[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social Gains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: nights-out-pic1.jpg (107 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
nights-out-pic1.jpg
107 KB, 849x565
How do I make some friends /fit/? There's no point having muscles if I have no one to show them off to.
>>
Step 1: go outside
>>
Treat people like they're already your friend and they'll want to be your friend

Literally just be friendly and listen to what people say about themselves and they'll like you
>>
>>35240572
Be attractive
>>
the more you practice it the better you'll get
>>
Just be friendly and invite people to do stuff although the invitation is not as good if you barley know the person. Just talk about everyday stuff with people at your work/school and act real casuall. Say stuff like "I'm gonna grab a coffe you want one?" and stuff like that. It's really just about how much none awkward time you spend toghether.
>>
>>35240579
>>35240778
Thanks for the tips bros.
>>
Why do you want friends? They literally serve zero purpose unless you're incapable of taking care of yourself and you hope to leech off them and they'll always care more about themselves than they will you.
>>
I'm so bad at starting conversations. I see people come up to strangers and just start talking to them but I don't ever know what to say. Help.
>>
>>35241329
/r9k/ pls go
>>
>>35241329
A few intimate friends is actually good. As much as I hate to admit it we are social animals, isolation not so good.

You can talk things out that is on your mind that you don't want to talk to your rents about, or if you don't have a S.O. to talk to. Everybodies gotta talk somethin out bro, sometimes.
>>
>>35241436
Nobody cares about your problems though, and frankly they actually annoying. If you need someone to vent to see a therapist. They get paid to listen to your whiny ass.
>>
meetup.com
go to meets
interact
frans

>mfw I do this and I still fail to make friends
>>
>>35240572
Why's that man in the middle so gorgeous?
>>
File: 0064 - eJErbRL.png (292 KB, 838x1312) Image search: [Google]
0064 - eJErbRL.png
292 KB, 838x1312
>>35240572
>>35240577
This.
>>35240579
This.
>>35240661
This.
>>35240778
This.
>>35241329
>idc about actually having "friends" but knowing people can be useful to advance your goals

Also OP. Try to remember people's name and call them by their name. Always ask "What was your name again" or "what's your name btw" when first meeting someone then repeat it just before you leave.

Also, act like you've known them for a while. Doesn't matter if it's your second time talking to them.
>>
>>35241454
Confirmed for not caring about others.
>>
>>35241519
you mean the one on the left
>>
>>35241454
confirmed for supreme gentleman
>>
File: 1446964076756.jpg (343 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446964076756.jpg
343 KB, 1920x1200
Seriously. I really want some close friends. My roomates are very negative people and bring me down. Are there any books that really helped you be outgoing or is it honestly just getting out there and doing random shit? I want to be chipper and social as hell but I suck at it. It feels like I just don't have the energy.
>>
>>35242192
Join team sports/clubs and talk to people and joke with them like you already know them.
Learn names and use those names to be more personal.
This is coming from someone who is mentally exhausted after being around people for more than a few hours.
Which uni btw?
>>
File: 1402966100353.jpg (43 KB, 364x344) Image search: [Google]
1402966100353.jpg
43 KB, 364x344
>>35241865
I wouldn't have it any other way mah brotha.
>>
>>35241470

Woah, that is my worst nightmare!
>>
People don't remember what you do, they remember how you make them feel :^)
>>
>>35240572
When I meet someone for the first time and if we get food should I offer to shout or let them pay?
>>
>making friends after graduating from college

Surely something has some insight.
>>
>>35243688
true
>>
>>35240632
don't be unattractive
>>
>>35240572
>Go to a bar in a busy side of town
>get there early like 9-10pm
>sit at the corner of the bar and make casual conversation with the bartender
>bartender will make conversation with other guests as they come in
>work your way into conversations with those guests
Works even better if a female walks in and sits close enough to chat. If you hit things off you can make your way to a more lively spot to dance or whatever.
>>
>>35244632
Wouldn't that work better at a quiet bar?
>>
>>35242192
same boat
>>
>>35244632
most bars in my area have teen girls as bartenders
they openly hate their job, get hit a lot and are constantly annoyed
>>
>>35244632
> 9-10 p.m

That's kinda late man...

Can I do the same earlier in the day?
>>
>>35240572
so i was a robot up to 21, i sorta had friends, but i wasnt invited a lot, up to the point where i had colossal butthurts after sitting at home for a month and learning that everyone was doing something that month but not inviting me
after leaving r9k mode and wisening up i reached the conclusion that you have to be proactive, so i started calling people out, sometimes just 1-2 guys to hang in the park for a couple of hours, sometimes i would host parties, sometimes you would just get people together to go to a bar - literally calling 20 or ppl over the phone
then you put ppl from different circles together and some of them start bonding with each other and gradually you just become ingrained in peoples social lives even if you are not the center of attention
so start slow, first some small talk with several ppl from work/gym/class, then go for a couple of beers/teacups after work (YOU ASK THEM, DO NOT WAIT FOR OTHERS TO ASK YOU), then think of something to have them go all together as a group (ie i am celebrating purchase of my new car and since its hard to coordinate a lot of ppl, i decided to have several small gatherings instead, so tomorrow evening we are getting with other lads from work, wanna come?) and so on
you will have to put out financially and mentally at first, but in time people will get used to it, you will meet their friends and so on

i am actually experiencing the backwards process now, i am 29 and most of my friends prefer to have these parties when you gather in someones home and talk and drink and watch stupid videos and play party games and then go to sleep drunk at 1 am
this is cancer for me, so i go like 1-2 times a month (and i usually just play with their kids, 1-2 yolds are superfun), so i kinda gradually fall out of their circuits
any ideas how to meet shallow party animals to hang out with in bars and clubs on the weekends?
>>
>>35245561
>>35246003
I said earlier because it will be quiet until people show up. Where do you live that 10 is late??
>>
>>35243798
go dutch, of course
>>
>>35240572
Go volunteer for stuff.
>>
>>35246064
The more you can drink the better and if you get a girl out in front of them they will want to be you're friends even more
>>
>>35246348
well, its not that i will go to a group to random ppl in the bar with a bottle of vodka and start drinking it from the bottle, right?)
>>
>>35246273
Nah, I just have an early curfew.
>>
>>35246404
Go with a groupe of your friends and if everyone is drunk you will dance together and have a great time.
>>
>>35246513
THATS THE POINT MANG
all of my friends are lazy and dont go out, they spend time at boring house parties
do you even read?))
>>
>>35246485
Understandable. Then yeah. More quiet bar instead. Just works better at a place that ramps up for a transition into dancing.
>>
File: Wow.jpg (19 KB, 462x579) Image search: [Google]
Wow.jpg
19 KB, 462x579
>>35241329
Who hurt you, anon-kun? :(
>>
File: SSS.png (547 KB, 880x1604) Image search: [Google]
SSS.png
547 KB, 880x1604
/thread
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.