[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Its been 3 months since i've been to the gym. I was deadlifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: bigmanplans.jpg (390 KB, 991x1527) Image search: [Google]
bigmanplans.jpg
390 KB, 991x1527
Its been 3 months since i've been to the gym. I was deadlifting 175, benching 145, etc etc. Any advice for getting back into it?
>>
You need directions? Just drive to the fucking gym
>>
Yeah I got some advice, start doing it again
>>
>>35256181
no no. I'm going tomorrow, just I want to know like where i should start my weight at. My old routine use to be the strong lifts: AxBXAXX
A:squat,press,deadlift/powerclean
B:squat, bench, back extent, chinup/pullup

Like should i go back into that same routine or start off somewhere else to get back into the hang of it?
>>
None of this routine shit matters. Just move some weights around until you feel comfortable pushing your limits
>>
>>35256235
cool. thanks
>>
Don't bother going back. You're just going to quit again and feel bad about yourself. Just give up and do other things with your time.
>>
>>35256256
Also pay attention to your form. Make sure it's correct.
>>
>>35256208
>Like should i go back into that same routine or start off somewhere else to get back into the hang of it?

Wow.

I mean, fucking WOW.

Yeah, that's what you should do. It's been three months, but hey, just go back and do the exact same numbers. I'm sure that will work.

If, for some reason, you can't put up the same numbers, then beat your head against the wall. It, uh, releases muscle-activation hormones.
>>
>>35256170
I don't really remember that part in the comic.
>>
Do two empty bar warm ups. I believe strong lifts calls for this anyways. (with deadlifts, obviously do your normal first warm-up, one plate if you're big enough).

Add some weight, some amount you feel comfortable with; much less than a quarter of the weight you added to the bar before your break.

Do that for five.

Add some more weight, do that for five.

Continue this until your form noticeably slows down. Do that weight four more times, and that's your squats or benches or whatever. Next time do warm-ups normally and try to go up from the weight you did this time.
>>
>>35256799
why dont you go fuck yourself? get the fuck out of here
>>
>been to the gym
>deadlifting 175
>back into it

You were never in it.
>>
>>35256170
Dont listen to this retards OP their lives are probably trash and they need to vent by being autistic. Get yourself back on eating your meals wether you are bulking or cutting and don't quit. Life is too short for you to be fucking around. Lets get it done brah.
>>
>>35256170
Kilos or pounds? If it's pounds you'll probably just need one session to get back to your old maxes. Warm up and then start with something like 60% and then go up in increments of 10 to 20lbs or and see how it feel.
>>
>>35256170
/co/mmrade here. OPs pic is a comic called big man plans. It's about a dwarf tunnel rat from Vietnam who goes on a killing spree when he gets back to the states. He kills just about everyone who ever wronged him in horrible ways. A 6 part comic. It's basically required reading for manlets. Not to mention it's also pretty awesome.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.