[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Functional Patterns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 27
File: image.png (687 KB, 914x547) Image search: [Google]
image.png
687 KB, 914x547
>2015
>still using a gym

Tired of the same old workout? Why not try a caveman club routine?

http://youtu.be/At1HL14O784

This is not CrossFit. This is Functional Patterns
>>
Naudi here

>pls respond
>>
>>35242578
I was waiting for 5 minutes hoping to see a dinosaur come in out of nowhere and charge his manlet ass. Disappointing.
>>
reported for shilling
>>
>>35242903
Holy shit. What is the height obsession about on this board? Cant everyone be functionally strong and aesthetic without having to meet a minimum length requirement? Grow up
>>
>>35242578
Please get out of here you retard. Last time you came in here posting your stupid bullshit everyone told you to get the fuck out, so why did you come back?
>>
>>35242578
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIweO9f23A
shits fucking useless, but it looks fun
>>
>>35242578
>i better train so i can swing a club around behind a green screen
>>
>>35242578
>this shitty crossfit-tier fuck-your-joints-up shill
get the fuck out of here.

go back to your land of broscience and conflating workouts for training.

saged and reported
>>
>>35242925
>functionally strong

Why are you so retarded? Also, the only reason you look like you have any muscle mass at all is because you are a manlet.

Your stupid horse shit workout does not work, moron. Go away.

Also, you should read the sticky.
>>
Haha holy fuck is this a joke?
>not crossfit
k bro
>>
>>35242948
>>35242967
>>35242972
>>35242975
All this resentment towards new styles of training only serve to strengthen my resolve in the fact that I know im on to something. Its very easy for all of you to pick me apart based on the movements, but what youre not seeing are the muscles being worked, in new and functional ways. You have to get out of your "the way I do it is the best way" mindset
>>
>>35242965
>shits fucking useless
No. Come train with me and well try that question again after 10 minutes in, if you make it that far.

>but it looks fun
It actually is. The movements are explosive and high energy
>>
>>35243042
Okay then retard.

1. What is the physiolgical difference between a functional and non-functional movement?

2. If you are onto something why do the best athletes in the world not use your stupid ass methods to train?

3. After 1000's of years of human physical training why are you the first to come up with this?

4. Why is your physique so ridiculously average if this training style works?

The truth is, there are tried and true, well tested, well researched training methods that work exceptionally well and haven't appreciably changed for over 40 years. The problem with them, to scum suckers like you, is that you can't make a quick buck on them.

Take your fad bullshit and leave.
>>
>>35243042
>new styles
new styles are fine, as long as they aren't detrimental to your joints and absolutely fucktarded

you can do plyo and fullbody training in a much less retarded manner.
>>
>>35242578
To some degree it's true, and that strap shit in the OP probably would do most here some good (tho there are way simpler and cheaper alternatives).

Club training comes and goes and changes every so often too. I wouldn't do it on its own but it does hit some bits that lifting a barbell misses. So I would say for anyone here it's at least good prehab. You can make your own fairly easily and cheaply too, some bodybuilding.com members have posted about it over the years.

If you are going to do it tho use one of the victorian routines for lighter clubs or pick up Circular Strength Training
>>
>>35243042
>"the way I do it is the best way"
More like
>"the way I do it is the proven, no-bullshit, less prone to injuries, non-shilling, most efficient way"
>>
>>35243079
the american college of sports medicine doesn't know shit, mang.
muh functional exercise.
>>
>>35242578
>guy has shilled before, and openly admitted to shilling
>mods leave his thread up
MOOT COME BACK TO US!
WE NEED YOU NOW MORE THAN EVER!!
nah just kidding, mods were always faggots, and asiamoot is based.
>>
>>35242578
milimeters are the difference between a guy that pulls girls well biomechanically, or a fucking manlet that needs to learn
>>
>>35243079
A functional movement is not foreign to your body. All the neuromuscular adaptations are already in place.

More athletes are coming to me as word has begun to spread. This last year, I had the pleasure of working with Michelle Sheptak, a womens long drive professional golfer.

Im not the first to come up with this. This is simply my iteration of what I deem the best facets of fitness.

I am a lifetime natural and proud of it. I honestly dont believe I can pack much more muscle on my frame.

Im sorry you feel that way. I only want to improve peoples lives
>>
>>35242578

Fuck off with this bullshit, shill.
>>
can you please get a trip so i know to instantly sage ur fucking threads without reading them? thanks shill-let
>>
>>35242925
Bro, im a 5'10 prince of the manlets. If thats all it takes to rustle you than you should just quit. Learn to take it. Btw you look like a marionette manlet in your instagram post
>>
>>35243066
Being out of breath doesn't make it useful unless your training is aiming for that.
>>
>>35243042
>You have to get out of your "the way I do it is the best way" mindset

But that's YOUR mindset. Looking at your body/results anyone can see your methods are not good. Your mindset is prohibiting you to see the superiority of weight lifting.
>>
>>35243210
Posts a fitness routine for people looking to try something new on a fitness board
>shill

Yeah ok buddy. Youre real fun at parties arent you?
>>
>>35243384
Aerobic capacity is the cornerstone of fitness. If you cant keep up, you cant train, no matter what style
>>
>>35243079
based
>>
>>35242578
the most efficient way to not make gains and look like a retard while doing it 10/10
>>
Everytime I hear the word functional I think of this shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1GlBEoXYEk

It's just a meaningless buzzword at this point. If you want functional strength and your squat isn't at least 405lbs/180kg, getting it there should be priority number 1.
>>
>>35243198
>A functional movement is not foreign to your body...
The first sentence is meaningless. What does it mean for a movement to be "foreign to your body". Gibberish. The second sentence is moronic. If all the adaptations are already in place, why are you training? What would be the point if the muscles were already adapted?

>Michelle Sheptak
A barely known golfer and a marketing professional. She doesn't even have a wikipedia page. She is probably as stupid as you.

>I'm not the first to come up with this
Yeah, you're right, there have been many idiots before you

>I am a lifetime natural and proud of it
Dude you are no where fucking NEAR the natural limit. You are a short dude and could easily pack on way, way, WAY more mass. Try, idk, actually training. You might find out it works better retard.

>I only want to improve people's lives
Then why don't you do some actual research into what actually works and start teaching that? You are actively making people's lives worse by spreading misinformation about fitness that is hurting people and costing them their health and beauty. You are cancer. You are worthless. You are a piece of human garbage and you are everything wrong with the fitness industry. GO AWAY.
>>
>>35243393
"grow grow grow"
>>
>>35243412
What does that mean? WHY is it the cornerstone? Why not muscular capacity? Is it because you are just saying meaningless buzzwords? If you want to be strong train muscles, if you want to run distance train distance, if you want to sprint train sprints, etc. Fuck off with this "this is the cornerstone".

I bet you can't even give a definition of the word "training".

>>35243393
Just because it is new, fun, interesting, whatever, doesn't make it GOOD. It is an absolute SHIT routine that produces shit results. I mean look at you! I know a guy who has been training less than a year without steroids and looks WAY better. Your routine is worthless.
>>
Holy shit, this looks like those pajeeb exercises from the literal shit hole of india. Anyone got those videos on hand?
>>
File: ido-portal[1].jpg (16 KB, 584x312) Image search: [Google]
ido-portal[1].jpg
16 KB, 584x312
>>35242578
Who's more pretentious: this guy or Ido Portal?
>>
>>35243620
>>35243455
This one?
>>
>>35243705
>>35243620
Aww yisss. Found it. Same exact shit. Hahahaha I cant believe it, cross training is worse than pajeets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-OQk_DHEjQ
>>
>>35243479
>you are actively making peoples lives worse

Tell that to Christa

http://youtu.be/pFnKslFQQ9A
>>
>>35243753

That's not so bad, Indian clubs have been around since forever.

Not like it's a video advertising them as some amazing, cutting edge new way to train, it's just a video of some poor people doing exercise.
>>
>>35243829
POO
>>
>>35242925
> 5'10
You should change your name to Bilbo.
6'0 is the king of manlets
>>
>>35243684
But McGregor trains with Ido people.

But yeah, without a doubt Ido takes the first place.
>>
File: 1351817002521.png (153 KB, 400x325) Image search: [Google]
1351817002521.png
153 KB, 400x325
>Functional Patterns

does this include your functional male pattern baldness? Is that a function of your low test? how about your abysmal size in comparison to your frame? Are you going to tell us about functional diet next? should i be eating while doing front flips because the "natural stomach function is in a forward flipping motion".

Great im glad you enjoy your "workout". Dont try and claim you have some ground breaking new thing that will make me a better OLY lifter. If i want to be a better OLY lifter ill do OLY lifts. If i want to run faster ill GO FOR A RUN. If i want to throw myself around a gym and call it functional ill buy your late night infomercial program and call it Crossfit lite.
>>
File: 202184.jpg (14 KB, 231x320) Image search: [Google]
202184.jpg
14 KB, 231x320
>>35242925
>grow up
>if you had grown up you would't be a butthurt manlet

kek
>>
>>35242972
>joint destroying
Did you even watch it? Shit is pretty low impact bro. More likely to fuck your joints up with heavy lifting (you know, do to the sizable training effect)

>>35243042
Nothing new about it. In fact club swinging is perhaps the oldest form of strength training
>>
DO THE CAVE MAN WORKOUT AND STAY ON THE CAVEMAN DIET, THEN BASH A WOMAN OVER THE HEAD AND RAPE HER AND TELL THE POLICE YOU WERE JUST DATING CAVEMAN STYLE!!!!!!!

CAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN! AND ONLY EVER LISTEN TO MUSIC WRITTEN BY NICK CAVE! AND LIVE IN A CAVE! AND WATCH THE CAVE 2005 EVERY SINGLE NIGHT BEFORE BED!
>>
>>35243768
Yes, wow, someone totally untrained gets benefit from doing exercise. I'm so surprised.

No one said your shit doesn't do ANYTHING. If you take someone who can barely move and start getting them to move they will benefit.

But compared to real training, your methods are dangerous, inefficient, and incorrect.

Also, I like how you didn't respond to anything else. Starting to realize you are wrong?
>>
File: image.jpg (451 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
451 KB, 1508x1493
>>35243995
>>
>>35244025
I don't own a Reddit account, i've been a 4chan poster since 2009, i've gained 10kilos on /v/, lost 10kilos of /fit/, and gained 8kilos on /fit/ again on this site
>>
>>35243967
>more likely to to fuck up your joints with heavy lifting

Hey look, decades of research shows that you are DEAD WRONG:

http://www.muscleforlife.com/weightlifting-joint-problems/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3606891/
https://www.unm.edu/~lkravitz/Article%20folder/arthritis.html
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-10864601

Those are all from the first page of ONE google search. You are WRONG. Everything you think about training is WRONG. Stop posting here expecting people to put up with your bullshit when you are so clearly WRONG.
>>
File: 1379242694179.jpg (17 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
1379242694179.jpg
17 KB, 265x265
>>35242925
>grow up

You first.
>>
>>35244036
sure you did, and fucked your mom 9 times yesterday
>>
>>35244036
6 years, and you still need to lurk more
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 433x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 433x480
>>35244063
>WRONG WRONG WRONG

Why are you getting so defensive? Compensating much?
>>
>>35244085
My mum is in hospital, she has cyststic ovaries that are being removed, it's a very dangerous surgery.
>>
>>35244103
>"statement"
>"disproves statement"
>"wow what's wrong overcompensating?"
>>
>>35244036
So Is /v/ confirmed bretty gud for bulking? I dont want to be a skinny bastard forever
>>
>>35244110
bring her some flowers for christmas bro
>>
Naudi pls. Seriously I dont know why you waste your time on this shithole. I appreciate you trying a different approach but your methodology will never be well recieved here. You are also an manlet which makes you an easy target for neckbearded neets.
>>
>>35244103
>Anon says workout looks like it would damage joints
>Other anon objects, says heavy lifting ruins joints
>First anon responds, cites multiple studies refuting the claim
>Lol wow Y u sO defensive??? compensating much ;^)

Please please kill yourself.
>>
>>35244063
Are you retarded? I'm not OP or was defending him. Dude, if you've been in a weight room for long enough, you've seen injuries. Notice how I said that lifting weights gives an actual training effect. Hence, I was saying it was useful.

Again, how the fuck are you going to hurt yourself doing what that guy is doing in the fucking video? You aren't, there is no way.

I wasn't talking about some 90 year old lifting 5 lb weights (basically what this guy is doing in his video). I was talking about actual training.
>>
File: red dick.jpg (90 KB, 619x699) Image search: [Google]
red dick.jpg
90 KB, 619x699
>>35244115
yeah, totally, look at me! this is me after a few years on /v/, before /v/ i was a very fit person, lots of cardio, martial arts ect. then 4chan happened to me at university... and i ate like shit for years and never worked out because i had panic attacks
>>
File: image.png (35 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35 KB, 150x150
In a way Naudi might actually posess the autism to be the true king of /fit/. Here me out: he is the epitome of r9k with a little muscle thrown in. Plus hes a manlet. Him doing his routine is almost like a guys first day in a gym(with all the bullshit made up excercises) done amazingly. Hes effectively conquered functional autism. He does what every gym noob only dreams of doing

>mfw
>>
>>35244154
You do realize that people get injured more often doing the kind of workout he supports vs lifting weights, right anon?

Of course you can get injured lifting weights. But its a lot less likely than getting injured doing poorly researched "functional" movements.
>>
>>35244273
Most weight lifting injuries are by doing the movements wrong as well. I've had a few major injuries, and only one was not by lifting wrong.
>>
>>35243198
Are these exercises will activate my morning almonds?
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 225x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 225x314
>>35242578
F U N T C I O N A L
>>
>>35242925
Hahaha grow up. Did you miss it? You're telling a bunch of faggots on an Aryan National Zionist Chessboard Collectors Forum to grow up. Take your functional fitness and fuck off Naudi, no one gives a flying poo-poo
>>
>>35243042
fucking leave you DYEL faggot
>>
>>35242578
>2015
>tying up one of your legs
>not tying them both up and forcing Spiderman to choose

Like you know shit about functional, you pussy.
>>
>>35244525
Ill functionally knock you the fuck out m8
>>
>>35242578
these make some pretty silly gifs desu
>>
This shit is so dumb. You can squat and dead-lift into your late ages without experiences joint or spinal issues. I know someone who DLs 600lbs on a weekly basis and he's in his fucking sixties.

Also, you need to quit selling yourself as an MMA coach just because you own a gym. You don't understand how absolutely fucking absurd you look to real professionals, as someone who tries to sell advice with no professional, semi-professional, or amateur fight record/representation.

I'm also pretty sure someone who can clean at least their body-weights gets as much, if not more, muscle activation from their movements as whatever type of exercises you're pushing.
>>
>>35244584
It needs the big flashing words "what the fuck am I doing"
>>
>>35244706
You do realize he works with ufc fighters right? Not trying to take Naudis side but hes definitely been in and around the industry for a while

http://youtu.be/OXIgb99BUAI
>>
>>35244829
I've been looking at his channel since, and his work is pretty much in line with any other conditioning coach that addresses postural deficiencies. It doesn't mean he has seen these fighters through from start to finish or taken anyone to the top of their division. Most professional fighters, especially in the UFC, are just your average schmos when it comes to lifting. They'll work with anyone who has anything to say that makes sense and promises some benefit. .
>>
>>35243768
>hamstring curl and leg extension with gait therapy

congrats man, did not need any of your gimmicks for things that already exist and you just reinventing the way they are used
>>
>>35242578
crossfit: the boogalooging 2

"hey guys look at all this functional jump up and down sideways swing lightweight ultra good method of functional strength"
>>
File: 1423428234967.jpg (1 MB, 2183x2827) Image search: [Google]
1423428234967.jpg
1 MB, 2183x2827
>>35244079
I'm a manlet, but kek'd. Hard.
>>
>>35243684
Ido more arrogant and pretentious. Better body though, even if manlet.
>>
>>35243066
You're supposed to market to the SWPL, crossfit loving crowd, not to a bunch of broke teenagers on an anime board, ayy lmao
>>
File: Trolls.jpg (77 KB, 388x296) Image search: [Google]
Trolls.jpg
77 KB, 388x296
>>35244079
>>
>>35244288
(Down) Underrated post.
>>
>>35242852
you are a fucking tool. why do you keep posting your stupid ass meme fitness bullshit on here?? its a shame you waste your athletic ability acting like a retard. out of pure curiosity, what are your squat and deadlift and bench numbers? when was the last time you took part in a legit MMA fight to test these skills considering you were apparently golden gloves, according to your post in this same exact thread last week?? youre a fucking dork bro. stop shilling your bullshit here. you claim you dont need a gym yet youve got fucking a multi thousand dollar piece of cable equipment. you are not going to be the guru of an exploding new fitness industry because what you are doing requires specialized equipment and is convoluted and complicated as hell. youre a fucking tard.
>>
>>35242578
The guy look like shit...
>>
>>35242578
>use indian clubs
>change the name
>pretend you came up with it
>>
>>35243386
i could see using his techniques to stay healthy and move optimally for lifting or sprinting or fighting or whatever (golfing, lol)... but dude is basically posting cringey photos of him, claiming he is at the Natty limit, no mention of numbers he can lift, or any kind of applicable athletic ability... i see the value in the stuff he is showing, he has great posture and technical skill when executing his movements, and is no doubt able to move and perform his routines optimally without much risk of injury during training or daily life... but you are on a board focussed on lifting weight and looking good... you dont do either... do something useful and show us a good mobility warmup for weightlifting instead of shilling your memery. aint nobody coming to train with you for hundreds of bucks a day bro.

and it always amazes me that someone who is trying to be a self made representative of fitness parading around such an average physique. if you are truly interested in selling your shit you have to draw people by your aesthetics, and you dont have them bro
>>
>>35243455
oh my god.... dear god... this was ... this was.... so horrible to watch. it hurt me so badly inside. and its so similar to OPs video
>>
If you want 'functional' strength/ability, why not join a muay thai/boxing gym? Are people seriously this fucking stupid? Crossfit I understand because hitting the gym for some people is boring also oly lifts but fucking hell this?
>>
>>35243550
he is thinking to himself that we are all deluded using aesthetics as a marker for performance but the truth is that yeah, your appearance is a dead giveaway as to your performance in most cases.... guy looks like shit and so does that poo in the loo indian. could they hold their own in a mixed martial arts fight? dude claimed to be golden gloves like 10 years ago and i wonder if his fighting abilities have regressed from years of this fancy smancy functional bullshit. >>35243620
when i watched that pajeet video i almost shit my pants, he does many of the same movements as OP's video... its funny as hell. this type of thing shouldnt be going on.
>>
>>35243393
fuck off you fucking faggot
>>
>>35243768
wow, so you did a physical therapists job on helping a woman with rehab and titled it functional patterns. you are a fucking tool. you didnt invent shit. i rehabbed myself from a broken neck and a smashed shoulder from a bike wreck and i didnt term it with a fancy name. you know what i did as soon as i got rehabbed by doing this frilly functional movements (That do have use in prehab and rehab applications)? i started lifting weights ... you talk like clean and jerking and squatting and shit are to be avoided. nah bro, you use some of your concepts to get healthy and moving optimally and to reduce risk of injury, and then you TRAIN. the fact you think you are at natty limit for muscle mass proves you arent a know it all guru although you like to act like you are.
>>
>>35243042
Not sure if this is a troll or not. But if he is seriously trying to promote his shit on /fit/ then he's fucking retarded
>>
>>35246011
>could they hold their own in a mixed martial arts fight?
to be fair, fighting sports are not something where good looking body= good results. most muay thai fighters (the actual thais in thailand) look like they are skinny nerds whose only workout is shoulder press+lateral raises.

and the gracies (BJJ founders who dominated early MMA-style tournaments) dont look that fit either.
>>
>>35242852
FUCK OFF
>>
File: 1413291820135.png (134 KB, 323x241) Image search: [Google]
1413291820135.png
134 KB, 323x241
>>35244796
>>
>>35243042
>You have to get out of your "the way I do it is the best way" mindset
Isn't that exactly what you think, manlet-chav?
>>
>>35242925
it's because it's hard for tall people to gain muscle so they rage about their insecurities here
>>
what are the pro's and cons of this compared to liting

(and no "funkshunal" bs, people don't train for zombie apocalypse)
>>
Pitcher here.
The reason swinging a club in a throwing motion is a bad idea is that you will eventually tear your ulnar collateral ligament and need elbow surgery.
>>
File: star-wars-kid-o.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-kid-o.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>35242578
Hey OP, don't listen to the haters, I too a big fan of functional exercises.

Pic related, it's me
>>
>>35247072
It's all cons. A freeweight, plyo, and conditioning program will give you strength, size, power, and endurance without the massive downsides of this shit.

He uses light weight or bodyweight exercises to make it seem like what he is doing is safe and functional. Watch his videos and you will see nearly every workout uses some kind of ballistic throwing motion, some weighted, which are known to fuck up your rotator cuff and elbow if done too frequently. He also makes peak power exercises into cardio. If you're training your brain to deploy muscle power faster, you want to do just a handful of reps, rest, and then repeat. You don't want to start to aerobically exhaust yourself so your throws and jumps become less explosive because then your brain won't learn faster muscle deployment.
>>
>>35243198
>>I am a lifetime natural and proud of it.

Into the trash it goes
>>
eh, it's probably retarded. once the functional strength meme has died, this kind of thing will cease to be practiced.
>>
I've been off /fit/ for a year or so.

What is this faggotry? Who is that DYEL manlet swinging a baseball bat around?

It did give me a good chuckle desu.
>>
>Not understand the benefits of heavy strength training.YOOL2015

Wut is neural drive
Wut is intramuscular coordination
Wut are type II motor units
>>
>>35242852
I like your stuff. One question: Do you think there is a benefit from training in the vertical axis first that then transfers to the horizontal? Also, for a climber vs a fighter, wouldn't the definition of functional movement be very different? How applicable would horizontal axis training be for the climber?
>>
>>35243042
Dude people here are indoctrinated into the opinion that compound lifts are squats bench press deadlifts and overhead presses.

If it isn't mentioned by Mark Rippetoe then it's not a real exercise.

The more you learn about exercise the more you learn that it's all about movement. Regardless of how you look doing it.

It's a very new age Style working out, you'll probably see more PTs doing this type of "functional" training as it's easier to sell functional training because people are afraid of traditional compound movements.
>>
>>35247418
Internet memes.
>>
>>35243479
>Yeah, you're right, there have been many idiots before you
I dunno man. Chris Duffin has his shoulderok which is like an over engineered and over priced club. He seems to me to have gone over to the dark side but I also think the shoulderok wasn't a stupid or completely stupid idea.

I've done it a bit using some of the old victorian exercises and it's done some good I think. Barbell training is excellent because you become an overall stronger object, you get a lot of weight coming straight down on you compared to almost anything else, and you can control the weight very accurately which allows for such efficient methods as linear progression. And periodisation is fantastic too with being able to do powerlifting movements and then olympic lift type movements.

The main two or three benefits I've found are articulation of the hand muscles and some of the forearm ones too, they'll work together in different way to normal. That can be beneficial for anything involving bats I guess (tho I would say it is probs p limited in benefits), but more relevant imo as prehab in grip training and for work grip and arms for martial arts like what Scott Sonnon does.

The other main benefit is for the shoulder girdle and some of the spine muscles. They are sort of full body movements but obv they mostly effect the forearms and upper back and shoulders. It does involve some of the smaller muscles in the legs and does help with balancing while holding and moving a weight out to the side. You get quite good benefits with moving awkward stuff around so there's probs some benefits in some strongman stuff or again martial arts.
>>
>>35242925
>goes on fit
>happens to be a turbomanlet
>gets mad when it is pointed out.
>>
>>35242578
The club/mace swings are great for shoulder health, like if you use an indian gada mace or shoulderok correctly, but he looks like an austimo manlet who's practicing "sword fighting".
>>
>>35247634
Now I've remembered I can go incognito mode and not have that bs in my youtube history, I've watched a bit and there are a couple of legit movements in there. But he's doing them badly for the most part and/or adding in some pointless shit.
>>
>>35242578

paleo level of stupidity is amazing
>>
File: 1446454848295.jpg (15 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
1446454848295.jpg
15 KB, 324x291
>>35242925
>grow up
>turbo-manlet
>>
File: 1449844033995.jpg (7 KB, 168x211) Image search: [Google]
1449844033995.jpg
7 KB, 168x211
>>35242925
>grow up
>turbo manlet
>>
>>35242925

ayy lmao
>>
File: 1446753202095.jpg (60 KB, 609x607) Image search: [Google]
1446753202095.jpg
60 KB, 609x607
>>35242925
>grow up

>turbo manlet
>>
File: 1329689262641.jpg (116 KB, 520x564) Image search: [Google]
1329689262641.jpg
116 KB, 520x564
>>35242925

>Grow up
>>
File: 1447232730940.jpg (52 KB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
1447232730940.jpg
52 KB, 450x472
>>35242925
>grow up
>turbo manlet
>grow up
>turbo manlet
>>
File: 1445421243431.jpg (55 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1445421243431.jpg
55 KB, 640x640
>>35242925
>grow up
>turbo manlet
>>
File: 1450039100411.gif (1 MB, 255x191) Image search: [Google]
1450039100411.gif
1 MB, 255x191
>>35242925
>grow up
>turbo manlet

>>
File: 1445922476165.jpg (299 KB, 850x782) Image search: [Google]
1445922476165.jpg
299 KB, 850x782
>>35242925
>Grow up
>tfw will never grow another inch
>>
File: 1414341154694.png (462 KB, 330x301) Image search: [Google]
1414341154694.png
462 KB, 330x301
>>35243079

>2. If you are onto something why do the best athletes in the world not use your stupid ass methods to train?

This is a fallacy.

>3. After 1000's of years of human physical training why are you the first to come up with this?

Another fallacy.

>4. Why is your physique so ridiculously average if this training style works?

Because the dude is clearly natty and you're comparing him to people who roid.
>>
File: 1444356365989.jpg (6 KB, 250x244) Image search: [Google]
1444356365989.jpg
6 KB, 250x244
>>35248390
>>35248406
>>35248446
>>35248462
>>35248463
>>35248478
>>35248525
>>35248620

Samefag
>>
>>35248694
He lacks thickness given his obviously short stature. There are natty 6'0+ olympic lifters on /fit/ with better physiques. There are 6'4 natty swimmers with proportionally bigger muscles. Guys his height in the bodyweight lifting threadson /fit/ probably have 3" bigger arms and legs than this joker.

He looks like a cyclist or tennis player not a 'functional' fitness guru.
>>
File: Skjermbilde (15).png (50 KB, 385x228) Image search: [Google]
Skjermbilde (15).png
50 KB, 385x228
>>35248783
sorry faggot. better luck next time =^)
>>
>>35248898
>let me just prove this man wrong. surely two posts or of 8 show there was no same faggotry. I have thoroughly destroyed my opponent.
>>
File: 1432650317496s.jpg (2 KB, 70x125) Image search: [Google]
1432650317496s.jpg
2 KB, 70x125
>>35242578
the problem with this is that it shouldnt replace barbell work. from my experience, I use to just do 'functional' training utilizing the janda ball (physio/exercise ball), the TRX ripper, TRX straps, Indian clubs, kettlebells and sandbags.All excellent tools for AFTER ones barbell work and even as a WARM UP.

Its fun and all to stress your posterior/anterior slings and deep longitudinal systems of movement. However from my experience, these systems never made me stronger. Just more stable joints, aware of my own mechanice without compromising a stable spine, better propioception, no injuries due to a insufficient/lite loads..etc.

I started a strength training routine too late to fully reap its benefits, but discontinued the above regiment. I found my strength went up as well as my hypertrophy. Yes, I had to spend some more time on mobility work and soft tissue work...but the transference to kickboxing and just everyday tasks were far more noticeable from a strength training routine.

I now combine the above regiments and am quite content. OPs training is fine for post rehab and as a catalyst for an athlete recovering from an injury. Its good for an already established gym rat who may sense some weak chain in their link or just want to have more periodization in their program.

But in now way is OPS method or video superior to barbell work. Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>35242965
>this is not cf, it's functional patterns
>same price, less gimmicks, more fucktardery
>>
>>35242925
It's banter you dildo.
I'm 5'9" arch-duke of manlets.
You must be jester-of-manlets-tier to get rustled so fast.
Peasantry.
>>
>>35243849
6'0" king of manlets
5'11" Prince of manlets
5'10" Royal adviser
5'9" manlet high-council
5'8" royal guard
5'7" high class
5'6" king's jester
5'5" peasant
5'4" and below - permanent suicide watch
>>
>>35249269
Are guys that wear massive lifts like RDJ like the Ace of manlets? Sometimes they're the smallest and sometimes they're the tallest?
>>
>>35249320
Those are shroud-walkers
Height is never known
Assume them manlets nonetheless
Filthy creatures
>>
>>35243684
ido is pretentious but the people he trains get INSANE results. fucking seriously, he made some 60 years old do front/side splits a a bunch of full rom pullups. he knows his shit.
>>
>>35249460
Does ido do any like video training stretches? Probably to pay for? I will see if I can find a download if he does.
>>
>>35249460
I like Ido and he knows his stuff. However, I'm not crazy about his training. In terms of people getting insane results, it's all about survivorship bias. That is, you don't see the 90% of people who don't get those results.
>>
>>35249170
Interesting! A combination seems to make the most sense. I think he is anti-barbell work more as a marketing strategy than anything else.
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.