[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pectus Excavatum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 426x382) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 426x382
Anyone here have pectus excavatum and work out their chest? Does working out make it less noticeable or not noticeable at all?

>Pics would be appreciated
>>
File: Definitely_on_the_spectrum.png (81 KB, 198x390) Image search: [Google]
Definitely_on_the_spectrum.png
81 KB, 198x390
>>35242615
I have it.
Grew some chest hair that hides the center of my chest pretty well, while the rest of my pecs look pretty good protruding through my clothes (i don't even have a big chest).
The main concern is the flared ribs that also poke out. Hopefully that'll come less apparent as I continue my stomach vacuums and working out. Pic related is me and my pokey ribs.

You should work out regardless of anything. It's always a good decision bro.
>>
>>35242615
It probably made mine more defined, but at the same time, I have some decent muscle mass, so working out was definitely an overall improvement.
>>
Yes. Mine's fairly noticeable, but I have decent pectoral development regardless. Well, semi-decent. Flared ribs suuuuck though.
>>
same issue. I think it gets a bit more noticeable, but until now it only looked better. But I don't want it to look like boobies, so I also don't know how much more I should train it...
>>
What are some good exercises to help ameliorate a shitty dented-in chest?
>>
I have this shit, only started working out recently though so cant really say. I do a lot of chest and so far its looking alright.
>>
I have PE, while theres no way of getting rid of it without surgery, putting in mass will make you look better, i noticed that people Who have it are often skellies
>>
>>35245331
i know this doesnt rly help but see a physio if you can. went when i was like 15 and they gave me a few exercises to do but i think they were mainly focused on the flared ribs.
>>
>>35245797
Pectus excavatum is caused by insufficient back musculature during teenage years, so it would make sense that skellies would have it.
>>
File: 1434995646283.png (310 KB, 580x282) Image search: [Google]
1434995646283.png
310 KB, 580x282
My friend had PE and would eat cereal out of it
>>
File: WP_20151001_044.jpg (138 KB, 808x421) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151001_044.jpg
138 KB, 808x421
I have a mild one, but i think i have done a pretty good progress over time. Bench 5x120kg atm.
>>
>>35245928
at least from this angle, it looks pretty normal brah.
same with my PE. I also have a minor chest gap like yours btw.

requesting pic from the side where you can see the hole better, I'm curious
>>
>>35245928

I have PE and this is very inspiring. I'd be happy as a clam with that body. Good work anon, I'm gonna go workout my chest.
>>
>>35245821
That explains my PE. I used to think it was genetic or something.
>>
>>35249483
It very much can be.
I've had mine since birth, most semi-severe cases like in OPs pic are something you're born with.
No teenage skeleton would deform that much simply from bad posture. That's BS.
>>
>>35249660
I thought it was Americans who got shot when they were young.
>>
>>35242615
anyone have problems with pectus carinatum, I have a mild case of it but I'm starting to do chest a lot and want to know if it will improve?
>>
Have it. Chest gains helped. Better posture helped more than anything.

The thing is, when I started doing yoga, it straightened out a bit. Now, no one notices it unless I tell them about it and they actively look for it. It still kills me, and I see it as glaringly obvious, but I've never had anyone notice.

It also looks way worse in pictures than IRL. Unless you have it so severe like that one pic on the wiki, you really shouldn't worry too much about it. do yoga and cardio, it helps, but surgery is the only way to eliminate it.
>>
>>35245821

but that's fucking wrong.

PE might cause bad posture (trying to hide it, as I use to). But posture does not cause PE. PE is completely genetic.
>>
I have PE, but I'm far from even considering to work out, though I do plan to do eventually. Currently I'm trying to work on my posture. Anyways, I read somewhere online that it's totally possible to fix it through breathing and chest exercises. I haven't come across anything like that besides that one source though, so I'm guessing it's not very credible. It seems to be able to work for mild cases, which as much as I hate to say it, doesn't include me.
>tfw you want a life without breathing problems but too scared to stick a giant metal bar in your chest
I can already imagine the tediousness of travelling back and forth through the airport.
>>
File: CVQw3s7WoAAJeul.jpg (50 KB, 599x792) Image search: [Google]
CVQw3s7WoAAJeul.jpg
50 KB, 599x792
Excuse me for derailng a bit but I have pectus carinatum.
it doesnt look bad anymore.
I can barely notice it with the shirt off now that i have decent pecs.

my pectur carinatum is the reason i work hard as fuck my chest.

Btw, Timbahwold also has pectus carinatum
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.