[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I'm fat and need to do some heavy cutting but also care
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
If I'm fat and need to do some heavy cutting but also care about strength enough not to just go auschwitz mode fast cut, is something like Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Shred a decent starting point for a routine?

I'm already at the gym 3-4 nights a week but suffer from severe fuckarounditis and would like a reliable, extreme-cut-friendly routine to stick to.

most people rec the usual 5x5s but if I'm needing to drop a lot of bf first shouldn't I be going higher reps and really exhausting myself??
>>
>>35246479

>I'm fat
>Shortcut

i have some bad news for you fatty. There are no shortcuts.
>>
>>35246494
its a dumb name i know.

probably worth mentioning ive gained and lost 30+kg in both directions already in the past so im pretty familiar with what is and isnt possible and that there are 'no shortcuts'etc.

Just want to fuck around less this time
>>
Sounds like you need a gym bro, that way you both motivate each other
>>
>>35246527
i go at like 3am usually and its just me and this one ripped black guy who just locks eyes with me in the mirror all night, does that mean we're bros?
>>
>>35246503

just be patient. It takes time dude.

Be consistent, keep an eye on your diet and results will follow.

You could try creatine but water retention might be a problem for you idk.

Other than that there are no magic tricks.
>>
>>35246544
It means you're future lovers. I'd like for one of these faggots to answer your questions rather than say "no shortcuts". You have a couple of legit questions and I don't know the answer or I'd tell you.
>>
File: 1449267749063.webm (710 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1449267749063.webm
710 KB, 480x480
>>35246577

he says hes slacking. Theres no legit question in this thread. He could also just read the sticky.

Its just a mental problem cause it takes long and hes still fat even though he tries. All he needs his some reassurance and motivation.

Christmas is around and people start to reflect on the year and get emotional and shit.
>>
>>35246592
>a reliable, extreme-cut-friendly routine to stick to.
>most people rec the usual 5x5s but if I'm needing to drop a lot of bf first shouldn't I be going higher reps and really exhausting myself??

I basically just want to know this right here.
>>
>>35246577
Good I'll let him know im ready tonight.

And yeah idk, I'd like some advice but it's a bit of a vague question I suppose.

perhaps it's worth mentioning i'm on a ~500 cal deficit. Am I already well beyond strength-maintenance territory at that point? Perhaps my ultimate question is do I just throw strength and muscle maintenance out the window and just go balls to the wall calorie cutting? cos I look pretty gross atm
>>
>>35246592
this might be all I needed to hear desu.

i'll echo the bit about having had success with weightloss in the past. I've spent most of my life pretty fit but got fat doing my masters, and coming back into getting back in shape I'm just looking to optimise a little better. If I just keep steadily doing what I'm doing, the scales are still moving so that's fine. I'm just unsure as to whether there's a better logic i could be adopting.
>>
>>35246479
>most people rec the usual 5x5s but if I'm needing to drop a lot of bf first shouldn't I be going higher reps and really exhausting myself??
>>35246605

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

high volume is going to fuck you.

your recuperation is going to be shit, because you are lifting on a deficit.
you don't want to add to that by doing high volume training, or training to failure.

much better to train more frequently for this sort of thing.

as far as recommendations, i like greg o'gallagher reverse-pyramid training for low volume workouts.

basically just do worksets of 4-6-8 reps (basically going to 1 rep before failure, if you find yourself able to do 6 or more reps on the 4 set, or 8 or more reps on the 6 set, or 10 or more reps on the 8 set, increase the weight, but only for that set) for your first two main lifts of the day, then two worksets of 6 and 8 for most of your accessories.

the finishing accessorie (facepull/rear delt fly/side lateral raise/ whatever the fuck) he has you do 1x15, and then 4x4-6 with 30 second rest, using the same weight you did 1x15 with.

so for example, on an upper body day, it might be
OHP 4-6-8
Chin-up 4-6-8
Dip/Bench 6-8
Snatch pull 6-8
Side Lateral Raise 12-15 rep, followed by 4x4-6 30 rest pause
>>
>>35246691
Thanks man.
>>
>>35246592
>Theres no legit question in this thread
whether high volume is useful on a deficit is a legit question to my mind...

>>35246634
>I'm just unsure as to whether there's a better logic i could be adopting.
literally intermittent fasting.

if you feast big enough, you are in an anabolic state for part of the day, which drastically helps with recuperation and strength gains.

also it makes weight loss way easier
>>
>>35246711
de nada, mang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6zceIyem9Q
>>
Need a shortcut?

>DNP
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.