[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i hold the bar in front squats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Kendrick-Farris-front-squat.jpg (91 KB, 555x371) Image search: [Google]
Kendrick-Farris-front-squat.jpg
91 KB, 555x371
how do i hold the bar in front squats
>>
>>35256247
see pic
>>
>>35256260
literally this
>>
I hold in as I'm going to do OHP only it's resting across the top of my chest a little. Then I squat.
>>
with your hands
>>
>>35256247
It's supposed to rest on your delts like in pic. Your hands are only for mental support. Never support the bar with your hands. Fastest way to snap city. Try putting the bar on your delts with your arms straight out to practice.
>>
>>35256284
>Never support the bar with your hands. Fastest way to snap city.

How?
>>
overhead
>>
>>35256293
Because your puny wrists can't support it.
>>
>>35256309
Fair enough. How much should I be front squatting in relation to my squat?

Presently FS about 40% less than regular squat.
>>
>>35256324

A good front squat would be around 80% of your back squat (assuming either atg or parallel on both).
>>
Either a full finger grip or at least your index, middle and ring finger. Like others have said, the weight is being supported by your trunk strength, not your hands.
>>
rest on delts and push your elbows up like pic related, dont let any of the weight on your arms = done???
>>
I always did the crossed arms thing. Is that bad?
>>
>>35256369

Its less ideal, but it doesn't really matter much unless you're planning on working with the Olympic lifts.
>>
>>35256331
>A good front squat would be around 80% of your back squat

Fuck. That would be intimidating.
>>
>>35256247
You must keep your upper body straight. The bar rests on your delts and with a perfect front squat form you don't need your hands at all
>>
>>35256247
>>35256247
three points of contact.

two of them are your left and right deltoids.

the third is your neck.

>>35256293
hundreds of pounds of weight + leverage + a tiny joint = snap your shit up.
the weight rests on your shoulders, not your wrists.
>>
>>35256369
no, but it's dumb.
>>
>>35256369
If you can do proper rack position, you should do proper rack position. Mostly this is for safety reasons. If you have to fail, it's easier to drop it onto the safety bars or the platform than if you do the crossed arms grip (California grip). It's also more stable when done correctly, because the delts are at a better angle for most people; no chance of the bar grinding on your clavicle, and elbows higher to stop the bar from rolling off.

A lot of people who can't do proper rack position can't because their wrists and/or triceps are too stiff, and should stretch. But some people who can't just have long forearms in relation to their upper arms, and only excessive wrist extension would allow them to do it.

Just make sure that either way you do it, the bar is on your front delts, and your hands are only there to keep you aware of the bar, to make sure you don't bend too far forward.
>>
>>35256247
in your mouth
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.