[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nootropics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: DrugItem_3508.jpg (194 KB, 600x419) Image search: [Google]
DrugItem_3508.jpg
194 KB, 600x419
What are some alternatives to adderall?

I want to try a cog stimulant but don't want something that I need a prescription for. Are there OTC alternatives to Adderall or Ritalin?

Also, nootropics thread general.
>>
>>35259368
There are many RCs but if you're in the UK o's a moving target atm because of temporary ban orders.

If that doesn't affect you try isopropylphenidate
>>
>>35259368
>Are there OTC alternatives to Adderall or Ritalin?

Nope. Closest you'll get to it is caffeine or nicotine.
>>
>>35259368
What are nootropics?
>>
>>35259368
Trust me nigga, there is nothing close to it.
>>
>>35259368
probably modifinal?
>>
>>35259394

I'm in America so I think I could get the racetams (if that's what you mean by RC) pretty easily. But does it provide the same boost as ritalin or adderall? I've tried piracetam before, but the effects were temporary. After a few days, the caps do nothing for me. All the benefits disappear.
>>
>>35259465
oops, i meant modafinil*

>>35259394

> RCs

hf with ur literal brain cancer
>>
>>35259473
he meant research chemicals

"...Although all psychoactive use involves risk, many substances in this class of chemicals have undergone virtually no human or animal toxicity studies. Research chemicals are those for which there is little to no data on possible long term problems, addiction potential, allergic reactions, or acute overdoses."

https://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/research_chems/
>>
>>35259454

Nootropics are drugs that enhance cognitive abilities. They boost your memory, concentration levels, analytic skills, creativity. They're amazing. Different noots enhance different mental qualities, so you can mix and match and experiment.
>>
>>35259465

But modafinl needs a prescription, right? I want something OTC, no script needed.
>>
>>35259368
caffeine + L theanine
>>
>>35259368
i used to do a fuck ton of addy, have never found anything to truly replace it. the best thing i've found so far is a combo of 600mg pure caffeine powder mixed with 600mg of l-theanine. combine this with a /fit/ breakfast of oats and the energy release is crazy. you do build a tolerance to caffeine at that dosage though, and i definitely wouldn't recommend starting at any more than 400mg/400mg. 600mg caffeine is enough to make you sweat and have chest pain if you aren't used to caffeine abuse. do it at your own risk, i have a high tolerance from years upon years of caffeine over usage.
>>
>>35259494

Dang. I'd better read that article in full.

I like ritalin because it's safe; been used and tested for decades. Dunno about these RCs. I'd rather stick to the old school stuff.
>>
>>35259522

yeah, I don't want to put my heart at risk! 600 mg of caffeine is equal to six cups of coffee in one shot - that's insane. Glad it works for you, but I don't think it's for me.
>>
>>35259509
It'd depends on where you live, I think it's restricted or prescription only in Australia but I've never had an issue importing it from overseas.
>>
>>35259394
"Isopropylphenidate (also known as IPH and IPPD) is a piperidine based stimulant drug, closely related to methylphenidate, but with the methyl ester replaced by an isopropyl ester. It has similar effects to methylphenidate but with a longer duration of action" - Wiki

Wow that sounds amazing. Can I buy it online? Can anyone recommend a reputable online store for this? I live in the US.
>>
>>35259368
Not going to get anything close to a drug that has been tried and perfected over the years. Closest thing to Adderall I've used is an EC stack and the stimulation seems to be similar to IR adderall with worse sides and a very chaotic high. I'm currently on 20mg XR, shit is smooooth.
>>
>>35259526

You're wise for doing so, mucking around with drugs that don't have a decent safety profile is analogous to playing russian roulette.
>>
>>35259368
Microdosing LSD, shrooms or other psychedelics.

No sides and smooth energy.
>>
vyvanse is the prime pharmaceutical, but grow some ephadra and make tea out of it. watch out for legality tho
>>
>>35259368
what effects does adderall have on workouts and other fit stuff?
>>
>>35259559
Check reddit or longecity. There's actually a brit vendor again now so I could order it in bongland (importing and selling it is illegal but just buying it is legal tho you may get stuff confiscated), but no idea elsewhere. I could also go to France and get it there actually..

I've heard emoxypine is good to stop any comedown so maybe get some of that, tho isopropylphenidate is meant to be better than ritalin for comedown and focus. It's undergoing trials for use as a better ritalin atm too so probs about the safest alternative out there.
>>
>>35259509
It's for some reason usually not illegal to possess without a script. Otherwise ceretropic have a better version of adrafinil (hydroxyfinil? Something like that), those are legal to possess.
>>
>>35259495
Has there still been any good studies on the matter? Meta reviews preferably or some shit

Last time I checked there was nothing
>>
>>35259791
It dramatically improves energy, motivation, and focus. It's a strong appetite suppressant as well. I was diagnosed with ADHD in my mid-20's and the first eight months I was on it I damn near transformed into a spooky skeleton without the slightest effort. This is obviously a problem when bulking, but it's easier to eat clean when you have no desire to binge on junk.
>>
>>35259368
OR don't take drugs you don't actualy need you fucking idiots.
>>
Is Ritalin and adderal basicly the same stuff ?
>>
>>35259368

Alright listen the fuck up, I know what I'm talking about. Nothing is going to get close to prescription stims like adderall or ritalin, if you're talking about readily accessible nootropics. Don't fuck with RC analogues esp *phenidates.

play tetris and read books regularly. do cardio regularly. if you do these things you'll get far better benefits than any non-prescription non-RC nootropic out there.

with that out of the way, a really good beginner stack is piracetam and adrafinil (metabolizes to modafinil). here's a tip: your piracetam dosing needs to be considerably higher than what you read on the internet. READ SCIENTIFIC LITERATURE. /r/nootropic is a good resource. A good place to go for them is nootropicsdepot , google it, I'm not advertising just offering experience, its all about unregulated shit.
>>
>>35259723
hit me up when you have HPPD
>>
>>35260055

Ritalin is methylphenidate. Adderall is amphetamine.

Ritalin is a DAT blocker, adderall is as well, but effluxes dopamine as well. adderall is *slightly* more potent per mg.

What this means: your brain releases dopamine, and dopamine transporters absorb it back. ritalin prevents released dopamine from being reabsorbed, stockpiling that shit up.
adderall does the same thing, but also forces dopamine *out* of your brain as well.

of course these are oversimplified terms
>>
>>35260129
Thanks for the reply.

Adderal is better for studying then i guess ?
>>
>>35260101

>2015,9
>not wanting to trip 24/7

fucking beta
>>
>>35259509
its prescription but you can easily buy it online. google modafinilcat
>>
>>35260091

OP here, thanks for this information, much appreciated. Will check /r/nootropics and adrafinil, too.

I've used piracetam before, at doses of 4800 grams per day and higher. Good initial results, but after a few days, the effects wear off, regardless of daily dosage levels. It's like it combines with something in my body to produce great cognitive improvements, but once that "something" is depleted, the Piracetam is useless.

If I wait a month, however, and then start to take Piracetam again, the benefits will reappear (again, briefly).

Any idea what the piracetam is catalyzing with in my body? If we can identify this catalyst (choline?), and if I can get it in supplemental form, Ill be in stephen hawking mode for as long as I take pIracetam.
>>
>>35259974

There are tons of papers on the effectiveness of nootropics. Piracetam is one of the most researched drugs in history, and it very non-toxic and is used as a first line treatment for people with memory loss issues.

The nootropics family is vast. Some drugs are older and more researched than others. No one nootropic works for everybody, however, so you have to experiment to see what sort of works (which could be a placebo effect) to what really puts you through the roof. A large number of them work by increasing the neurotransmitter levels in your brain.

Piracetam and CDP Choline are some entry level nootropics. They work synergistically, can be bought online and are pretty cheap (as they're generic). You might want to check that out.
>>
>>35263025
Why are nootropics fucking illegal in yurop? Or you need a prescription from a doc. This is fucking rediculous.
>>
>>35263091

Not all need a prescription. You should look into adrafinil. Also potent herbs like Huperzine A are legal to buy OTC.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.