[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I improve my vertical jump for basketball without squats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2015-12-13-14-01-22.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-13-14-01-22.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
Hello /fit/, I am a legal age 18+ adult who's cousin who happens to be turning 14 soon and is about 6'1 and 145 lbs and he wants to know how to improve on his vertical. He has a standing reach of about 7'9 and can get about 3/4 of his middle finger above the rim. He has access to a gym but many people say not to squat or deadlift at his age n sheit. Again I am a fully legal age adult
>>
Pic semi related but not him
>>
>>35240070
You made it so obvious that you're 14 lmao. Squats and deadlifts don't stop growth, fucking your back up/bad form does. Just go for it middle schoolbrah
>>
> playing niggerball
>>
Highbar as core exercise, front squats as assistance. Cleans/Power cleans.
>>
>>35240108
> angry Manlet detected
>>
>>35240133
Can different angle leg presses substitute some of this because its a fixed plain of motion therefore less chance of injury
>>
>>35240077
ok legal age adult, squats and deadlifts are fine for his age there are plenty of tall powerlifters and they all start at a very young age.
>>
>>
Squats and other OL are beneficial for vertical jump, see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26626268
Also box jumps, working in low rep sets focusing on getting height rather than doing tons of reps and working up a sweat as people do for cardio
>>
If you're not an idiot you should just squat, but you're 14 so the chances are high that you are. So don't squat unless you've got someone to coach you. Box jumps are probably your best bet.
>>
Low volume and low rep depth jumps for max height. Hang cleans.

Box jumps mostly train hip flexibility not heigh.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.