[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone work on their explosiveness? What exercises help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 2058-thinking.jpg (23 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
2058-thinking.jpg
23 KB, 500x414
Does anyone work on their explosiveness?

What exercises help with that? Can someone provide some info/workout/internet site that I can research?

Thanks.
>>
Box jumps, deep squat jumps, HIIT some of the things I do but I just started
>>
Weightlifting
>>
>explosiveness
Read the sticky...bomb?

...God damn it I'm better than this.
>>
Jumps, clapping pushups, HIIT, doing the big 6 with 50% of 1rm as fast as possible.
Usually put it in the end of my workout because it feels good to kick out the very last energy with, but I think most people put it in first
>>
File: 1449455784753.jpg (104 KB, 645x960) Image search: [Google]
1449455784753.jpg
104 KB, 645x960
>>35260112
Eat TnT
But no seriously what exercises do you mean? Cause if you mean overall, explosiveness comes from simply being stronger. The stronger you are the faster you are with lighter weights. You wanna get more explosive then just get stronger. If you can squat 4PL then you will explode with 2PL no problem.
>>
>>35260112
>>35240407
>>
OP here, thanks for the replies.

I have found some things about the lower body but I was wondering some more info about the upper body. Clapping push-ups, snatch, clean...

But that can't be all
>>
>>35260112
Oly lifts are the best for explosiveness since you literally can't do them as a grind.
>>
>>35260461
I said this >>35260164
And i still think it applies to bench. If you can bench 3PL then you should explode with 2PL. Just get stronger man. Avoid being overweight and fat and you'll be fine.
>>
Accentuate the negatives on each lift, explode out of.
>>
>>35260487
>he doesn't do slow-motion snatches
>>
Allahu Akbars 5x5

Every single day.
>>
What is this exactly? Should bother with it if I haven't hit 1/2/3/4 yet?
>>
>>35260576
No, to be honest "explosiveness" is a meme term people use that doesnt really mean anything. Lift heavy weights and eat right and you'll be fine.
>>
http://www.strengtheory.com/speed-kills-2x-the-intended-bar-speed-yields-2x-the-bench-press-gains/
>>
>>35260576
I would say to include either speed work or oly lifts so that you're taught speed and actual explosiveness since that's important for DL and squat hell even Konstantīns Konstantinovs advocates exploding and the guy has a 2,120 lbs total.
>>
>>35260194
This

Oly lifts are explosive
>>
>>35260112
cut back a bit of weight untill you can do your reps at to speed, and increase the speed too many people think power comes from brute force, but you need the mobility to have that explosive power and lifting too heavy/slow can be counter productive to "explosiveness" its all i go for, i do so with pushups and squats without weight, just pushing my body faster and faster. different muscle fibers for speed that all lifter neglect and that is why body builders are nothing but rippling puddles of water
>>
Holy shit, /fit/ has gone to shit if no one does plyometrics. It's maximum force exertion and works on power mainly. Here's a list of lower body exercises from Candito's Linear Programing:

1. Barbell Jump squat
2. Box jump
3. Power clean
4. Speed deadlifts (deadlifts with 5070% of max performed explosively) 5. Speed squats
6. Trap bar jump
7. Dumbbell jump squat
8. Dumbbell lunge jump
9. Any machine which allows for an explosive concentric portion of lift.

Unweighted Explosive Exercises
1. Squat jump (jumping using squat stance width/depth)
2. Box jump
3. Broad jump
4. One legged box jump
5. One legged broad jump

Since you want upper body it would be clapping pushups, jump pull-ups, etc. Plus machines where you can apply maximum force on the concentric as candito says in his reqs for lower body.
>>
File: 1445041336475.png (457 KB, 611x601) Image search: [Google]
1445041336475.png
457 KB, 611x601
>>35260112

List of exercises both by anecdotal and proven results:

Pull:
Pendlay Rows
Sumo Deadlifts

Push:
Paused Bench Press
OHP (Elbows forward)
Front squats and ATG squats

Other:
Box jumps
Pull ups
Hip flexor stretching
HIIT training (Don't overdo it though)
>>
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/717047

A brief position statement by the ACSM (American college of sports medicine), accessed via Medscape (make a free account if you cant read the article, Medscape is fucking Wikipedia for doctors). It mentions explosive/power training.

General athletics usually has you covered--just do a sport. If you wanna train specifically, I'd recommend using the power clean (or hang clean, w/e), vertical leap, and an explosive press as the core. Toss in an "explosive" day like strongmen throw in "event" days.
>>
>>35265208
>paused bench
How dumb are you
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX7QjuveBnY

Good luck.
>>
>>35264521
Thanks wojack
>>
>>35260461
the power clean and the snatch are the two basics for explosiveness. deads and squats to build the strength, cleans to learn to use it to explode.
>>
>>35265208
What's wrong with HIIT training?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.