing a nofap and it helps me a lot, like 1 breakout per week. ( usually was 1-2 per day)
Well thats in my case hope it helps you.
>>
>>35262199
Did you notice any side affects at 50,000 IU? That seems like a ton even for someone with low body fat
>>
>>35266748
Probably fatigue and dry lips, but then again I've always had poor water intake habit. I rarely felt anything unusual. Probably because I've been starved of vitamin A for most of my life.
Before accutane (which is like Vitamin A on steroids), doctors used to prescribed incredibly high doses of vitamin A (equal or over 100,000 IU) for severe cases of acne.
Again, my body is different. I wouldn't recommend doing a high dose for extended periods of time, though. I think just taking 25,000 IU a day (which is upper limit for healthy adult males) works for most people based on anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>35266748
http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Vitamin-25000-Soft-gels/dp/B001B4P0I6

That's the stuff I'm taking. Pretty good reviews from customers who claim to take it for their acne. After 13 years of moderate to severe acne, its the only thing that worked for me on a budget. I had terrible cystic acne on my face, neck, and back. After 2 weeks my bacne was gone, and now I barely get any zits on my face. Haven't changed my diet much. I never drink milk because lactose intolerant, so I know my acne wasn't caused by dairy.

For $12, I'd recommend you try it for a month using the recommended dose. If you don't get results, then go on that last resort med, accutane.
>>
what do when you dont get tiny pimples but a random FUCKHUGE one every other month
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.