[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need fucking help.. I've been going to the gym for a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: ss+(2015-07-13+at+11.23.21).jpg (33 KB, 660x483) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-07-13+at+11.23.21).jpg
33 KB, 660x483
I need fucking help..

I've been going to the gym for a little over 7 months now and I am making absolutely no progress. My first week there i had someone teach me a routine where you Squat, Deadlift, Bench. He said "Continue doing this and you'll see a big difference within 3 months". I did this shit for 3 months and i haven't seen any single difference, I've tried adding weight on and what not but i don't gain anything out of it.

For the past 4 months I've been experimenting with routines that I find online and little difference is made there as well.

At this point I am very close to giving up.. I eat at least 2,000+ calories a day, i tried that fitness app that you can get on your phone and ate around 3,500 calories a day for a month or two. I gained around 7-8kg but all around with the working out i saw no difference in muscle, just fat.

I don't even sweat at the gym like i did my first week, i just get tired and my muscles fatigue not being able to handle weight after the 40 minutes that I'm there.

I'll take on anything you guys give me right now. Any tips, routines ETC would be a lot of help.

Stats -
height: 6'2
Kg / Pounds: 66kg / 145.5 Pounds
Activity: 4-5 days a week
>>
weird

how's your proteins intake and sleep? Drop the deadlift and do something else, curls, military press, pull ups

keep squatting and benching hard though
>>
>>35237760
Eat more you skellie
>>
>>35237760
Eat 3000 calories a day
Eat at least 120g of protein
Report back in 4 weeks
>>
you need to fucking eat more..probably more protein too
>>
>>35237789
Protein intake: around 80-100g a day, varies.
Sleep: 6 hours + 2-3 after gym

I've recently picked up a problem in benching where my left arm is more dominant than my right one causing the bar to sway. I'm not sure why tho, every time it feels like the bar is straight and that there's no problem but apparently not to my spotter.

>>35237799
>>35237831
Anything specific that comes in high calories??
>>
are you sure there is no progress?
did you take photos and measurements?
>>
>>35237898
Very little to no progress by looks, i had a starter photo. No longer available
>>
>>35237875
Sleep ATLEAST 7 hours every single night.
Eat ATLEAST 110grams of Protein, recommended would be 120g.
Stay hydrated at all times.

Also give us your lifting stats.
>>
>>35237875
Peanut butter, cheese, pasta, nutella, salad dressing, whole wheat bread, any kind of nuts (including deez), cooking oil, bacon, dates. Foods like these plus two hours in the gym will make big gainz. Smoke some testosterone on the side if you really want results ,and go on a steroid stack if you want fast results. Just be sure to take testosterone with it if you do.
>>
Stop fapping and run a test e cycle
>>
File: 1449052229996.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1449052229996.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>35237760

Anon, what are you stats for bench, deadlift, squat and OHP?
>>
>>35237994
>>35238031
Idk how you guys count this shit, with our without bar, I'll do without here.

Squat: 40-50kg
Deadlift: 30kg
Bench: 20kg

OHP, don't do. unless i should

>>35238003
I'll stock up
>>
>>35237760

Bro you just need to eat. Peanut butter is god tier for gaining weight. It tastes good and is high in calories, while also being loaded with good fats and decent protein. Thats a start, but really you just need more food in general. You can't gain weight without eating food. Get big, eat big.
>>
>>35238068
may i ask what were your stats BEFORE you started lifting, FYI generally we add weight of the bar.
>>
>>35238068
Mate this is alarming. Also add the bar to the total weights used, it's 20kg after all.

Do yourself a favor and look up Scoobysworkshop on YouTube and on his personal webpage.

Read http://scoobysworkshop.com/teen-workout-plan/
Follow his advice on lifting, diet and everything else He has to offer. Ditch that fucking 5x5 plan and start with that.

Good luck hungry skeleton.

>To motivate you: I was 60kg at 187 last Summer and am 84kg with nice physique and extreme strenght thanks to scooby now
>>
>>35238119
m8, pls don't be a retard, he needs to add mass and get strong fast, not become a no gains faggot.

I mean for fuck sake he can't even squat 100kg, 5 x 5 is the best way to gain strength.
>>
>>35238068
You've been training for 7 months and you're deadlift is 110? Serious question here, but are you actually trying to lift heavy? I'm in compete disbelief if you are serious. My 120lb Skelton friend could deadlift 1pl8 after a week.

And yes you should be over head pressing but you probably can't even get the bar over your head tbqh. Do dumbbells instead I guess.

I really don't know how we can help you.
>>
>>35238153
He's probably one of those guys who thinks he can't do something, and is therfore doing it right because he's giving it all he's got

I had a friend like him who couldn't curl like 20kg on the machine... He was skelly but his mental blocks were his greatest disadvantage rather than any physical problems
>>
File: klokov-push-press.jpg (119 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
klokov-push-press.jpg
119 KB, 640x640
>>35238068
Taking into consideration what you've said thus far i think some points need to be highlighted

-For 3 months of training, you have gained pretty much no strength
-I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and say you have been eating well, but just incase, i think it would be best for you to increase your protein intake.

Why, in your opinion do you feel you have no added weight to the bar? Is it because you're not forcing yourself? because you're not eating well? etc....

Honestly, you're strength gains are pretty much non existent and its obvious why you've only gained fat and haven't had your body composition change, you aren't lifting anything heavy enough to illicit a physiological response i.e. build muscle.
>>
>>35238138
Breh He did that shit 5x5 for over half a year to reach those stats. For all I care He should rather fully listen to Scoobs if he wasn't able to understand lifting and proper nutrition before doing with Rippletits
>>
>>35238190
therefore thinks he's doing it right*
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (199 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
199 KB, 1920x1080
>>35238199
no he hasn't done 5 x5 , if he did 5x5 he'd get strong, say what you want about repute and 5x5, but at the very fucking least they should make you STRONGER.

>>35238197
Im going to add to this by saying, Ive done SS for 6 weeks and my stats are including the bar

120KG squat
100kg bench
60kg OHP
130kg deadlift.
>>
You arent eating/sleeping good enough. You should weight atleast 20-40 pounds more
>>
Gotta eat big to get big.
>>
Sleep more, eat more and get SL 5x5. Come back in 3 months.

It happens. Some people take a long time to get their shut together. Just keep doing it.
>>
>>35238226
Regardless the point is he needs to get educated about nutrition, sleep and actual form on Lifts. At this point it's worth a good shit which routine He follows, aslong as it's not horrible.
>>
>>35238096
BEOFRE
i weighed 57kg / 125.6 Pounds. if that's what you're asking

>>35238153
:(

You guys are suggesting SL 5x5, from what i got taught i was just told to do the 3 things every day.
>>
>>35238323
you're meant to do SL 3 times a week.

have you read the SL website

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/
>>
>>35238341
Yeah, I'm reading it right now and will start on this tomorrow.

Another thing is how long i should spend my time in the gym and how long should my breaks be between the sets.

I feel like this would take me about 30-40 minutes and the breaks i take are usually a minute or two.
>>
>>35238323
>Those three every single day
WHICH KIND OF RETARD TAUGHT YOU DIS

YOU NEED RESTING DAYS INBETWEEN
YOU DON'T GET STRONGER FROM THE LIFTING BUT FROM THE RESTING YOU TAKE
>>
>>35238368
On SL at low weights you will only need a minute. As you progress and fail sets you rest more and more.

Rest and sleep are very important. Good luck mang.
>>
>>35238368
the website outlines nutrition and also how long you should take between sets, please take your time reading and absorbing the information.

Generally speaking workouts last just under an hour and 2 to 3 minutes between sets if fine

another point is you lift on non consecutive days.

i.e. monday, wednesday friday
or tuesday, thursday saturday for example.
>>
>>35238369
Not OP. When I was messing around in the gym I'd do the same things every day. And I wouldn't progress. Just like this faggot
>>
Like all things in life, you must want it bad enough. Ask yourself, do you? Are you doing everyrhing you should ne doing? Do you put the time in? Do you utilize every resource available?

The answer is no. If you did, you wouldnt even be thing about giving up. Fitness is a lot like acquiring wealth. If you keep at it, you will be successful. You don't just give up and say fuck it ill just stay poor. The ones that do live in boxes. Unfortunately that means constantly pushing your limits, always learning and trying new things, and ditching the mindset of failure among other things.

Nobody is special, if that guy did it, there is literally nothing saying that you can't except excuses. Just gotta keep at it anon. Put in the work, and the results will come.

>only 7 months lifting
>giving up

Do you even want to make it?
>>
File: Snapchat-1639627165220367323.jpg (853 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1639627165220367323.jpg
853 KB, 1440x2392
>>35238459
Picture for reference?

Ive been lifting almost every day for the past 4 years and proper diet for 1.5 years

You might have some shit genes or you might grow slow as fuck but like the saying goes, the man that moves a mountain starts with a single stone.

GL Anon i BELIEVE
>>
>>35238459
>>35238524
Holy shit, that's some motivation.

I guess I'll start Tuesday with the SL 5x5 then, and take 1 day breaks inbetween.

I got to ask tho, is taking in foods such us doughnuts and what not that wouldn't seem healthy such a smart thing to do in my stage?
>>
>>35237760
Try a 4-5 day body part split where you hit each part once every 7 days.

High frequency full body routines aren't for everyone, newsflash.

They're great for MOST people. Not ALL. Listen to your body.
>>
>>35238596
Lift three times a week is plenty.
>>
>>35237760
If you haven't already, Try 3 or 4 day body part split where you hit each part once every 7 days.

High frequency full body routines aren't for everyone, newsflash.

They're great for MOST people. Not ALL. Listen to your body.
>>
>>35238611
Shoo shoo gains goblin. Bro splits are a bad place to start.
>>
>>35238596
Real foods are cheaper and more effective.
Pasta, butter, turkey, chicken, frozen veggies, oatmeal, whole milk, peanut butter are foods i eat on a regular basis. A few of thise you can just stack in a blender and drink down 2000 calories. A box of pasta is 1600 cals without butter.

Also thise foods are all cheap asf
>>
>>35238722
Its important to remember that the diet is more important than the training itself which is the shitty part imo but you gotta make that the priority.
>>
>>35238637
A workout where you stimulate muscle growth will never be bad. Period lol. Your body doesnt know the difference between a week and a year, as long as you are lifting weights and targeting muscles, you will grow. Bro splits arent bad.. Not mixing your exercises up is bad lol
>>
>>35238771
I guess it is just different philosophies. I never understood why someone would NOT do deadlifts and pull-ups as part of a back workout.
>>
META AND JUST
>>
>>35238791
I mean, do all the lifts
>>
When people make these claims that they are making no progress I'm surprised everyone brings up everything else that they could be doing wrong apart from the most obvious... bad form. OP if you want to make progress lifting you need to learn how to fucking do it properly.
>>
it is almost certainly one or more of these factors:

-you weren't eating as much as you think
-you weren't getting enough protein
-you weren't getting enough sleep
-you weren't getting the form for each exercise right
-you weren't progressively overloading

if you are 100% certain that none of these is the case then you are probably fucked i'm afraid. some people just aren't genetically inclined to be strong. human societies needed weak males as well as strong ones back in the day.
>>
>>35238945
Except back in the day, the weak ones were weeded out if they couldn't pull their weight when it comes to survival. The only reason why weak people exist is that our modern society enables everyone to survive. Weak or strong.
>>
>>35237789
>drop the deadlift
>keep benching
Discarded
Diddies make u stronger overall, and increase test. Now go kill yourself anon
>inb4 took b8
>>
>>35237760
> eat at least 2,000+ calories a day
> ate around 3,500 calories a day

You complained that you didn't gain weight, then you went crazy & complained you gained fat. what the fuck do you expect? There's a reason you eat 15% over maintenance. You don't just randomly add 1,500 cal because you found maintenance. You need to eat at 15% over & wait a year. Stop jumping around from cutting to bulking.
>>
>>35237875
Eat more you fucking retard and add weight to the bar. How can you expect your body to change if your workload doesn't? seriously what the fuck
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.