[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I lose weight by starving myself, like my ancestors in Auschwitz?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: auschwitz diet.jpg (91 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
auschwitz diet.jpg
91 KB, 800x500
Can I lose weight by starving myself, like my ancestors in Auschwitz?
>>
>>35258196
See, I've gained thirty pounds in the past three months. That's, like, a pound for every three days. I'm now 5'11 and 277.2 LB. I'm incredibly lazy and don't want to exercise, but I want to get rid of those pounds, and possibly more. I know I'm not supposed to starve myself, but the people who tell me not to do that are touchy-feely types who probably think no one should care about their weight to begin with.
>>
>>35258338
>Lock yourself in cage. Throw away key.
>Have someone bring you water and take away fecies.
>Wait until skinny.
If you don't care about health definetly possible.
>>
>>35258196

> it's unsustainable

> you will feel like literal death

> you will get loose skin

> you will lose muscle

Why not just lift weights + bit of cardio and eat 500 calories under maintenance?
>>
>>35258196
>>35258338
If you starve yourself you will lose muscle along with fat. You will also be and feel weaker and less intelligent (yes, cognitive abilities are a function of your body). You will be prone to gaining back the weight that you lost, except that you will replace the muscle you lost by fat. And then gain a little more weight (that's the yo yo effect fad dieters experience).

Sure, it is possible to starve yourself for a period, then eat at maintenance and do some light exercise not to feel like shit. But doing so requires willpower, and you have none.
>>
>>35258376
I'm autistic and I don't know how to lift weights or do pushups. I also don't know how to do cardio or even what that is. The only kind of exercise I can do is walk and/or run because it's straightforward, and I've gotten too lazy to do the mile a day I used to dream of.
>>
>>35258379
Muscle loss is greatly exaggerated on starvation diets, specially with that amount of body fat.
>>
>>35258403
>I'm autistic and I don't know how to lift weights or do pushups
This is the best beginner routine: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program (No push ups)

>I also don't know how to do cardio or even what that is.

Jogging / Cycling / Swimming etc.

I'm currently doing the Couch to 5K routine (www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml) which sounds perfect for you.
>>
>>35258469
There are a lot of words in that wiki article I don't understand the meaning of. Jogging sounds good, though. That's like running, right?
>>
>>35258426
I know, muscle loss is mainly driven by lack of sleep (along with well known stuff like lack of protein etc). But this faggot will end up a miserable piece of shit and then fatter than today if he tries it.
>>
>>35258510
"Buy" Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe.
>>
>>35258196
please die kike
>>
>>35258609
Less people clogging up my gyms then breh
>>
>>35258510
obvious troll is obvious fuck off
>>
>>35260683
I mean, I could swim and cycle too, assuming "cycle" means the bicycle-like equipment they have at the gym.
>>
Stop eating fat, and avoid sugar. The pounds will melt off.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.