[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/plg/ - powerlifting general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: hacck a g.png (101 KB, 505x546) Image search: [Google]
hacck a g.png
101 KB, 505x546
welcome to /plg/ - powerlifting general
because we like picking up things that are somewhat heavy
>hope you are having a nice saturday edition
>>
Sean is a kekold
>>
Gibbs just squatted 661 (300kg) and deadlifted 705 (320kg)
>>
>>35228881
And Sean just slept with his 85th (eighty fifth) woman
>>
File: french PM dun goofed.png (319 KB, 778x400) Image search: [Google]
french PM dun goofed.png
319 KB, 778x400
>>35228865
>op forgot link edition
>>
File: smug joshua.jpg (25 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
smug joshua.jpg
25 KB, 650x433
>>35228881
>mfw my expert coaching pays off for my athletes
>>
>>35228881
whos jose?
>>
Is it worth chasing the 5plate dead and 4plate squat with two herniated discs naturally?

Have blown out l4/5 and have recently dled 210kg and squated 170kg. Is it time for me to take the leap and consume some vitamin S? Should I start wearing some accessories/equipment?

What do /fit/?
>>
>>35228921
Topkek100 is such a fucking stinky curry nigger
Because of his faggot fuck website we no longer have the old general with youtube links where people would occasionally replace one of the links then when someone asks for any videos on how to sumo deadlift and someone replies with "its in the OP you idiot" and then they reply with "I click the link but all I get is a taylor swift video", then all luls ensue

I think topkek100's malware infested website was the beginning of the end

It's only since cancerous tripfags like facefag, dreamerfag, etc stopped tripping that we're going back to the old way with lifting discussion and less pathetic homosexuality posts
>>
>>35228981

Gear won't heal the discs. Juice up if you want the performance aspect, but it won't make things safer (potentially less safe, as you'll be handling more weight).
>>
>>35228988
>im the real bodorio guys
>>
>>35229003
I know that, smashed my discs over two years ago now and have decided fuck it yolo want to make some good lifts whilst i'm still young.

what i'm thinking is, wouldn't the juice make muscles stronger, thus taking some more strain of of back?
>>
>>35229021

Not really, unless stronger muscles translate into improved form.
>>
File: trump pepe.jpg (16 KB, 355x367) Image search: [Google]
trump pepe.jpg
16 KB, 355x367
>cut going well
>deadlifts felt like trash but looked great on video as per usual sheiko magic
>arms starting to look j00cy

what a time to be alive
>>
>>35229146
I hate to break it to you panzertwink, but your arms are the further thing from looking "juicy"
>>
Strained my anterior deltoid, brahs. Pressing and squatting hurts, so I'm off that for a week. Deadlifts don't hurt, but I don't want to push anything. So, stuck with machines and just working my left side for upper body.

>bodybuilding mode
>>
>>35229170
I'm not panzer... soz senpai
>>
>>35229206
>bodybuilding mode

Feel better, friend.

In my opinion, a little bodybuilding would do a lot of powerlifters some good.

Less strain on the joints, and more muscle to convert to strength.

If a powerlifter isn't going through a block of "bodybuilding" at least 2 times a year, he's missing out.
>>
>>35229258
>bodybuilding block
You mean ordinary powerlifting training?
>>
ufc link lads ?
>>
>>35229254
Post your arms then to prove your aren't
>>
>>35229376
No. I mean swapping out your comp lifts for lighter alternatives that will supplement your weaknesses.

Ex: front squat, SLDL's, CG bench press/OHP, etc.
>>
File: program.png (9 KB, 618x215) Image search: [Google]
program.png
9 KB, 618x215
no one answered last time

Cant bench for 4 months, what do you guys think about this program I made for myself?

i lift 120/???/160 @85, my OHP is 55kg.
>>
>>35229399
>I mean swapping out your comp lifts for lighter alternatives that will supplement your weaknesses.
So you want to quit powerlifting? Or why would you stop doing the powerlifts?
>>
File: cant stop stealing.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
cant stop stealing.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>tfw rewatching my PR videos, and start to get hype, but not lifting until monday
>>
taking a topkek100 rn
>>
>>35229412
>So you want to quit powerlifting?
Temporarily once per training cycle, yes.

This is the foundation of block periodization.

The russians do GPP leading to more specific, but not competition movements.

In the west, it's "off season" bodybuilding.

I'm assuming you've never competed at any sport, ever, based on the autism you're dropping.
>>
>>35229412
Because a 14 year old on /fit/ thought it sounded smart
>>
File: image.png (26 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
26 KB, 750x750
>>35229434
>t's "off season" bodybuilding.
>>
>>35229452
If you don't have a "reset" phase to your training, I'm sure that you're a beginner lifter.

Learn your sports science, Sean.
>>
>>35229399
I WANT REDDIT TO LEAVE
>>
>>35229389
I can't reveal my identity. but I'm not panzer.
>>
>>35229461
What a sour-puss :)

Variety is the spice of life. I'd hate to see the day that you're ground to dust from doing meme-routines 356 days per year.

Some of us want to powerlift for a long time.
>>
>>35229473
>>>/reddit/
>>
Anyone have a preferred wrist-wrap brand?
>>
>>35229434
Of course I get what you mean, but to stop doing the competition lifts for 4-6 weeks just sound unneccessary. If you look at Sheiko for example, the start of a training cycle is less specific but it still has squat, bench and deadlifts in it. It just has extra movements to train weaknesses, build muscle etc.

What would be the pros to stop doing the powerlifts as opposed to doing them(for lower volume/frequency) and doing more general excercises?
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 418x359
>>35229457
>reset" phase to your training,
>>
>>35229411

Why cant you bench? If an injury consider using press machine with high vol.

Your routine looks bad btw
>>
>>35229493
I never said 4-6 weeks.

Usually 2-4 is fine. You don't have to "quit" the powerlifts, just dial them back to 50-70% for low rep sets.

Joints and connective tissues heal well this way.
>>
>>35229411
Just pick one of the meme programs and do extra OHP instead of bench. Why can you press overhead and not overchest?
>>
>>35229499
>Your routine looks bad btw
why ;( how can i make it better

>>35229512
can you tell me some meme routines that would fit with my strength level
>>
>>35229507
So you mean doing a lighter week/s after a competition to rest up? Most people do that already.
>>
>>35229488
Iron Rebel. I think they stopped paying IPF approval fees though, if that matters to you.
>>
>>35229554
>lighter week/s after a competition to rest up? Most people do that already.
Obviously people do this to recover.

However, some GPP is good to fortify planes of movement that powerlifters frequently neglect.

Especially for those that are injury prone or for those that lack athleticism.
>>
File: look at it.png (553 KB, 400x1000) Image search: [Google]
look at it.png
553 KB, 400x1000
>FOR THOSE THAT DON'T KNOW THAT GPP IS IMPORTANT FOR STRENGTH SPORTS

But why should you care about GPP at all? As a strength athlete under normal conditions, improving aerobic fitness won’t improve your squat and flexibility won’t make you snatch more. Or will it?
Fundamentally, the human body does not want to be out of balance. This is why some people have improved their bench press by focusing on their external rotation work. It’s not because external rotation directly relates to benching more weight – it doesn’t at all. But they had focused on Bench Press (which is an internally rotating movement) for so long, their internal rotators had gotten too strong for their external rotators. So, pending improvement in external rotation strength, the body inhibited further strengthening of the internal rotators. So when people with this condition do their GPP work (external rotation), they magically get better at bench pressing because their body no longer inhibits that movement.
Oddly enough, this example carries over to a large number of applications – and not just opposing muscle groups! Improved flexibility/mobility will reduce your chances for injury and reduce daily structural stress on the body. Improving the strength of your heart will result in better recovery and an improved hormone profile. And the list goes on.

-Mike Tuchscherer
http://forum.reactivetrainingsystems.com/content.php?29-GPP-Considerations-for-Strength-Sports
>>
>>35229609
I guess I wouldn't mind getting IPF approved gear, I've competed before, and wouldn't mind trying to stick to the approved stuff.

I've never had wraps before. I notice Inzer has 12", 20" and 36" wraps. Does anyone notice a boost from the extra long wraps?
>>
>>35229643
I think you're overstating the importance of GPP and that prehab/general good to do excercises can be done at the end of every workout. I don't see what a 2-4 week block where you introduce a lot of new excercises and train very light would do long term for general athleticism and imbalance prevention.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't do GPP/goodstuff excercises, I'm saying you don't need to screw up your post-meet recovery and just rest instead.
>>
The half-life of radium-226 is 1620 years. How long will it take for the original amount to be reduced by 40%?

how do I improve more consistently on bench?
I can be stuck at a certain weight for weeks
>>
>>35229709
>you're overstating the importance of GPP
Not really. See >>35229692

>I'm saying you don't need to screw up your post-meet recovery and just rest instead.
To each their own. Whether you supplement prior to a training cycle or during, it has it's benefits.

Lifting light can speed recovery instead of inhibiting it.

There are lifters that are exceptions, but for most natty lifters who aren't "professional" powerlifters, GPP and blocks of alternative lower intensity work can actually improve gains over the course of training years.
>>
>>35229493

That's not true of all sheiko routines, as it happens. The ones intended for beginners (and, I think, undersized lifters though I'm fuzzy on that) have a shitton of GPP work not using the comp lifts.
>>
>>35229703
I'd go with the midlength. The 12s hardly seem worthwhile while the 36s are overkill for raw lifters that aren't named Sarychev or Spoto.

>>35229720
What are you doing program wise that you're stuck for weeks at a time?
>>
>>35229737
Beginners as in people who just started lifting? Of course they're not doing the full lifts, it's easier to learn if you're dividing the lifts into smaller parts.

As for weak people, I have only seen the 8week program on the app and that has the full lifts in it. Has Sheiko released other "beginner" programs?

>>35229735
Overstating was maybe a bad choice of words, I don't think an own block for GPP is neccessary. Lighter training sure, but most of the good powerlifting programs alreasy have lighter periods/sessions in them.

>>35229735
>There are lifters that are exceptions, but for most natty lifters who aren't "professional" powerlifters, GPP and blocks of alternative lower intensity work can actually improve gains over the course of training years
Most good programs have blocks that are more focused on volume and less on specificity and intensity in the begginning. This is nothing new.
>>
>>35229861

The beginners stuff isn't breaking down the lifts, its using a wide variety of lifts for GPP purposes (and damn is the program big on GPP in general - one of the workout days is literally "go play sports, you lazy fuck")
>>
>>35229889
>"go play sports, you lazy fuck"
I like this advice.

Too many lifters on this wapanese board come from NO athletic background, then grind away program to program while continually set back by stalls and injury.

A little athleticism (no meme) is good for powerlifters and strength athletes.

Weighted hiking, swimming, ultimate frisbee, hill sprints, barbell complexes, strong-man work, etc.
>>
>>35229902
nope this is a meme and shouldn't taken seriously. At least whenever i try to tell people that it is.
>>
File: The Press.webm (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
The Press.webm
2 MB, 640x640
>>35229902
>A little athleticism

I do push press, does that count?
>>
>>35229889
>The beginners stuff isn't breaking down the lifts
Yes it is, it literally has you learning how to grip the bar in squats as it's own event. This is to make you learn the parts, which will let you learn the whole.

>its using a wide variety of lifts for GPP purposes (and damn is the program big on GPP in general - one of the workout days is literally "go play sports, you lazy fuck")
True, there's a lot of GPP in the "real beginner" programs.

>>35230025
The only meme is doing strongman work if you're not a strongman. I don't think anyone will argue against that doing some cardio will benefit you.
>>
File: grow some balls.jpg (109 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
grow some balls.jpg
109 KB, 540x720
>>35230042
Sure :)

PP is a lot of fun. Any explosive-oriented lift can have a place in powerlifting, IMO.

Also, it's a badass ego lift... they be mirin.

>>35230067
>The only meme is doing strongman work if you're not a strongman.
Have some fun, friend. Strongman work is great for GPP and/or cardio and conditioning.

Tire flips, yoke carries, farmer walks, log pressing, etc.

Lighten up. The big 3 will be there when you get back.
>>
>>35230088

Its great for conditioning, but the risk/reward/stress ratio just isn't there in my experience and I say that as someone who is far more strongman than powerlifter.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 628x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 628x676
>>35230088
>Lighten up. The big 3 will be there when you get back.
Please go back to reddit now
>>
>>35229493
Take what he said and instead of replacing the compounds completely, do compounds with less weight higher volume.
>>
>>35230104
>the risk/reward/stress ratio just isn't there
Yeah, if it turns into a pissing contest, it could get ugly quick.

Can't major in the minors.
>>
>>35230088
>Have some fun, friend. Strongman work is great for GPP and/or cardio and conditioning.
What. Even people who compete in strongman try to do the events as little as possible exactly because they're not good for training, the risk/reward ratio is to high.
>>
>>35230155

Depends on the event and the point of your training cycle.

Strongman is very GPP centric compared to powerlifting because of the breadth of possible events.
>>
>>35230155
No offense, but I'm glad I train at a strongman/powerlifting/bodybuilding/boxing gym.

The people there aren't afraid to try stuff that isn't in their wheelhouse occasionally.
>>
>>35230216
No wonder why you're such a faggot fuk casual
This is why you're so weak and will never be good at powerlifting like me because you take it so casually and have some moronic Reddit views
>>
>>35230178
Yes, but if it's only general athleticism(which I guess is defined as cardio, mobility and OHP:ing a lot) for helping with powerlifting that you're after there's no reason to do strongman work over less injuring activities like swimming, hill sprints etc. Unless you think strongman is fun ofc but then you have the problem that training for two sports bring with it. My point is that I don't see why you would go and lift more weights when you're already competing in lifting weights and you want to build a base of athleticism and GPP

>>35230216
>Doing strongman work as a regular part of your training
>Trying out new things once in a while
It seems like reading comprehension isn't in your wheelhouse
>>
File: oh patrick.png (148 KB, 520x548) Image search: [Google]
oh patrick.png
148 KB, 520x548
>>35230245
Not that I need to get in an e-pissing contest, but I'm well over 400 wilks, and I enjoy what I do.

Can you say the same?

I guess your supplemental work is "seanposting x 4eva".

Lol. Just kidding. Don't be mad.

>>35230272
>It seems like reading comprehension isn't in your wheelhouse
It seems that "intelligent moderation" isn't in yours, either.

Guess we're both 'tarded.
>>
>>35230272

Some strongman events aren't particularly injurious and would probably make for good GPP (stuff like light farmers, alternate stone loads and such).

Some are just more trouble than they're worth.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 550x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 550x404
>>35230297
>r 400 wilks, and I enjoy what I do
Which literally anyone has if they have trained for a max of 3 years

You're weak and pathetic and to top it off, a fucking moron

You actually think you're stronger than me and for what reason? I've been posting my homegym on here for well over 3 years
You think you're stronger than someone with the type of equipment I have, yet Give no reason

Protip I'm stronger than you because I've been training longer than you, am smarter than you and you dont even train the powerlifting lifts, only casually, at a boxing rink

Lmao stay weak and pathetic and stupid and jealous of me, you obsessed mongrel fuck

Now go back to Reddit and brag about having a 400 wilks maybe they might find your babby lifts impressive
>>
File: YKkLyAB.jpg (34 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
YKkLyAB.jpg
34 KB, 750x1334
>>35230342
>never posted a single lift
>never posted a single video
>never posted a single stat
>never offered useful info
>bullies 18 year old boys, infants, insects, and cancer patients
>so lonely that his only friends are on an anime fitness board that can't ban him because of his autistic ability to stand up and reset his internet

K.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
>>35230357
Talking about yourself I see again

Why don't you drag a tire 50 feet on a
Boxing gym and tell me how you're stronger than me

I need a good laugh
>>
>>35230337
Yeah but people want to do the cool stuff. Cause they're enlightened people who knows how to have fun, unlike the guys who doesn't think exactly like they do.

>>35230297
Altough it seems like sucking dicks is in yours
>>
>>35228881
>this man claims natty
>>
>>35230419
>>35230419
When he moved to Canada be started buying test off of me lol
>>
>>35228865
Does John Haack go on /fit/? I met him once and he was wearing a top gun snap back.
>>
>>35230475
Yeah but he barely ever posts
Last time was like 3 months ago
>>
>>35230388
If I was 13 years old, I'd be super-burned.

>>35230371
>tell me how you're stronger than me
Since your total is literally zero, I can't be proud of being stronger than you.

It would be like picking on an infant... which you are familiar with.
>>
Chanko Nabe round two on the stove lads

I am become Sumo
>>
File: 1377451406092.jpg (90 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1377451406092.jpg
90 KB, 612x612
greetings, wise sages.

I come to you seeking a bit of advice.
I've found myself in the peculiar spot of being a volunteer coach for a special olympic powerlifting program. They are 5 highschool students and I will only have the opportunity to work with them 1 day a week for 12 weeks total.
What kind of program can I do that will teach them the movements they need to know while also allowing time for accessory lifts?
I'm thinking of programming some sort of total body all encompassing day and just repeat it each day. Something like
dynamic warmupstretching

beginning with bodyweight and progressing to 85% of max lift for
Squat 2x4-6
Deadlift 1xamrap
Bench 3x4-6
OHP 3x4-6

lightweight dumbbell curls, lateral raises, standing chest fly, for muscle prehab (learned that from chinese weightlifting teams)

IS this feasible or am I insane? I've only done my own programming and usually wouldn't put every lift on one day but considering my time restrictions and the apparent non-professionalism and desperation of the person I'm volunteering for.
>>
>>35230691
Another possibility would be dedicating 3 weeks to deadlift, 3 weeks to squat and 3 weeks to bench/OHP

That would be more for mechanics but maybe it could work with strength building if they add a maintenance set of the movement done in the weeks prior, with a stacking effect.
>>
So this is what my front squat looks like. i can't keep my back vertical because of shitty ankle mobility (even with adipowers) and i can't front rack without straps because of shitty wrist mobility.
>>
the only way i can front squat is if i raise my heels even more, but then sometimes this shit happens.
i feel like front squats target my weakness well but idk if the risk is worth it at this point
>>
>>35230691
>IS this feasible or am I insane?

First, you're a good man. I hope that it is a rewarding experience. Blessing in disguise.

Doing a full-body day would be best.

Keep it simple. Squat, then bench, then maybe deadlift singles working up to a challenging weight.

AMRAP on DL might be too much after squatting.

After that, it's funlift time. Curls, ohp, etc. Make them feel strong and have some fun.

Benefit of doing all 3 big lifts in a day is that you can help them with all 3 every time.

Don't over-complicate the training protocol.

Build good relationships, and try to make the training fun. Build their self-esteem.
>>
>>35230617
And again you project
Go tug a tire around and talk about powerlifting again my dyel mongrel
>>
>>35230701
>>35230709
The first one didn't look bad, honestly. I don't really see what you're talking about with risk.
The second one looked like when those new guys come in the gym for the first time in their normal clothes and try to squat but can't figure out the movement pattern, then leave after two sets with a look of disappointment and self-loathing on their faces.
>>
is a 1005lb total good for a first meet at 181 as a jr?
>>
>>35230747
i can't keep my front rack, my back rounds forward, and its really really hard for light weight. when i lift my heels up it instantly feels stronger, but at the risk of my fucking my shit up.
>>
>>35230709
>>35230701
Why don't you ask the guy in the blue golds gym tank for some tips? He seems pretty big
>>
File: pl yt waifu.png (212 KB, 446x313) Image search: [Google]
pl yt waifu.png
212 KB, 446x313
>>35230751
Absolutely. Did you have fun?

>>35230719
>Go tug a tire
I'll tug your momma's titties and teach her to suck eggs.

>>35230709
>i feel like front squats target my weakness well but idk if the risk is worth it at this point
They've obviously revealed a weakness for sure.

For mobility, try a goblet squat before front squat. Your torso will be upright, and you can "settle in" and loosen up your ankles and hips. Also, foam roll your calves, hammies, and glutes.

As for the front rack, use the bar to "mash" your triceps, and some band work for mobility.

Bryce Lewis's quick upper body warmup is GOAT.
>>
>>35230751
Total doesn't matter in your first meet, just get in, get some experience, and learn for your next meet
>>
>>35230771
my hips were fine, i had already squatted before this and was pretty warm. my ankles are awful and so far nothing i've tried works. i actually have a nagging ankle injury from trying to stretch them a little too aggressively using the barbell stretch. i'll see if the goblet squat makes a difference, but i don't expect much. also i think its wrist mobility that is screwing with my front rack, which i've also been unable to fix, but i'll try some tricep stuff as well. thanks for the suggestions.
my ankles need like another 2 inches of mobility for me to feel comfortable and i don't see myself ever reaching that even with stretching :^(
>>
>>35230652
Half a sumo maybe.
>>
>>35230718
These are great ideas anon, I have to admit I'm quite surprised but I thought I'd give 4chan a shot, some real jewels post here. Thank you honestly.
You're right, fun should come first obviously, I guess I was thinking too seriously about this and optimizing strength progression. I'm just going to show these guys the joys of lifting heavy objects.
Your post has made me happy.
>>
>>35230691

|Hey mate, I think OHP, for your purposes, isn't worth doing.

You're a good man. Best of luck.

>>35230699

This is a pretty good idea.

3 weeks squat
3 weeks bench
3 weeks deadlift
3 weeks full body
>>
>>35230797
If your front rack isn't good, it's easy for everything else to go to hell real quick.

I bet your front squat would look fine with a safety bar.

You could do cross-armed, or zombie style until you have the flexibility. The upper back strength and mobility is a big benefit.

>>35230805
>I'm just going to show these guys the joys of lifting heavy objects.
>Your post has made me happy.
I hope it works out well for you. Coaching young people can be one of the most challenging, yet fulfilling things you do.

Be confident, and inspire them with your passion and enthusiasm.

God-speed, and keep us updated.

>>35230806
>This is a pretty good idea.
>3 weeks squat
>3 weeks bench
>3 weeks deadlift
>3 weeks full body
Yeah, that wouldn't be bad. As long as their attention span holds out.

Sometimes changing activities/lifts more often might keep them engaged more though.

Depends on the age/ability/group size, etc.
>>
>>35230691
from the thumbnail of the pic I thought it was bodorio and bench bro
>>
>>35230833

You could even cycle it:

Squat week
Bench week
Dead week
Skills test

Repeatx3
>>
>>35230833
i tried zombie style, the problem is i can't keep my back upright because my ankles don't travel far enough, i need to have my hands on the bar because of the dip forward
>>
>>35230867
Ask the world gym guy? He's bigger than you and looks alpha chad
>>
>>35230884

can that guy who puts subtitles to webms make a webm of toy story 1 when buzz tells woody that's he's a sad, strange little man, and has his pity?
>>
>>35230900
I'm not sure if I actually have Toy Story... Let me check.
>>
File: IMG_20151212_091705430.jpg (2 MB, 2516x896) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151212_091705430.jpg
2 MB, 2516x896
>>35230900
Why the fuck don't I have Toy Story...
Sorry, friend. Here's a picture of all of my movies (minus The Incredibles, which is upstairs).
>>
>>35230915

Please PLEASE webm Pitch Black next.
>>
File: ThumbsUp.png (200 KB, 530x482) Image search: [Google]
ThumbsUp.png
200 KB, 530x482
>>35230930
Got your back, Jack.
>>
>>35230900
World champ guy prowbbyl fucks way more women then u twink boy
kek
>>
>>35230939

VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN
>>
>>35230915
this makes me sad. it would be my favorite response to sean. that's for checking.
p.s. toy story is a classic, you should get it.
>>35230971
EIGHTY FOUR
I
G
H
T
Y
>>
>>35231051
I intend to. It's on my (very long) list, and the trilogy on DVD is only like $20 on Amazon. My collection is EXTREMELY limited compared to the movies I like/love and want to own... Partially because international movies are expensive and I'm a broke/cheap asshole.
Also, I have quite a few movies that I don't give a shit about (big examples being Elysium and Despicable Me 2). People are like, "YOU LIKE MOVIES, I BET YOU'D LOVE TO HAVE THE HUNGER GAMES ON DVD!"
Could be worse, I guess. Maybe I'll take my unwanted movies to Newbury Comics or something... Get a spare $15 for spending on movies I actually want.
>>
>>35228865
>meet a random grill
>pretty good bantz and stuff
>never take her number
>know a bar she just stopped working at
>go there a week later coz being around
>ask about her
>some bitchy bitch refuses to give the number cause reasons

How the fuck do I deal with this kind of shit?
>>
>>35231234

Higher volume squats seems to work for the lads.
>>
>>35231234
>How the fuck do I deal with this kind of shit?

Go back in time and man up.

Seriously, going back for her number is creepy.

Do it right the first time.

>>35231266
>Higher volume squats
This too. Obviously.
>>
>>35231273
>Seriously, going back for her number is creepy

Even considering I didnt have my phone on me (mentioned that in the convo) and she left in a hurry (she was with a friend who was leaving for another city and the time was up)?
I mean, I pretty much consider it a lost cause, bitch was being bitchy so I said whatever and left. Just wondering if there is a way to deal with this kind of a dragon and win in the future.
>>
File: NaotaEmpty.jpg (39 KB, 259x247) Image search: [Google]
NaotaEmpty.jpg
39 KB, 259x247
>>35231104
And now I'm bummed out, because I just realized how little people actually listen to me when I talk about my hobbies.
>tfw
Related to the general: has anyone here done speed work and actually seen a difference? I've been doing it for a couple of months now, and it kinda feels like my lifts are faster, but not by enough to help me through sticking points.
>>
>>35231371
aww i'm sorry! i didn't know what to say. i do know what you mean about people not understanding their are tastes within hobbies. "oh you like to read?! here's the maximum ride series"
get toy story though. and make me a webm :^)

>question
i feel like mike T knows what he's talking about and that speed work probably does not do much aside from working as a deload imo.
>>
>>35231365
>I didnt have my phone on me
Ummm... write it down?

Or remember it?

Or get her name and Facebook her?

You might be dying alone.
>>
File: FuckIfIKnow.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
FuckIfIKnow.png
12 KB, 560x407
>>35231391
It's not your fault. I had my suspicions, of course.
I also feel that Mike T knows what he's talking about. It is pretty fun, though, so I'm hesitant to get rid of it. I'll probably move my speed work to the middle of the week, in between max effort and volume.
>tfw programming is getting closer and closer to some sort of bizarro TM
>>
>>35231433
that sounds like a good idea to me. some light weights in the middle of the week to give you some rest in between. any extra benefits you might get by going faster will still be there as well.
>>
>>35231402
Yeah, well I blame my autism, but she still left reluctantly and unexpectadly being rushed by her friend. We dont know each other's names.
Just tell me it's not salvagable and I'll give up. I just wanna know how to deal with a bitch friend in the future.
>>
>>35229720
A= A(initial) ((1/2)^(t/h))
Solve for t and eat more
>>
File: pepe7.jpg (12 KB, 353x352) Image search: [Google]
pepe7.jpg
12 KB, 353x352
>talk to guy at uni gym for a few weeks
>cool guy, trains for pl, potential gymbro
>"so anon, do you watch anime?"

why does this always happen?
>>
>>35231371
I know that feel all too well.

I can prattle on about hiking or tube amplifiers if you want someone to ignore.
>>
>>35231748
Honestly, tube amplifiers (had to google it) seem kind of interesting, but I'm really really bad with anything electrical, so I'd struggle to keep up with the conversation. That shit is like black magic to me.
Good to know that I'm not the only one with this feel, though.
>>
>>35231771

You should try talking to people about wine/beer/spirits

It just ain't happening.

>OH HEY MAN I FUCKIN LOVE JAGER!
>>
>tfw when high frequency bench press
>take two whole rest days off from lifting
>super deep dull ache in triceps crops up
>I just want to lift the pain away, this never happens if I keep training
>>
File: pepe.gif (980 KB, 305x320) Image search: [Google]
pepe.gif
980 KB, 305x320
>>
File: TiredOfEarth.jpg (25 KB, 236x360) Image search: [Google]
TiredOfEarth.jpg
25 KB, 236x360
>>35231791
Oi, that must be rough.
I have a feeling that's about as bad as telling other college students that you don't drink at all. They pretend they're cool with it, but you can see the panic in their eyes.
>>
>>35231771
most people are bad with electronics desu. It's all about finding people with similar interests to you and discussing it with them. If I go on about hiking, or you go on about movies in a thread for powerlifting, the crossover interest rate is gonna be a pretty small %, where as if we took our talk to /out/ or /tv/ we'd be in the minority (our talk being powerlifting)
>>
File: 1389283636282373.jpg (98 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1389283636282373.jpg
98 KB, 640x640
>OH HEY MAN I FUCKIN LOVE JAGER!
>>
>>35231850
True. I'm hoping to meet some interesting people in my film class this semester. I took a class on Japanese film last spring, but it was just a bunch of weeaboos (who were quite disappointed to be watching Tokyo Story and Black Rain, kek).
I have a feeling that film majors will be better at conversation than my engineering peers.
>>
>>35231855
Fuck me m8, you too?
>>
>>35231884
>engineering peers

considering STEMs are guaranteed aspies and engies are the worst of the lot... yes, probably.
>>
>>35231855
>>35231892

dont worry friends im here
>>
File: IMG_20151120_012437.jpg (86 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151120_012437.jpg
86 KB, 460x345
Here are some good feels for a good night friends (and Captainbully)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=LLIZii_Ckjg4Chqutc1Dn8UQ&v=fKPsgkfZClQ
>>
>>35232028

Watching this video only makes me sad, because I know this guy's father will never understand how much joy he gets from his hobby, and will just worry about his son.
>>
>>35232028
That's really fucking unsettling.
>>
File: 1446227160779.png (10 KB, 509x88) Image search: [Google]
1446227160779.png
10 KB, 509x88
>>35232052
Look how long ago his first video was.
And stop trying to find the negative in everything you fat shaming bully
>>
>>35232092

It worked tho didn't it burgerbro?
>>
>>35232134
Because you're a fagit who sucks dicks
>>
File: 1413085456703.gif (3 MB, 130x200) Image search: [Google]
1413085456703.gif
3 MB, 130x200
Form check plz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHiYH2Tc-uo
>>
>>35232468

Only for pay
>>
File: brs btfo.webm (2 MB, 976x552) Image search: [Google]
brs btfo.webm
2 MB, 976x552
>>
File: Shome Keehn.jpg (81 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
Shome Keehn.jpg
81 KB, 1080x1080
>>35232475
just streamed that online >for free
would have been beyond pissed if I had payed for that.

>>35232470
check your link lad
>>
>>35232475
i tried posting this like .1 second after you.
christ that punch
>>
File: pepe8.png (17 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
pepe8.png
17 KB, 418x359
> the dilapidated shanty town of rio de janeiro
>>
>>35232490

Should work now.
>>
>>35232475

>People paid $50 for that
>>
>>35232499
Stfu shitposting fagit
>>
>>35232475
why do bad guys always win IRL
>>
File: hearts.jpg (79 KB, 600x726) Image search: [Google]
hearts.jpg
79 KB, 600x726
>>35232500
oi headwall anon how's it going?

looks A LOT better than last time we talked. kind of hard to tell too much from this angle, but at least your hips went down a bit and your back angle is vastly improved. so that's good. is it feeling any better?
>>
>>35232470
no conventional expert but looks fine to me. might want your hips a tad lower if you can get them there without them immediately rising
>>
>>35232514
mcgregor is the good guy tho
>>
>>35232520

It actually feels more difficult with my hips lower. I really don't do much leg work, so maybe that's why. Guess that's a sign I should start squatting. Anyway, It never felt that bad, aside from when I was rounding my back really bad.
>>
who are some good lifters to follow on instagram?

only have filip and norse atm desu
>>
File: teams.png (454 KB, 1929x1720) Image search: [Google]
teams.png
454 KB, 1929x1720
>>35232532
>Guess that's a sign I should start squatting
nigga...
but if it is feeling harder that way, I would suggest doing things like taking the slack out of the bar, bracing properly, and continue to improve your form.

this video helped me quite a bit to learn to take the slack out of the bar, so hopefully you get something out of it too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu0NFUZ9vew
>>
>>35232520

Is that one of those tit coffee places?
>>
File: drive through.jpg (347 KB, 1181x1100) Image search: [Google]
drive through.jpg
347 KB, 1181x1100
>>35232542
maybe it is, maybe it's not
>>
>>35232542
>>35232547
who would actually pay the crazy prices for that shit lmao

costs me like $7 for a whole lb of ground coffee at the store.
>>
>>35232541

People hate the Vikings? Isn't that like hating the Chargers/Jaguars/Browns?
>>
File: kitchen.jpg (63 KB, 399x600) Image search: [Google]
kitchen.jpg
63 KB, 399x600
>>35232553
the same kinds of people who think strip clubs are a good use of money.
sex sells, anon.

>>35232561
look who my top rated team is.
>>
>>35232553

I don't get it. You can just make a cup of coffee for like $1.50 and go stare at women at the beach. What's the appeal of spending three times as much to stare at the same pair of tits but get an inferior cup of coffee?
>>
>>35232563
Fuck off Alex you shitposting loser fuck
>>
>>35232563

I guess... Maybe I just never understood rivalries.
>>
File: godgers demin.jpg (17 KB, 236x353) Image search: [Google]
godgers demin.jpg
17 KB, 236x353
>>35232579
no u

>>35232580
desu I probably could switch the loins and viqueens, but whatever, I really don't like either of them.
>>
>>35232589
Green fag fudepackers suck penis and Aaron gaygers is objectively a fag

Kek
>>
>>35232541

Thanks for the video. I'll try that next time.
>>
File: best QB ever and some cheater.jpg (134 KB, 660x400) Image search: [Google]
best QB ever and some cheater.jpg
134 KB, 660x400
>>35232596
top banter.
>>
>>35232604
Thanks mr. O
>>
File: fourcountemFOUR.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fourcountemFOUR.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>35232604
>>
File: seacucked.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
seacucked.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>35232630
tBh gonna be a bummer when him and BB retire. gonna be fun to watch the wheels fall off of the patriots bandwagon tho.
>>
File: image.jpg (293 KB, 1888x1062) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293 KB, 1888x1062
Tom Brady is literally a kek desu

His wife fucks niggers and he knows about it, this is established fact
>>
File: giselle and tom.jpg (317 KB, 1536x1158) Image search: [Google]
giselle and tom.jpg
317 KB, 1536x1158
>>35232648
that game was so amazing. lived up to the hype, and the team that I wanted to win actually won. was nice. should have been the Owl matchup but fucking Brandon Bostick's dumb ass though he could catch the ball with his facemask better than Jordy Nelson could with his hands.
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 600x600
>>35232670
I'm looking forward to my Carolina Panthers making up for that SB loss in '04

Fuck Adam Vinatieri
>>
>>35232689
>not posting the superior Riverboat Ron gif
file too large, but here
https://giant.gfycat com/ConcreteClosedAmericanblackvulture.gif
>>
>>35232641
as a seahawks fan you're triggering me
>>
File: pepe10.jpg (18 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
pepe10.jpg
18 KB, 251x242
>the abandoned ghost town of charlotte NC
>>
File: sherman got cucked.webm (2 MB, 700x422) Image search: [Google]
sherman got cucked.webm
2 MB, 700x422
>>35232717
>as a seahawks fan
underage b&
>>
File: 1443904178080.jpg (246 KB, 640x574) Image search: [Google]
1443904178080.jpg
246 KB, 640x574
>>35232746
>>35232746
>>
>>35232470
You doublenigger it's not a form check if you post a video from your phone taped to your ankle and you're mid lift when the video starts

We need a little more distance from you and don't cut it so close we can't see your set up
>>
Lads I'm going to be the next Brad Gillingham in the IPF, and going to take his Deadlift record younger than when he got it, and natty too.

Watch me.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 418x359
>the potatonigger slum of Boston Massachusetts
>>
File: pepe6.png (17 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
pepe6.png
17 KB, 418x359
>the black majority ghetto of any carolina
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 418x359
>the dilapidated SJW shanty town of New England
>>
File: when someone thinks Im cool.jpg (79 KB, 640x746) Image search: [Google]
when someone thinks Im cool.jpg
79 KB, 640x746
ded thread
>>
>>35230867
Maybe you could not go balls deep.
>>
Just read how to squat 900 lbs by bud jeffries.
Zercher squats, yes? no?
>>
>>35231371
Had some mindset and technique benefits from doing it, but can't say whether it helped more than some other protocol would.
>>
File: pepe7.png (17 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
pepe7.png
17 KB, 418x359
>the 4th world anarcho-primitivist nationstate of north carolina
>>
>THE CITY OF WEIDMAN
>>
File: Bicep_Resize.jpg (189 KB, 700x1004) Image search: [Google]
Bicep_Resize.jpg
189 KB, 700x1004
Is this the natty limit?

>select images with bread
>>
>>35233141

Fuck zerchers.

There's a couple of legit uses for them, but for the most part they're just a good way to tear up your elbows and round your back.
>>
>>35233141
Do you roid?
>>
>tfw plg died before Christmas
>tfw no Christmas plg
>>
Hey lads, could you check my form? I feel something's wrong with it but I'm not quite sure what it could be?

https://youtu.be/RxhdZYLsKZE

Thanks in advance lads.
>>
>>35233723
What the fuck
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B3uJ8bGQ3Io
>>
How much will a soft floor fuck up squats?
>>
>>35233755
Mirin?
https://youtu.be/0KUshrfdhYM
>>
>>35233791
What the fuck am I watching
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PpntY6v8rig
>>
>>35233823
Technical mastery is what you see there lad.
>>
>>35228981
I have ruptured my discs at l4 l5 & l5 s1. I got 182.5 sq and 200 dl during my last meet 2 weeks ago. Go for it anon.
>>
>>35233723
basically kk
>>
>>35230701
>>35230709
fucking shit form, shitstained kekboy
>>
>wilks btfo'd by ed coan
whats the history there
>>
>>35234050
>Coan do drug
>Wilks anti drug
>Coan very salty
>>
>>35234050
Don't quote me on this, but I think I remember someone at my club telling me that wilks was the main person who got ed coan banned from the IPF.
>>
>>35234332
well that would rustle some feathers
>>
>>35234332
>>35234370
Probably shouldn't have used steroids
>>
>>35234428
That's why I never really understood why so many people like him. The guy most likely cheated his way through the IPF. I guess he's pretty cool as a person, a bit arrogant though.
>>
>>35234491
erryone cheated then
>>
>>35234491
I don't really get why some guys in the IPF like him, I guess because he was strong.
As for lolfedders, they're all insecure cheaters and they like him because he was strong AND because he used drugs.

>>35234505
Then why didn't everyone get caught like Eddie?
>>
>>35234521
who do you think gets tested more? the one blkowing the fuck out of the competition or his competition?
>>
>>35234525
Do you think only one person gets tested per competition? Using your logic, why didn't Kirk or any other of the strong fuckers get caught?
>>
>>35234540
you're an idiot
>>
>>35233890
How did that happen lad?
>>
>>35234545
>Everyone cheats!!1!!!11
>But only this guy gets caught because he's tested slightly more than his competition
Yeah, I'm the idiot here.
>>
>>35234589
>Yeah, I'm the idiot here.
this i agree with
>>
Gonna test my 1rms this week lads. Hoping to get
>110 bench (not very good since I've had shoulder surgery)
>180 squat
>230 diddle

Bw sitting around ~85

The 4 plate squat will be a nice way to finish the year if I hit it. Will record and post sometime later on this week.
>>
>>35234839
Smesh it lad
>>
Is it alright to feel that my back is working, when high bar squatting, during the ascend out of the hole? Haven't done them in ages so I don't know what I should be feeling kek
>>
In the sumo deadlift, is it a biomechanical advantage to keep arms in line with the bar while pulling and extending the arms before pulling such that they are as long as possible, in order to keep a vertical bar path?
>>
>>35234961
From a physics standpoint your back should not work at all. If your highbar isnt that upright it might demand more from your back due to the longer lever arm.
>>
>>35235000
>that they are as long as possible
This is what you want in any deadlift
>>
>>35234839
What happened to your shoulder lad?
>>
>>35235013
I wouldn't say that I'm experiencing the same sort of feeling that I got from low bar squatting. It just feels like my back is trying to maintain straightness. I do lean a bit when squatting.
>>
how to have sixpacks as a powerlifter?
>>
>>35235039
ask Jesse Norris or Natty Layne kek
>>
How much does Hancott cut to get down to 74kg?
>>
>>35235013
>physics standpoint
>relevant in a biomechanical discussion
still wrong though. your back has to work during a squat. do you think your torso is upright because of just your abs or something?
>>
Did incline for the first time
Am I suppose to feel it immediately in my front delts? Couldn't tell if it was soreness or pain. Still no idea.

Also how do I become more explosive doing pendlay rows? I am really slow at them.
>>
>>35231741
"nah, but i post on a filipino anime board"
>>
>>35235129
Yeah nah. From a purely physics point of view isometric holding is not work. In real life that's just silly tho, just like you said.
>>
>>35235344
From a purely high school remedial (or American) level point of view you're right. But the force is stored as stress in the material, so is like potential energy or w/e. This obv is part of physics.
>>
>>35235344
Are you serious?
>>
>>35235287
>incline
yeah, the more upright you are the more your delts are involved as the primary mover. maybe you have weak delts

>explosive
do it lighter and more explosively.

>>35235344
>contraction
>not work

>implying supporting structures don't constitute work
>implying purely physics point of view is relevant
>>
>>35235129
from a physics standpoint the movements you do and the forces associated are described near perfectly

stop raping physics
>>
This is almost as good as baiting /sci/ with numerical approximation
>>
>>35235463
i don't understand that point you're trying to convey with this post
>>
>>35230701
I use a really wide stance for FSquats, seems to combat my pisspoor mobility.
>>
>>35235287
>Also how do I become more explosive doing pendlay rows? I am really slow at them.

Use lighter weight
>>
>>35235500
biomechanics is just physics applied to studying human movement
physics is actually not just what you read in ss about lever arms
>>
>>35235562
implying the original sentiment was incorrect?

>biomechanics is relevant
>physics is a component of biomechanics
that doesn't mean looking solely at physics is relevant, and its inclusion is implied in the discussion of biomechanics
>>
>>35235129
>do you think your torso is upright because of just your abs or something?
your lower back does nothing for the uprightness of the back. its keeps the back straight (not rounded) and rigid, glutes and hamstrings dictate back angle
>>
>>35235700
if the whole spine is in flexion, yet the pelvis is in neutral, upright position, is that an upright torso? no.

and do you think the back only refers to lower back?
>>
>>35235590
>biomechanics is relevant
>physics is a component of biomechanics
no, biomechanics is a very small subset of physics
>>
>>35235763
for a highbar squat, there is very little component on the lower back to make the spine extended if its otherwise upright.
and your upper back doesnt do any more to keep your back upright than your lower back.
>>
>>35235782
>arguing minor technicalities as if they further the discussion
why

>>35235804
just because the spine is 'stacked' doesn't mean the back muscles don't work to keep it in that position. theyre not like building blocks.

and obviously you think the back is just
>traps
>lats
>lower back

>implying engaged traps/lats aren't spinal stabilisers

what about
>iliocostalis
>spinalis
>longissimus
>multifidus
>QL
>>
>>35235859
>just because the spine is 'stacked' doesn't mean the back muscles don't work to keep it in that position
the work is still minimal. i admit that saying "lower back does nothing" is an exaggeration but he still shouldnt really feel a highbar squat in his back.

>implying traps do shit to stabilize your spine
>implying the little back extension lats contribute means shit
>implying i ever talked about only the erectors
>implying QL isnt lower back
>implying the small muscles make any of my arguments any different

you sound like someone who just read an anatomy book for the first time ever
>>
>>35235921
>the work is still minimal
if you front squat the bar and only the bar ever in your life

>implying muscles attached to the spine don't stabalise the spine
>implying anyone said lats extend the spine
>implying a talk about back muscles keeping the spine erect doesn't include spinal erectors
>knowing the QL yet not understanding its function
>implying you don't feel small muscles/they don't contribute

you sound like someone who has never done a front rack movement or even read an anatomy book. maybe you should give both a go before putting your opinion forward
>>
>>35230652
Sumo dls r for fags :^)
>>
Brehs what do I do for upper body
I'm at 1/2/4/4.5
>>
>>35235989
>if you front squat the bar and only the bar ever in your life
since when are we talking about front squats?

>implying muscles attached to the spine don't stabalise the spine
no, the traps really don't.
>implying lats just magically "stabilize" the spine cause they have attach to it
the reason lats are important is the slight amount of leverage they have to extend the spine. its not like deadlifts twist your spine laterally.
>implying a talk about back muscles keeping the spine erect doesn't include spinal erectors
good job completely missing my point
>knowing the QL yet not understanding its function
yeah, back flexion rotation is so important to keeping your back upright
>implying the small muscles do anything significant enough to warrant a feel in a highbar squat which were talking about
>>
i am indian and let me tell you, being indian is actually a great thing. we have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like any race. I for 1 am a great person, have great friends, and i take care of every one that is in my life and i am glad to do it, and for that i have people that love me around me. also, indian parents are one of the best parents you can have. sometimes they can be really strict, but they will take care of you no matter what, and they will buy you what ever it is that you need. as long as your not a selfish shithead. Also, we all have great jobs, lots of money and a family that we all love and take care off.
>>
>>35236014

troof
>>
>>35236055

K3K you can't even bench 2 plate ahahahahah
>>
>>35236052
that was nice sean
>>
>>35236073

I'm tk I can prove it if you'd like
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.