[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup fit. For the past few years, I've noticed a pattern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: EOKFJ.png (397 KB, 438x498) Image search: [Google]
EOKFJ.png
397 KB, 438x498
Sup fit.

For the past few years, I've noticed a pattern in my feelings.

One week I feel on top of the world, I feel like I can do everything, feel happy, listen to happy music, flirt successfully with girls, enjoy every moment of my life, feel popular and fulfilled.

This usually lasts a week.

After that comes the dark week. I feel self-conscious, out of place, like I don't belong anywhere. I feel like people judge me and dislike my presence, I still flirt with girls but act more needy and so become unattractive. I question what's the point in living the life, listen to sad songs (Johnny Cash - Hurt being my favorite) and have suicidal thoughts. I feel like nobody will ever love me and I feel like an outcast/loner.

Right now I'm in this mood and it will probably last for another week or few days and after that the cycle will repeat.

Why the fuck does this happen to me? Are those just mood swings because of tfw no gf or am I bipolar?

Also, feels general.
>>
Sounds like you're bipolar bro
>>
>>35249729

my father is psychiatrist but we aren't close and we don't talk about things like this. he is not understanding and will say that i should stop being stupid. there is no way that i will go to psychiatrist because it would fuck up his career, because the word goes around eventually.
>>
>>35249729

also, if my crush shows interest in me/flirts with me during this "sad phase" i feel much better, happier.
>>
I have this same shit, except the bad times are usually triggered by something seemingly stupid. For instance, one time I got a bad grade on a test and by the end of the day I was thinking about how my mom died and other completely unrelated but depressing stuff. Once I start on the path I can't stop. Eventually I will come out of it and be fine, usually for weeks or even months if I have plenty of non-negative distractions. But I know something will happen and I will spiral and feel like shit for a week or two. Additionally, I'll end up being mad that I'm upset, and I just keep feeding it and spiraling down.
I talked to a counselor and she gave me some good advice. I think the most important thing is to recognize the reason why I am upset in the first place and to realize that my brain is introducing other negative thoughts into my mind just to bring me down. I still feel depressed for a week or so, but it has helped me to not spiral down so deep. Idk if this helps, but it sounds like you have something similar to me, as far as mood swings over time that you can't control and don't understand.

My mom was bi-polar though, so i'm sure I have it too.
>>
>>35249774
First, if that's your dad's advice, he's a shitty psychiatrist. Second, psychiatrists, by law, are not allowed to discuss who their patients are and what they say, except under extreme circumstances. Third, NO ONE would fault you for not using your dad as a psychiatrist. In fact, I would bet most professionals would think having your dad as a psychiatrist is an awful idea.
>>
>>35249897

I think I'm similar way to be honest bro. One thing that fucks me up and I start thinking about it more and more and start thinking about all bad sides of my life in general and it fucks me up. The sad music doesn't help too.
>>
>>35249946

My dad is psychopath/sociopath. He doesn't feel for the people, doesn't have empathy. He even told so himself. He doesn't even listen to his patients. He doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself. And trust me, doctors aren't that professional or nurses, if i go - it will get around sooner or later.
>>
>>35249951

It doesn't help that I'm 19 y/o and virgin too. I'm sure everyone that knows me wouldn't even think that I am, girls even think that I'm player - hooked up with a lot of girls. I'm not experienced tho and it's fucking awful to think that people think and are sure of one way, while I'm the other way.
>>
>>35249691
dude, that's completely normal. if you don't shy away from some form of "spirituality" we could talk for few min, but if you do mind "spiritual shit" then just place some label on it and live with it for the rest of yer life
>>
>>35250346

i don't mind spirituality
>>
File: 1449777770294.jpg (44 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
1449777770294.jpg
44 KB, 500x497
This hit me hard...

I've been struggeling with the same shit like you the past year. And I still do.

Right now I feel like nothing can stop me, but I know that I will soon be dragged down to hell again.... Clouded mind, devil on the back, always sleepy/tired, numb face.

Please help....
>>
>>35250355
aight annon it will take me few minutes to type it all
>>
OP if you wanna kill yourself why not just start doing huge amounts of roids. At least you'll die swole.
>>
>>35250383

i'm don't want to kill myself all the time.. but yeah, i've been considering doing roids when i'm older. dont want to fuck up my brain & chemicals while i'm still young.
>>
>>35250346

ok so if you browse fit and look at your body as some sort of mold you can shape, try to percieve your brain as some sort of independent muscle as well, but instead of doing physical he does mental work.

you do't really get to regulate how you walk unless you actively focus on it. if you think about other shit, you simply walk.
doesn't mean you walk badly right? but if you want to correct that bad walking you gotta focus.

same thing happens with your brain. he works good enough on his own, good enough to function, but not good enough to be pleased about it all the time. you gotta train it and focus on what he's doing most of the time.

let me know if you follow this far and ill continue.
>>
File: 1450099492748.png (332 KB, 400x595) Image search: [Google]
1450099492748.png
332 KB, 400x595
You know, OP, when I read your original post, I thought "this is reasonable". Then I started reading your replies and realized that you're genuinely brain damaged. Go to a fucking psychiatrist you idiot.
>hurr durr my dads a sociopathic psychiatrist so my phenotype is identical to his meme
You're clearly bipolar; I am as well and this is identical to my experience. Also if you think women have anything to do with it, you're delusional.
>>
>>35250444

thanks, continue :)

>>35250459

i don't know man, i'm not sure that women have anything to do with it but they may, i'm just throwing what i noticed.

i always go after girls that are either taken or not interested in me. i could probably fuck tens of girls before but they're either not that attractive (they're not bad looking just not hot) or i feel like they're below me in some way and that throws me off.

i'm fucking mess.
>>
>>35249983
Fuck him and go to a doctor. Either psychologist or psychiatrist.
Though if it's something physical you should prolly go to a psychiatrist.
You're old enough to not depend on him. And Fuck him for not helping people out of a need to do so. Triggered
>>
men have a monthly hormone cycle just like women, only typically not as pronounced. it's just not talked about as much because there are no physical symptoms like there are with women and periods.

what you're feeling is completely unremarkable, and you need to get over yourself you utter child
>>
>>35250527

maybe that's true, that's why i started this thread in the first place. those cycles are just something i've noticed and it has been going for a few years, it started with big period of depression in my freshman year in hs where i've been depressed everyday for 6 months.
>>
>>35250444
cont

ok so, bad posture or shit like that comes from continual bad handling or unfocus on your body / posture / way you handle yourself during the day.

same shit happens with your brain. small things you don't even remember doing condition your brain daily.
you can't honestly say you recall all your thoughts during the day, there are so many of them. and they cycle. the more they cycle the more they imprint on you.
so people usually have ups and downs and tons of middles, but fuck middles because they aren't worth your brain's time. he doesn't have time for that.
like you dont have time for correcting your posture.

are you even sitting with your straight back now? didn't think so. sit up straight.
i bet you 200$ you will not ve sitting straight in 5 min..

following? it gets interesting now...
>>
>>35249691
This my fucking life, only started till after I starting lift
>>
>>35250485
I got into a relationship with a 9/10 who was my best friend for years. It was great for three months, and then it all came back to the way it was again. Then after a breakup you genuinely go crazy. You're not missing anything. Enjoy your life while you're young instead of chasing walking flashlights around. You don't care about having a girlfriend, you're putting your self worth into what the opposite gender thinks of you.
>>
>>35249691
What does this have to do with physical fitness?
>>
>>35250553

just continue man

>>35250565

i feel you brah, i know that's how i should think but it's really hard to do so. after all our main reason (biologicaly) to live is to reproduce. i want to lose my virginity with girls that are either taken or not interested in me, i ignore girls that like me, because i don't like them. i'm just making everything harder for myself. fml.
>>
>>35250591

nothing, i don't know where to post it anywhere else, because i only browse fit on 4chan and i think that guys here can feel me.
>>
>>35250549
again, completely typical, especially during puberty. there isn't anything special about how you're feeling, it's just a part of growing up
>>
>>35250632

i hope you're right mate
>>
>>35249691
I have the same feelings OP. Just go to a doctor.
>>
>>35250614
Don't drop your standards for anyone. Also go to (at minimum) a doctor. Get prescribed SSRI's at the very least.
>inb4 "you shouldn't have rely on pills"
you have a choice of being content, or being miserable with your life.
>>
>>35250553

so that uncontroled piece of muscle plays a fucking major role but you let him go unfocused most of the time. so he does his best. chases pleasures, runs from shit and ignores the middle.
(thats why when you get into something you start to notice more of otjer people doing the same thing etc)

and he does it like a little bitch. thats why things cycle because he focuses on things and ideas that either bring you comfort or shelter you from shit.

those are not your ideas. your dreams, your fears. they are his. those victories don't taste as good because they are his as well.

when you start paying attention to what he thinks and does you will realise that you two don't see eye to eye on everything and that is when you can change (straighten your back again, your posture sucks) how he acts.

to do that, to workout your brain you can do various shit. but thats not the main point the main point is to detach a bit from the states you are in knowing they are not result of your self but result of letting your brain run amok. (hows that back?)
>>
>>35250741

thanks for your input man :) will try this stuff
>>
>>35249983
Is your dad Hannibal Lecter ?
>>
>>35250768

haha no, but similar
>>
>>35249691
I'm exactly the same OP

Right now I'm on a low. It's taking me all of my willpower to speak to people normally or just not eat shit food. This could last anywhere from a couple days to a couple months. I think I've gone beyond depression. I'm just numb to life now.

I'll have a high soon but it won't last half as long as the low that follows it. Not sure what to do about it. Don't see the point in seeing anyone about it, I won't take any drugs.
>>
>>35250762
you already noticed the cycles. most people dont.
i found out about mine when i noticed i cycle rap songs every month and a half.
pure rock and shit and the for few days just rap. got me thinking, noticed im different during those days too. started paying more attention to that shit.
rwlized many people dont. they just accept it and then cycles blend and extend. 4 cycles become one. that one adds two new ones, after school you get a job, family, hobbies, cycling, just cycling. longer they are apart more unrecogniseable they are.
fuck that shit.

but seriously, posture
if he's on your side once you decide you want to sit up straight you should be able to do so.
nuh uh.
if life was that easy it would suck.
>>
>>35250811

i know that feel bro, it's interesting to see that many people feel this way

>>35250817

again, thanks, will follow your advice
>>
>>35250741
Nice, I too want to hear more on this.. I can totally relate.
>>
>>35250811
Man, I was just like you. I'm on ssri's now, and it feels great to be able to feel human emotions again. Why wouldn't you take something that can increase your quality of life manyfold? Do you have any specific concerns about meds?
>>
>>35249691
>she didnt like me
>not gonna make honors meaning I'll probably lose my scholarship
>saw my old best friend over the weekend and it went terrible

At least I'm still dropping weight, r-right ;_;
>>
>>35249774

My dad is also a psychiatrist, but my last name is Johnson so whatev
>>
>>35250001

Being 19 and a virgin is fine. Being 29 and a virgin isn't so bad either. You'll feel better about it when you're older.
>>
What help my manic depression was taking 20 mins a day and simply not thinking about anything, it seriously help me out because my problem is that I'm obsessive over stupid things.Stop caring about what other people think about you and start caring about accepting yourself.
>>
>>35249691
Doesn't sound like full blown Bipolar but definitely on track with depression.

If you do the one week this, next week that, I would probably ask you if there is anything that could have triggered the mood swing.

I typically get depressed 2-3 weeks before exams despite feeling no anxiety or depressive thoughts. This has been consistant since going to uni, though I have been dealing with depression since I was 13. From my experience, it's certain things that cause me to swing, I'm just thinking you should think to see if you are also having this type of swing before claiming bipolar.

Just remember, the depression roller coaster is just that. You get ups and you get do-... lows and then you get off, the rollercoaster, for good. You just have to acknowledge the lows and start your way to a high. Without weed/alcohol/hard drugs that is.
>>
>>35249691
"Till the break of dawn, 'til the crumble of dust. Stay humble, put trust in the driver of this shuttle bus."
Atmosphere - Get Depressed
>>
>>35249897
This to a T.

All about acknowledging it and putting yourself on the upward march again. It's one of life's Mario party Minigames.
>>
>>35249774
That's literally retarded. Your father wouldn't be allowed to diagnose you since he is your family member. The last person that should be against psychiatry is a psychiatrist.

While you're there you might as well get diagnosed for your obvious autism
>>
>>35254070
>but damn, this one likes me
>I may not get honours but at least I know more now than I did before. I could probably still take this info into my next area of work
>damn I probably didn't interact with said friend but I probably forgot the great time I had with my other friends that same night. Who knows, tomorrow I'll meet a new friend for life.

"I am, that, I am", OP
>>
There's a guy named Anthony Metivier with a podcast about memory skills who has been diagnosed bipolar for years. There's an episode or two among the early episodes where he tells the story of getting his phd, and explains how he built his whole work/study strategy around going with the flow of his inevitable cycles, instead of counting on himself to just make the next up-swing last forever.

Was thought-provoking to listen to.
>>
>>35254849
There was also a guy who developed schizophrenia in his early life but understood it enough to ignore/make use of it when he became a psychologist. If you understand an illness you can always fid ways to prevent or cure it.
>>
>>35249691

It could be a case of bipolar 2. I have a bipolar 1 diagnosis and have had manic episodes in the past but looking back I had similar cycles in my past that lasted months instead of weeks.

Those feelings seem normal to me however if they are truly bothering you the go see a psychiatrist, who cares what your dad might think and whether or not he'll find out.

Mental health Is just as important as physical health bro.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.