[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question regarding grip strength. I'll soon go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: AwesomeBackflip.gif (870 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
AwesomeBackflip.gif
870 KB, 250x375
I have a question regarding grip strength.

I'll soon go to a casting for the German version of Ninja Warrior and I want to improve my grip strenght.

Any advice on upper body excercises that also improve grip strength or specific ones?
>>
Fuck you, asshole, I waited for like half a minute expecting an awesome back flip

Figure it out yourself you big, dumb, disingenuous German bastard
>>
File: Boom_a08e57_4900358.gif (788 KB, 400x262) Image search: [Google]
Boom_a08e57_4900358.gif
788 KB, 400x262
I've already taken steps to make my pull up bar thicker and will try towel hangs.

Any more tipps?
>>
>>35251747
yeah, kill yourself for posting gifs with misleading titles
>>
File: VigouroslyClapping.gif (287 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
VigouroslyClapping.gif
287 KB, 480x360
So fit has humor, I see.
>>
>>35251659
Wrist curls, farmer's walks, anything that involves a tight grip on something heavy
>>
>>35251809
Thank you.

Any advice for a calisthenic approach?
>>
>>35251824
no
>>
>>35251659
Farmer's walks x F
Hanging from a pull up bar x F
Using monkey bars at a playground x F
Dead lift
>>
>>35251970
Thank you.

What does x F stand for? This is my first time on /fit
>>
>>35251988
until failure, i.e., until it's physically impossible for you to keep going
>>
File: ThumbsUp.gif (2 MB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
ThumbsUp.gif
2 MB, 500x493
>>35252005

Thanks
>>
>>35251659
Go to a bouldering gym and climb around.
>>
>>35251824

Yeah

dont' do it
>>
>>35251824
callisthenicsfag here
do towel pullups,your forearms will be sore as fuck
>>
>>35252116
I'll be sure to try them!
>>
nobody here has a fucking clue what they're talking about, try to find a more specific forum.
>>
File: 1442787553741.jpg (937 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1442787553741.jpg
937 KB, 2560x1600
Ok you ugly German, pig fucking dick sucker, I will give you some info on improving grip strength for calisthenics if you just promise to rename your gifs to not something so blatantly false.

First dead hangs, making a thicker grip would be good but you want to work your way up to at least 3 minutes if you want to be on ninja warrior and not make an ass of yourself. This is the most important thing

Next, pull ups, again thicker grip is better, you want to be able to do at least 20 dead hangs in a row

Another piece of advice, remove and unnecessary padding on your bar, the ledges and shit you will be clinging on to with your shit skin colored hands will not be padded and your bar shouldn't be either.

Finger push ups, you want finger strength and that is a good way to build it up, if you have hyper mobile fingers (like me) suck it up and start small, with like 5 at a time.

Depending on how soon it is you probably won't have time to do a full calisthenics work out but if you have at least 4 months I would look into do a purely calisthenics routine until then and cutting as well. You don't want extra weight and you want to prepare yourself for knowing how to move your body

Also, as stated above, go to a bouldering gym, first time I went bouldering I couldn't even squeeze my shampoo bottle without my forearms aching like a bitch

PS: Fuck you you stupid Germanic shit loving fuck stick
>>
Why are her feet backwards
>>
Fingertip pushups
Towel pullups
Rope pullups
SImply hanging from a chinup bar or hanging from a towel wrapped around
Doing lifts with things that have a large girth, like wrap something around a pullup bar so that it takes a lot of grip strength to do one pulup/chinup.
Or deadlifts.
>>
File: ironmind.jpg (95 KB, 362x291) Image search: [Google]
ironmind.jpg
95 KB, 362x291
get a grip
>>
Squeezing strength is pretty much useless for what's on the show. Get a campus board and strengthen your fingers.
>>
>>35253675
Breh, recommending training on a campus board to someone who hasn't been climbing for more than a year is just asking for tendon injuries. Also, campus is good for crimp strength, which I doubt he'll need for the show.
>>
>>35252095
this
I can do pullups with just the tips of my fingers after climbing for only 4 months
>>
>>35251824
One arm dead hangs. In addition to this do dead hangs on metolius grip. Focus on both crimp and slope grip. I go 3xf on both, but do them before your towel hangs.

If you can, buy a rope and hang it from your bar and use it for rope climbing. It will work on your grip strength and over-all climbing strength. Make sure it's super thick
>>
>>35255779
>manlets think their "accomplishments" are relevant in the face of full grown men.
>>
>>35251659
Grip more things.
Look up shit to make your forearms stronger.
>>
File: image.png (748 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
748 KB, 750x1334
Maybe a peg board?
>>
>>35255880
Something that will force him to be unstable would be good, getting used to an easy grip would be bad since he's going to compete.
>>
>>35251659
Used to wrestle d1, 50 m plate carries and fat bar n towel pull ups were best
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.