[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to Make Lower Legs/Calves Grow?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1324111245854.jpg (33 KB, 470x342) Image search: [Google]
1324111245854.jpg
33 KB, 470x342
The size of my quads are fine, but everything below the knee is skinny as fuck. I do Squats, Deadlifts and Calf Raises, but the size of my calves/lower legs are still skinny. Everybody I know has fucking tree stumps for legs but mine are like sticks. How can I fix this?
>>
>>35257331

In my opinion, calf and forearm size are 95% genetic.

Or maybe you could buy some injectable genetics...
>>
My calves are huge from walking on my toes a lot as a kid.
>>
hill sprints
>>
>>35257357
>In my opinion, calf and forearm size are 95% genetic.
FUCK. My dad has skinny calves too. Is there really nothing I can do?
>>
>>35257331
I have a mate with a similar problem, he has been going to the gym and training his calfs for about 3 years. While they have grown they would still be considered small. So in my experience it is mostly genetic sorry bro
>>
>>35257331
Heavy for calves.
Volume for calves.
You have to do both.
And max range of motion always.

Wouldn't say, heavy day and hypertrophy day. Rather heavy set, hyper set, heavy set hyper set etc
Shits should be on fire and cramping and all out death.
Never light. Never ever light. Just less heavy for more reps. Hell, forget less heavy, do more reps.
>>
>>35257358
That's literally a sign of autism. Look it up.

Op, it's genetic but can be fixed. Everyone saying it's just genetic clearly hasn't traveled much. In italy, they are pretty serious about staying fit and healthy, generally speaking. They all ride bikes. They spend $5,000+ on one goddamn bike, because that's how seriosu they are about this shit. That's probably how they get away with smoking all the time and not catching lung disease. Even 80 year old women ride bikes. When was the last time you saw an 80 year old on a bike in America? It's a given you will see one if you go out in Italy.

Anyway, you can tell who rides bikes and who doesn't by their calves. Exactly the calves you wish you had. Riding bikes will give you big calves, but I'm sure just consistently working out the calve (calf?) muscle will make it grow.

Calves are like jerky where as the rest of your muscles are like steak - you gotta chew them a lot to get anywhere.
>>
Calves are not genetic, people just don't know how to train them properly. Same with forearms
>>
>>35257393
This.
Also, seated calf raises are god tier but only if you do them right. 15 reps, 3 seconds up, 3 seconds down, hold in the stretched position for 10 seconds, hold in contracted position for 10 seconds. Start with 25 lbs and go up from there.
>lmao 25 lbs
Literally the biggest burn you'll ever feel. Do this EVERY DAY
>>
>>35257372
If your dad doesn't have huge calves and forearms that means he never picked you up and held you as a child. He never loved you.
>>
>>35257395
>ridding bikes makes calves bigger.

I was gonna make a thread and ask this, thanks anon for confirming.

I have pretty skinny calves, and it looks weird with my quads. I was thinking to ride a bike every day to and from the gym (about 20 mins drive) to see if it helps. And gets some cardio out of the way.

I hate calf raises, not because of the exercise itself, but give me a mad urge to take a piss.
>>
>>35257491
Im dutch and ride my bike basically everywhere but my calves arent very big 39 cm last time I measured
>>
>>35257527
39 (15 inches) isn't too bad.

If your calves are as big as your arms you should look ok.

If you've got 11 inch / 27 cm calves with like 16 in arms you'd look like johnny bravo
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.