[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've only started drinking coffee this year and, wow, I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: A_small_cup_of_coffee.jpg (392 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
A_small_cup_of_coffee.jpg
392 KB, 1600x1200
I've only started drinking coffee this year and, wow, I like it.

I've read one cup of coffee a day is 'good' for you but have also read 'If you don't drink coffee don't start'. What is the consensus really? I could easily see this becoming my drink of choice (I had ADHD so it has a funny effect on me).

What are the side effects? Premature aging? Yellow teeth? What?
>>
> If you don't drink coffee don't start

That should be "If you don't drink coffee and you have no impulse control, don't start drinking coffee"

Coffee is good for you if you have 2-3 cups in the first third of the day but if you kept sculling it down after lunch, and then can't get to sleep, it is terrible for you
>>
Coffee is gr8. I've started drinking turkish coffee for shits n gigs. I realised its way cheaper and easier to prepare. So farkn easy. Its strong af too. Go youtube it ay
>>
>>35256175
>but if you kept sculling it down after lunch, and then can't get to sleep, it is terrible for you
You see it does the opposite to me and 'calms' me down.
>>
>>35256164
Your tolerance will increase and you will have to drink more coffee and drink it more often. You will get to the point where you need coffee to feel normal and when you don't have it you will feel like utter butthole. It has never helped my lifting pursuits. It makes me stronger for the first few sets but after that my strength crashes hard. It will help you lose weight if that's something you struggle with. But by the same token it will leave you feeling depleted and weak. All in all it is potentially helpful and enjoyable but that is contingent on how you partake in it. The cost outweighs the benefit imo.
>>
>>35256164
it tastes good and might possibly help reduce the risks of certain cancer. If you don't like the caffeine content, switch to decaf. I mostly drink decaf or half-caf.
>>
>>35256184
whether you have ADHD or not coffee can not calm you down faggot
caffeine acts on the adrenal glands
it is impossible for it to calm you
the taste of it
the fact it is a warm drink
these things may be comforting to you
so you feel comfortable after drinking it
but it is not the coffee
your not special because you have ADHD
infact theres alot of speculation about ADHD and whether it actually exists
your brain is just programmed to dart about instead of focusing
>>
coffee is more addicting than marijuana
>>
>>35256164

hows it being an adult anon?

tell us
>>
>>35257497
>coffee can not calm you down
>coffee is a warm drink
>warm drinks calm you down
>how do i into logic
>>
>>35257497
shut up faggot
>>
>>35256184
>You see it does the opposite to me and 'calms' me down.
Yep. ADHD does this. You still shouldn't overdo it, because it will mess up your sleep pattern. Enjoy it before lunch, not after.
>>
Coffee is nectar of the gods. I don't keep track really, but I probably guzzle down like 8 cups throughout the day. Works great when cutting because it's a huge appetite suppressant. I also have ADHD and coffee has been a HUGE help for me mentally as well. I don't ever drink it before working out in the morning though; I find it just ends up dehydrating me and making me feel short of breath during sets.

Drink that shit up!
>>
>>35256164
Just follow the golden rule: Coffee till 3 then tea.
>>
>>35257560
>Coffee till 3 then tea.
>I don't understand caffeine
>>
>>35257568
Tea has half the caffiene coffee does and most people only steep it long enough to get a quarter of the effect.
>>
>>35257603
So two cups of tea equals one cup of coffee unless you drink watery piss. You still have to add that caffeine to your daily intake.
>>
so yall drink it with sugar or with sweeteners
>>
>>35256164
>>35256195
Baristafag here, yes you build up tolerence to it quick and then crave more and more, but what i do is treat it almost like a preworkout and take a week off from it ever 2 months or so. That helps me anyways.
>>
>>35257613
>adulterating perfectly good coffee
>>
>>35257497
Calm down nigga damn
>>
>>35257497

I get the reverse effect from caffeine, it's a thing, albeit rare.
>>
Coffee stunts your growth.
>>
>>35258424
and the growth of your penis
>>
>>35256195
Idk fampai

I work at Dunkin' Donuts so I take advantage of free coffee whenever since I live right next to it

Some days I'll push over a gram of caffeine, some days 200mg just for my morning shit.
I can drink coffee and feel asleep right after.

I've never had the issues you described.

>Your tolerance will increase and you will have to drink more coffee and drink it more often. You will get to the point where you need coffee to feel normal and when you don't have it you will feel like utter butthole.
This perfectly describes weed for me, though.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.