[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shoulder Width
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 4604646620_d078275296_z.jpg (57 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
4604646620_d078275296_z.jpg
57 KB, 426x640
I've never seen a thread where we determine the width of our shoulders on /fit/, so let's do it!

Hold your phone under snug under your chin, stand 5-10 feet back from a mirror, stand up tall, arms at your sides and use the video function of your phone to take a snapshot.

Divide the apparent width of your shoulders by that of your phone and multiply by the known width of your phone, which for an Iphone is around 5 inches, a bit more with a case.

This will give you a value roughly equal to your true shoulder width. It won't be perfect since the phone is slightly closer to the mirror than your widest cross section, but it will be close.
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 187x134) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 187x134
~3 feet from mirror
iPhone 5 with case is about 5.15 inches long
>>
>>35250830
Adjusting for my distance from the mirror vs the phone, multiplying by 1.08, I got 19.87 inches of shoulder width

18.4 inches if I don't adjust for the perspective (461/129*5.15)
>>
File: suit sizing.png (10 KB, 1244x318) Image search: [Google]
suit sizing.png
10 KB, 1244x318
>>35250770
Alternately you could just go off jacket size since it's based on the shoulder measurement, you mongoloid.
>>
>>35251194
That isn't the distance across the deltoids, that's just the distance across the shoulder blade.

Across the deltoids you get a few more inches.

Either way, I don't have a jacket on hand and this is something anyone with a smartphone can do, and it involves us posting our physiques
>>
Buy a fucking tailor's tape measure, they're a dollar.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 395x291) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 395x291
>>35251253
You cant hold a tape measure straight and under your chin. If you manage to, your shoulders won't be at your side anymore, so the measurement will be wrong.

Besides using a big honking caliper like pic related, perspective is one of the best ways to measure shoulders
>>
>>35251231
If you don't know your suit size then you don't qualify as a man. I'm assuming you cant tie a tie either (4 in hand/schoolboy knot does not qualify)?
>>
>>35251412
Just take the picture of yourself, faggot
do it like the first guy who posted though
>>
>>35251483
So no, you can't. You know you have to be over 18 to post on 4chan, right? I mean that would be the only vaguely acceptable reason to not be able to tie a tie and not know yoyr suit size. Otherwise your time would be far better spent applying for grown up jobs instead of asking for pictures of half naked men on a nicaraguan grass weaving forum.
>>
>>35250770
Or you could stand against a wall and mark the outsides of your shoulders with a pencil, you know, if you felt like not being a retard.
>>
>>35252324
Or you could contribute to the thread? Fucking hell, this board makes a big deal about height, dick size, SAT score, but we won't post our fucking shoulder width?

What's going on here...
>>
No one cares about SAT aside from underage b&s
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.