[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any upsides to having aspergers? [SERIOUS]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 1426722155127.jpg (201 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
1426722155127.jpg
201 KB, 470x595
Are there any upsides to having aspergers? [SERIOUS]
>>
File: 1448971131608.jpg (245 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448971131608.jpg
245 KB, 1280x720
knowing the train schedule out of back of your head might come useful
>>
>>35225102
Why would there be?
It's a condition that prevents people from being able to have normal social interactions, and attract sexual partners, or even relate to regular, 3 dimensional television, forcing them into watching childrens cartoons made in China.
>>
I'm good at trivial pursuit
>>
>>35225102
I knew a kid with aspergers back in highschool.
Weird kid.
He was also gay and tried hitting on me. Asked to rub my stomach for $2.
>>
>>35225102
asperger helps you follow a self made routine and makes following a routine a must, just to stay alive. therefore, great potential in bodybuilding game.
otherwise, the motive. aspies don't have it. i am personally asexual and only lift for the sake of wasting all of my energy and not thinking about the future and life in general. aspies have different aspirations than normal fags (neurotypicals), therefore, most of them don't ever get to lifting. i do 6 days a week of lifting and the rest day is the toughest day of the week. i keep my self sedated with Lorazepam and Xanax just to survive it.
on the big picture, there are no upsides to it. it makes your life a living hell when you go over the age of 25 and you have nothing left to do to keep your self entertained. again, depending on the kind of autism (region of the brain affected), rightsiders will become beta engineers, leftsiders usually an hero before the age of 30 or become faggy artists
>>
>>35225290
Did you let him?
>>
>>35225102
I always assume I have autism because I am so weird but whenever I do the online aspergers tests I score really low and nowhere near the autistic range? what else could be wrong with me if not aspergers?
>>
>>35225355
It was the easiest damn $2 I ever made

>No, I told him to fuck off
>>
>>35225351
Digging your own grave lad

Granted I'm barely 20, I can't speak for life after 25, but I'm not doing nearly as bad as all that (yet)
>>
>>35225400
Everything else mate.
>>
>>35225444
too early to tell, mate
if your left side is affected you should start to patternize everything at the age of 21. from that point on, you won't be able to enjoy tv shows, movies, sports, vidya, books or anything else really. it comes as something highly depressive after a lifetime of movies, tv series, vidya, books... you start ruining all of it for your friends and start losing them as you do. you can't enjoy a conversation with neurotypicals. pretty much everything makes you rage.
if your anomaly is on the right side, you can spend a liftime watching idiotic cartoons and still feel nothing repeating.
>>
>>35225505
Where are you getting this bullshit m8?
>>
>>35225505
ive never heard about different sided autism
>>
>>35225538
lifetime of experience, reading, talking to psychotherapiests, attending autism support groups etc. . where do you get your info?

>>35225566
depending on you "special talent", it's either your left or right side. rightsiders are good at math, physics, chemistry, coding... usually have ocd and related conditions. are beta as fuck. try social, fail social. usually graduate college. example: Nikola Tesla.
leftsiders are good at arts. writing, drawing, music... some fail socially. some are beta, some are alpha, some are gamma. example: Richard D. James.

i think i made my self clear.
>>
File: HYo3Q4t.png (466 KB, 535x363) Image search: [Google]
HYo3Q4t.png
466 KB, 535x363
>>35225505
Please elaborate, sir,.
>>
>>35225642
So basically you have no credentials? You could have said that in far fewer words.

Second part of your post is not specific to autists either, that's just right- and left hemisphere qualities.

Where are you getting this nonsense
>f your left side is affected you should start to patternize everything at the age of 21. from that point on, you won't be able to enjoy tv shows, movies, sports, vidya, books or anything else really. it comes as something highly depressive after a lifetime of movies, tv series, vidya, books... you start ruining all of it for your friends and start losing them as you do. you can't enjoy a conversation with neurotypicals. pretty much everything makes you rage.

Sounds to me like you're generalizing your own bad experience. Feel free to correct me :^)
>>
>>35225717
i have a masters degree in developmental psychology/pedagogy (europe fag here), so i know what i am talking about.
as for left/right shit, the sympthoms are the same early on.they differentiate as the brain develops. for example, leftsiders have eye-contact problem all their life. rightsiders tend to get psycho eyes as their brain develops.

also, all of the leftsiders in my support group are suicidal and are doing drugs.
rightsiders have different aspirations and usually are dedicated to their work and have relationship problems (golddigger wife fucking other people etc.)
>>
>>35225865
forgot to add reasons for leftsiders being suicidal/on drugs. they have a hard time getting paid for their specific talents. they lack social aspirations.
>>
>>35225865
Pardon me if you don't sound like a master's anything to me ;^) I'll think of you when I find any of this in a credible source though.
>>
>>35225898
i have no problem with you remaining ignorant.
>>
>>35225917
It would appear I'm left sided... but not completely? Is there a borderline type condition?
>>
>>35225898
This.
You study one fucking intro unit of psychology and all of a sudden you've got a masters on the internet.
>>
>>35226069
developmental psychology/pedagogy is a totally different college than general psychology. i started off as a primary school teacher. developmental psychology is directed to children.
>>35226042
not everyone diagnosed with asperger syndrome has it. what are you general interests?
>>
>>35225102
There can be I guess.

Friend of mine has aspergers and although he´s socially weird (not beta, but loud and often inaproptiate. Quite hilarious usually) he's very focussed on certain interests like movies and music. He's managed to get some jobs as a movie reviewer and he often writes movie stuff.

So if you manage to turn your aspergers into something productive it can be a plus I guess.
>>
>>35226100
That's a nice way of looking at things, but I'd argue anything a person with Asperger's can do, a neurotypical person can do better.

Unless you view them as cogs with a highly specific task in the context of that task alone. People with Asperger's just don't make very good human beings.
>>
>>35226132
not according to people with asperger syndrome
everything's subjective
>>
>>35226132
True, but my point is that it doesn't determine your whole life. You can still live a great and productive life with aspergers, especially if you're so lucky that your extreme focus on certain topics can be usefull.

I have an aunt with asbergers too but she's a sad catlady. It really depends.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1536x2048
>>35225898
>>35226069
>>35226097
Okay except these anons are correct. You literally took intro psych and you're trying to explain the complexes of a mental disorder through hemispherical means. You're literally like the idiots who act like they can read other people's minds after intro psych
>fucking kill yourself you liberal arts retard
>>
>>35226186
u mad tho?
>>
>>35225865
wasn't left/right side confirmed as meme ages ago?
>>
>>35226220
>>
>>35225505
I'm not the guy you are replying to but

>you should start to patternize everything at the age of 21

this is happening/happened to me. I am excelling at everything I do in life because of it though. I think I understand most things in life better then the average person because of it.
>>
>>35226281
and you do. making your problems harder to deal with, because majory of people never have to deal with it, so you can't rely on other people's experience with it.
you find regular people's problems to be easy to solve.
>>
anybody else noticed how people with any type of autism are usually ugly?
>>
>>35226499
yeah
asymetrical faces = ugly
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.