[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw stuck at same size for at least a year >looked much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
>tfw stuck at same size for at least a year
>looked much better lean
>bulking (even slow) leads to fat gain around abdomen and barely any if at all strength gains
>fucking kill me

Pic is from a year or so ago
>>
>>35258091
Eat big to get big
Train insane or remain the same
>>
>>35258091
what are you stats bench, OHP, squats and dead etc....
>>
File: IMAG0186_1_1.jpg (28 KB, 388x368) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0186_1_1.jpg
28 KB, 388x368
Pic related is most recent lean pic I have, right around July/August
>>
File: IMAG0442_1_1.jpg (40 KB, 556x598) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0442_1_1.jpg
40 KB, 556x598
>>35258098
Bench around 165x5 incline
Around 185x5 flat but the benches are always occupied by frat bros
Can deadlift around 2pl8 but I don't regularly
Used to squat 2pl8 but I train with resistance cycling now and incorperate HIIT as well
OHP 115x5 if at the beginning of workout

Pic related is my miserable failure (as usual) of a bulk

I'm fairly confident it's actually diet, because I don't eat enough vegetables fruit or dairy.
>>
>>35258097
This faggot.
Eat, hit your recommended macros, rest, work your ass off.

You're doing one of these wrong.
>>
>>35258112
for one year, your stats are weak, maybe you just aren't pushing yourself.
>>
>>35258091
Are you even taking 4 scoops?
>>
>>35258097
>>35258122
I eat plenty enough. I went from 142 to 155 or so in a few months. Once I finish Uni this semester, I'm moving home for the winter, and I plan on taking advantage of all the abundance of nice cooked meals, veggies and stuff. I'm also gonna pick up rockclimbing again because that's when I was at my peak physique.
>>
>>35258122
>>35258098
This is not the answer

I know what you're doing wrong op.
You're not doing cardio.
Look up Lyle McDonald's work. Cardio literally changes a receptor balance in the body to burn fat, do it on cuts, and do it on bulks to help prevent some excess fat gain
>>
>>35258158
Aim for a gain of 2lbs a month. Your body as a natty can only put on about a half lb of lbm a week under ideal conditioms. Anything in excess is guaranteed fat.
>>
>>35258171
Thanks. It's just I have a hard time gaining strength and an easy time gaining weight
>>35258166
I used to do no cardio at all and gained strength and weight just fine. Now I do a minimum of 10-15 minute warm-up before workout of HIIT cycling with resistance or running. I still gain weigh because I eat more to compensate for the burned calories, but I don't seem to gain strength as easily
>>
>>35258112
From your early pic it looks like a solid year should have had you at 1/2/3/4. Your stats should be higher, with your current body it doesn't look like it'll take you too long to get there. Commit to a bulk, don't quit just because your abs become the tiniest bit less visible. Commitment is the name of the game, commit, bulk (not hard you fuck) lift and you'll get it. Not gaining weight and moving more weight? Eat more. Repeat until something changes.

>>35258166
Cardio isn't necessary. I still do it because I'm not a fool but I don't think cardio is all that magical, on a cut it increases deficit and on a bulk it stops you going full dreamer. I'd love to see his research about it changing receptors and the like (not sarcasm), would be a nice read
>>
>>35258192
what program are you using to gain strength?
>>
>>35258192
>doing HIIT before a workout

Hot damn nigga what are you doing
>>
>>35258212
I don't have motivation/energy to do cardio after weights
>>
If your diet is on point then either your routine is shit, or you're not trying hard enough in the gym and aren't adding weight/reps every time you're in there. What program are you on?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.