[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I only got the time/willpower to work out 2 times a week. What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 450838478-jpg.jpg (215 KB, 745x875) Image search: [Google]
450838478-jpg.jpg
215 KB, 745x875
I only got the time/willpower to work out 2 times a week.

What's my best bet, routine-wise?

I'm currently doing a push-pull-like split.
>>
>>35227255
>I only got the time/willpower to work out 2 times a week.
not gonna make it
>>
>>35227279

I already look good enough, I just want the optimal 2day workout plan to keep making some gains.
>>
>>35227255
>2 times a week
Pro tip you wont make it
>>
>>35227287
>good enough
Pics plz
>>
>>35227287
you just gave me excuses, if I tried to help you I know you'd just make more. nut up and hit the gym more
>>
>>35227255

Full-body routine. Do some sort of SS variation to fit your schedule.
>>
>>35227255
the 'l' doesn't stand for 'like'
>>
post pics anon
>>
Do squat, bench and pull ups both days. Do deadlifts one of the days and some deadlift variation the other day.
>>
>>35227255
>I already look good enough, I just want the optimal 2day workout plan to keep making some gains.
Do full body both days, it's your best option, you won't do much gains, but if you just want to keep what you've got it's probably best, I would do the same thing both days, I would focus on big compounds with 5x5 reps, an accesory lift for each muscular group 4x12 reps and some isolation for arms if you feel like.
>>
File: eos.jpg (130 KB, 955x569) Image search: [Google]
eos.jpg
130 KB, 955x569
>>35227335

Hrm, okay. No current pics (it's the winter, I'm fat, who even takes pictures).

Here's my pictures end of summer (so a few months back). For around 6 months at that point I've been doing 2 45min half-assed workouts a week, working and commuting for 12 hours a day with 1 proper meal if that.

I want to watch my diet a bit more and rest better, but I can't probably fit more than 2 sessions a week, since I'm getting a demanding job again and have quite a few things going on apart from that as well.
>>
>>35227287
>I already look good enough
is that what your mom tells you faggot?

someone get this dyel shit outta here
>>
>>35227380

That's quite a different approach than what I've been going with.

Here's my current routine for further discussion:

Monday:

Weighted pull-ups usually 3x4-5 (going heavy is the best way I've found to make progress on this)
Squats/Leg press 3x5
Press, smith machine, 4x8 or so, depending on how many reps I drop
Then some tricep and bicep work

Thursday:

Cable work for chest, crossovers standing and leaning, 5x8 or so (sometimes bench if I can get a spotter and weighted dips if I got my belt and my shoulder's don't hurt)
Lateral raises 4x10
Deadlifts 3xheavy sets, as close to my max as I can get without a belt and usually without straps
Smith machine bent over rows 3x8
Shrugs 4x10
Ab work
>>
>>35227466
Can you fit in bodyweight stuff?
If so I suppose you can some get back, chest, triceps and biceps with pullups, chinups, pushups, and those diamond pushups. Then situps and shit for core ofc.
Then use the 2 days of actual workout for something like 5x5 or 3x5 with some additional stuff you don't hit the rest of the time, probably supersetting as much as possible to fit it all in.
The pictures don't show us much though OP, you look big in the first 1 and dyel in the 2nd.
>>
>>35227511

That's quite rude, not everyone's goal is to look xbox huge.

I'm happy with having low enough body fat that I look fit in the beach.
Keeps me relatively healthy, great looking in clothes and I get to not obsess over everything.

Contain your dysmorphia and focus on my questions.
>>
Read this OP:
>http://www.bakerstrengthcoaching.com/training-on-imperfect-schedules-part-1-training-twice-per-week/

He co-wrote the 3rd edition of Practical Programming, so he probably knows a thing or two about this stuff.
>>
>>35227611
>I-I don't want to get to big
confirmed for forever dyel
>>
File: tr.jpg (47 KB, 348x468) Image search: [Google]
tr.jpg
47 KB, 348x468
>>35227568

Pictures don't even matter, I'm asking for some objective ideas about a better constructed 2 day program. I'm 1.85 and around 80kgs and rather lean, so I'm not huge but I'm not untrained.

I do some chins at home but I got no weights currently (just moved and haven't brought em with). Everything else is a bit too messy to do outside of the gym, and it's more convenient if I do everything there.
Or are you suggesting I do bodyweight things at the gym? I can do like 20+ chinups if I'm fresh, and I don't even train for that so I don't think bodyweight is the way to go to be efficient with my time.
>>
>>35227636

Thanks, that might be useful, having a read.
>>
>>35227511
Faggot if I wanted your shit I'd go bang your mom and then steal your ps3
>>
>>35227636

Alright, it doesn't seem it's that far from what I'm doing. About the same rep ranges I'm at, perhaps a bit more volume than what I do and a few more compounds. I will probably try to go that way.
>>
>>35227700
Nah, i'm saying do bodyweight at home for a couple days if you can, so you're at least doing something. Mostly pushups i'd say, your chest is lagging.
>>
>>35227885
*in addition to the 2 days gym
**pullups too, you can never have enough back
>>
>>35227885

I doubt push-ups will really help me with that, I barely feel anything and I can do way more than the standard 5-12 that's the ideal hypertrophy range.

I got pectus, so it's not exactly my chest lagging (and I do about twice as much volume for my chest than I do for anything else to make sure it doesn't lag).

I enjoy pull-ups (I don't particularly enjoy anything else desu). I'll probably do some during the weekends when I get my dumbells, but, again, it's going to be high rep work because I'm approaching the point where the largest dumbell I can make is lower than my working weight for pull-ups.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.