[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rippetoe advocates 300g of protein, 6000 kcal for a beginner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1449420895917.jpg (41 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1449420895917.jpg
41 KB, 720x960
Rippetoe advocates 300g of protein, 6000 kcal for a beginner like me.

I'm lactose intolerant, so I have a hard time digesting milk.

Is eating 6000 kcal worth of food absolute calories
>>
>>35235020
>6000 kcal
this is how you get fat
>>
They make lactose free milk.

You do realize eating 6000 calories is going to make you fat as fuck right?
>>
>>35235031
But Rip literally says that in the book. I'm 55kg at 180cm.
>>
I don't believe Rippertits said something like this.
>>
>>35235034
Because Rip's goal is to get you strong. Getting fat doesn't stop you from getting strong.
>>
>>35235034
You'll get a lot of muscle, but also some fat. Rippetoe's logic is that since you're so skinny now, it should be easy for you to lose weight after you gain a decent amount of weight. Also the effect is psychological. A lot of skinny people are like reverse fat people, they say retarded shit like "I eat all the time and can't gain weight!" The purpose of GOMAD is to force skinny people to gain weight regardless of how retarded they are at estimating caloric intake.
>>
Don't listen to the naysayers, you need the mass. Odds are you're going to have an easy time cutting anyway once you drop down to a normal-low intake given your current stats.
>>
Do TWCAD (Two whole chickens a day)

Best diet
>>
>>35235020
If you want to become a fatass go for it. His program is to get you as strong as possible, with little regard to body composition. I'd only recommend you go 6kcal if you're an auchwitz skelly, otherwise do TDEE+ 300 or 500. Last tip is follow the fucking program ie incorporate the accessory work or you're gonna look like Trex/shit. Honestly would do Blaha's 5x5
>>
I have no idea how to get 6k kcal a day. I'm struggling to fit 3000kcal in my diet already.
>>
>>35235085
Just go mad...
>>
>>35235067
>some
>>
>>35235079
He can always try GOPBAD too
>>
>>35235020

LMAOOOOOOOO

people follow books and shit

FFS you have the internet .. use multiple sources and you will quickly find out that 6000 cal is a fucking meme
>>
>>35235272
I have the book and it literally says that.
>>
>>35235342

OUASJGONASGNKSAGAS

ARE YOU SO DENSE?

DO YOU JUST BLINDLY BELIEVE WHAT 1 GUY HAS TO SAY?

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH RETARDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>35235349
sup fp
>>
Don't do 6000 kcal if you can honestly calculate your calorie intake properly and not lie to yourself.
Do ~1500 kcal daily surplus at absolute max (prolly around 3500-4000kcal for you) and make sure you cut it back to 500 kcal surplus after a while (3-4 months) so you won't just be gaining tons of fat.

With 1500 kcal surplus for 3 months you should have gained ~15 kilos of fat/muscle + some water weight.
>>
File: FuckSimon2015ItsNotFuckingFunny.png (620 KB, 760x496) Image search: [Google]
FuckSimon2015ItsNotFuckingFunny.png
620 KB, 760x496
>>35235020
He only "recommends" doing this if you are an underweight hungry skeleton. Don't eat more than 500+ calories a day unless you can still see your rib bones.
>>
Directly from Practical Programming for Strength Training (Rippetoe):

It is important that the total caloric content of the diet
be at least equal to, but preferably greater than, the total caloric
expenditure of the training day. Matching intake to expenditure
will maintain fitness and strength but will not support maximal
fitness gain. A caloric surplus is needed to drive progress. If we
simply pay back the energy used during exercise and daily
activities, we are not providing the extra energy required to
drive homeostatic recovery and adaptation through muscle
mass increase. To get stronger and more fit we need to consume
somewhere around 200 to 400 calories more energy than we
expend. This is a relatively small caloric excess, and much more
than this should be avoided, since a huge caloric surplus can
and will be stored as fat.
>>
>>35235020
I don't think he does. Eat 300 kcals above TDEE and 0.8-1g of proteins per pound of LEAN bodymass
>>
>>35235020
300g of protein is unnecessary unless you are literally 300 lbs+. 1g of protein per 1kg bodyweight is like absolute max, already kinda pushing it IMO. A lot of people advocate 0.8g per 1kg, but I know that's controversial here so it's up to you. 200g+ is way, way too much if you're a natty skelly.

6000 kcal is way too much too unless you're roiding. Idc what the book says. Your body can only make so much muscle in a certain time frame, more calories does not = more muscle unlimited, only up to a certain point. A 3000+ kcal surplus will end up stored as almost predominantly fat. Don't do it unless you need or want to gain body fat for some reason. Don't listen to the dudes here, your cut will fucking suck since you'll gain weight so fast that it'll be mostly fat and not muscle. You'll look DYEL after a cut. Just do TDEE + 500, or TDEE + 800 if you're really impatient.
>>
I've been eating at TDEE+500 for a mew months now and I'm not progressing.I've only gained two kilos.
>>
>>35235457
Are your lifts progressing? If not, make sure you're counting perfectly. If you are, then up calories by 200 and see. All the research I've seen says most men can only gain about 2 lbs of muscle per month while natty (I can cite for you if you want it). When you see dudes getting excited about gaining 20 lbs in a month, it's honestly mostly fat and water. Don't rush gaining weight unless you're underweight and need the body fat.
>>
>>35235428
dude it's 1g of protein per 1lbs of (lean) bodyweight if you lift, if you don't lift then the recommendation is 1g per 1kg
>>
>>35235501

Some times. I've increased my 1RM Deads by ten kilos since october and my 5RM squats by five kilos since mid september ish. The thing is I*m on intermediate tier progression, but still novice strength levels so I don't know what to do.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.