[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/. You've always been good to me so I come to you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1428007234134.jpg (15 KB, 350x243) Image search: [Google]
1428007234134.jpg
15 KB, 350x243
Sup /fit/.

You've always been good to me so I come to you a man in need. I started out a fat shit, but have made some ridiculous gains and got my life on track. I'm all good in that department, but there's a catch.

My girlfriend is fat. We've lived together since before I started to change my life. And I know I love her, but she is making no effort to get healthier. I don't think I can be with her if she doesn't want to improve herself. Thing is I can't just leave her, we have a ritzy apartment and although I make more cash then her I can't afford it by myself and don't have anyone lined up who could be a roomie. Plus she has some depression issues and I am 80% sure that if I leave she might actually kill herself. I just want her to be happy but I can't stay in this shit. I can't fuck a fatty anymore guys, I fucking can't.
>>
>>35235651
Invite her out for dinner, then bait and switch her to the gym with a membership you have lined up for here then give her an ultimatum. Simple as that.
>>
>>35235651
Just tell her the truth you faggot.Communication is important in relationships.Losing weight isn't some impossible feat only the chosen yamoto can do.Tell her how you feel about her body and habits.She will cry don't fall for any apeal to emotion bullshit.Tell her you can help her be healthy.Its her choice but its your choice to stay with her or leave.
>>
Saying this as a woman, there is absolutely nothing you can do to change her. If you tell her that you'd like her to loose weight, she might either do it or just eat even more. But I suggest that you don't, cause once you do it it will scar her for life. Being fat and female is the worst thing ever. Imagine someone commenting your dick in a negative matter. You'd always, always remember those words. Got the point?

And to suicide part, she sounds mentally sick if she's like that. Even worse if she has given you such ultimatum. Seriously, dump her. It isn't an equal healthy relationship, in fact you can't have one with someone who has bad mental issues. She gotta sort those out with herself, you can't heal her or be her supporter and caregiver.

Not to forget to mention that your lifestyles are significantly different. That's an issue. If not yet, it'll be in the future. She'll most likely only get bigger from there and as she gets older, she gets more busier and gains weight easier anyways.

So I'd suggest you to cut the chord, live your life and find a new pussey while you are young and you got your whole life ahead of you. Don't settle for a compromise and you don't want your kiddos to have a genes of a fat mental person?

Tldr; leave her, as painful as it might be.
>>
>>35235693
"Hey babe, I really love you, maybe even want to spend the rest of my life with you but I can't do that if you're dead, and your lifestyle is slowly killing yourself. We could make changes slowly?" etc... Not that hard t.b.h f.a.m
>>
>>35235693
>>35235734
>>35235736
Alright guys, thanks. That's some good motivation. Guess we have to have a talk.

>>35235735
What if I ask her to get "healthy" instead of "skinny" and never use the word "fat"? Would that work?
>>
>>35235735
I agree with all you've said other than the fat to dick insult comparison. You can change fat, it's not rocket science desu senpai
>>
>>35235756
Yes that'll work and if it doesn't cut your loss, being in a relationship with a fat person is like being tied to them in quicksand, she'll just pull you down with her. Don't mention fat, word it like you're worrying about her and want to live a long and happy life with her.
>>
>>35235734
>help
Pt2
Since I just read the whole op.You are not obliged ton stay with someone.Even if she has deppression that isn't an excuse to be lazy.If you think she will do some shit if you leave she should be speaking to a psychologist.Isn't your happiness an important part of the relationship?
>>
>>35235756
Yeah you could try that first. But be sensitive and if she's just not that into it then it'll never work. If she doesn't wanna change for herself mainly, she is doing it for the wrong reasons. And it won't last, if she genuinely doesn't enjoy exercising and healthy food over being a coach potato or what ever made her gain weight.

>>35235758
I know that you can't change it, but the point was that the effect would be very similar. It's painful, it's horrible to hear stuff like that about your weight. It's very sensitive for women and maybe you guys don't even see it that way, but then again I don't understand men's penis crisis.

But really, saying "you have gained weight" is gonna leave a mark to your relationship. It's the moment when she thinks that "I'm not good enough for her." I think it's perfectly legit to leave someone if they are no longer physically attractive in your eyes, but it doesn't change the fact that that's the exact feel the woman would get, instantly. And approval from your partner is crucial for the relationship.

I guess my point is, that if she isn't bothered by her weight enough to make a difference, you can't force her to do it either. The result just won't be good. She does know that she has gotten fatter and her jeans are tighter, so it's not like she is not aware of it.
>>
>>35235820
>it's horrible to hear stuff like that about your weight. It's very sensitive for women
They should grow some balls. What a bunch of pussies
>>
>>35235935
I'm with this guy. Can't cry about something that's your own fault desu senpai
>>
Try using mental conditioning on her. Reinforce good habits like choosing a healthy meal with a small gift, or letting her choose the movie. If she eats a chocolate bar, just act a bit cold towards her, chose to eat well in front of her. Hell, if she loses idk 15 lbs, get her a puppy. Then if she gains it back, you can break its neck and leave it in the fridge next to the Crisco
>>
>>35235955
>Hell, if she loses idk 15 lbs, get her a puppy. Then if she gains it back, you can break its neck and leave it in the fridge next to the Crisco
Fucking.
>>
>>35235935
I definitely agree with you, but trust me when I tell you, it just doesn't work that way. We all know those fatties who were bullied cause of their weight and it just made them eat more and more. Most likely that's the result and that your relationship will go to shit.

If she ain't fitness bunny in her heart, she just isn't and it's time for OP to find a new chick now when he's not too invested in her yet. (Talking about marriage, house, kids.) Just go and find a woman who'd make a great mother and give good genes for your offspring. That's very important and with your current gf you are just wasting time which could be used to find that woman, just saying.
>>
>>35236001
>Just go and find a woman who'd make a great mother and give good genes for your offspring.
How about you? ;)
>>
>>35236001
>Just go and find a woman who'd make a great mother and give good genes for your offspring
Yeah let me just go down to the "Good Wives With Good Genetics" store and pick one up. Why didn't I think of this before
>>
>>35236040
Well you can most certainly do better than that though.
>>
>>35235651
Nah anon, I know its hard, especially because you're emotionally invested but its just going to bring you down. She isn't your responsibility. You have no actual obligation beyond the one that you yourself deem necessary to her.

Make a plan to leave her if you can't actually do it yet. Find a new place. Streamline your funds. Make a plan to get out. Then get out. It's not worth investing more and more into her if there isn't any reciprocity anon. You have better things to do with your time, energy and money.
>>
>>35235651
Try to get her to be healthy again. If she doesn't, dump her.

Over the course of a few weeks try to convince her, slowly, that she needs to be healthier. She really should start exercising more, like she used to, and it'd really make you happy if she took some more care of her body. You understand (insert her bullshit reasons here)--which you've had to deal with too. You already buy healthy food, and can cook well. Not much has to change, you'll say, she just has to make a few adjustments over time. I'd deemphasize the being fat part. As
>>35235735
said, she won't like that.

And if she insists on being a fattie (highly likely), drop her and run. Being fat will fuck up her health and healthcare, if you should chose to every marry her. The sex'll suck and you'll cheat on her eventually, because if you can't stand it now you sure as fuck won't put up with it later.

You're in a shitty situation and I'm sorry OP.
>>
Leave her then since she's such a drain.

Are you fucking stupid or something?
>>
>>35236964
Do you read?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.