[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how am i supposed to make serious gains when my wrists, elbows,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: donut day.jpg (150 KB, 605x567) Image search: [Google]
donut day.jpg
150 KB, 605x567
how am i supposed to make serious gains when my wrists, elbows, shoulder and knee joints always sore
>>
>>35224201
I ask myself this all the time :(
>tfw left shoulder and elbow both tendonitis
>tfw right arm is making gains while my left recovers
In all honesty save money see a PT, search up on youtube for any kind of help on your issues and try them all
>>
>>35224201
are you 90 years old? Do you have rheumatoid arthritis? Get your shit fixed son
>>
>>35224226
i dont know whats wrong with me

its not an issue of bad form or anything, my joints have always ached

i love lifting and would like to start using roids some day, and id want to train 6-7 days per week, but i know theres no way my joints would be able to handle that

feels bad
>>
You might want to set off some time to do technique work. Very light weight, slow and controlled (even paused) reps. Muscle gains can go through the roof for beginners, but their joints don't necessarily keep up with the muscles.

Do you have a history of joint pains, or did you start lifting from a very sedentary lifestyle?
>>
>>35224201
>that guy's quads on the right
Goddamn manlets.
>>
>>35224405
Rippletits is fucking over countless novice lifters. Someone who hasn't lifted before shouldn't be increasing their lifts by 5 and 10 lbs every single session.
>>
>>35224201
stop doing accutane
>>
>>35224201
Take a 20% deload and work back up in 5 or 10lb increments. Do not increase the amount of set or reps you are doing. Ligaments do not strengthen as fast as muscles so you need to give them time to adapt. By not getting injured you will get stronger over the long term.
>>
Lower the winny, up the deca
>>
>>35225076
>>35224405
so this means that they will probably strengthen if I keep doing these?
not op by the way

I did aikido as a kid but it wasn't too easy on my wrists so now I have problems with my bench and OHP, and can't really use dumbbells. Will this ever be better?
>>
>>35225126
Yes you will. Do a 20% deload when your wrists or connective tissue get too sore. Do not do more reps like the other guy suggests, unless it's with just the bar. Also hold the bar like Rip suggests for bench and press.
https://youtu.be/CnBmiBqp-AI?t=1m46s
>>
>>35225076
>>35225188
not op but same problem.

so lets say I bench 75kg and my wrist starts hurting. I take 20% off next time
-> 60 kg
and do my usual 8 reps and slowly increase the weight again?
so
60kg
65kg
70kg
75kg ?
>>
>>35224201
is that gzcl

did he jump on gear
>>
>>35225203
Yes it can help, think of it as letting your connective tissue "catch up" to your strength gains. Adding chinups or curls can also help elbow tendonitis.
>>
>>35224201
you learn that the reason they're sore is due to an imbalance in musculature surrounding the joint. Not a strength imbalance, just tightness in the musculature. Learn some basic anatomy, foam roll your shit and you'll feel amazing.
>>
>>35225076
>>35225219
>>35225188
more?
>>
>>35225188
I do the rippletoad grip but I guess I increased the weight too fast. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>35225313
https://www.instagram.com/sadafcutie/

>>35225336
Wrist wraps are also a thing if it persists. Mark Bell's gangsta wraps are very popular, don't use any myself.
>>
>>35225126
If you have problems with your wrists, try making sure you're using the correct grip (See the video in >>35225188 or Justin Lascek's OHP video). Consider doing some plain pushups too - If regular pushups are too tough on them, do incline ones.
>>
>>35224250
are/were you like 400lbs?
>>
Fish oil mein niger
>>
>>35224201
I have the same issue. I was in the army, where I walked an average of 35 kilometers per day, and lifted heavy shit, which made one of my knees very sore. I can't run, I can't do proper squats or dead lifts, it's too painful. Wat do?
>>
>>35224201
Shit sucks man, I'm in a similar condition. Do you eat a lot af dairies? Since I cut out milk and cheese I've had a lot less problems
>>
>>35226395
Stretch, foamroll and stretch more Everything from hips down.. You need to take some tension off those tendons. And if its musclepain, the rolling and stretching will fix that.
>>
File: 0154 - O65enXc.png (55 KB, 400x276) Image search: [Google]
0154 - O65enXc.png
55 KB, 400x276
>>35225420
fuarkkkkkkkkk
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.