[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of lifting is life is meaningless and we're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: cool guy.jpg (50 KB, 564x719) Image search: [Google]
cool guy.jpg
50 KB, 564x719
What's the point of lifting is life is meaningless and we're all going to die anyway?
>>
>>35222854
Serious question: why not kill yourself then?
>>
>>35224044
well that'd be meaningless too.
>>
>>35222854
Imagine this: you do not own knowledge. Knowledge is just information of the universe that is reflected through your mind. You cannot create knowledge or control knowledge.

Imagine this: Is the light that comes off of the moon it's own light? No, instead it is the reflection of the light that comes from the sun.

Just as the moon reflects light, you reflect information.
>>
>>35224077
I see a man who has come to realize he's disgusted with the person he's become. He fears it's too late to turn away, he's gone too far, and perhaps he should simply embrace it (the ego, or "self-indulgent pitiful hole"). Then, in the pit of his disgrace, he has an epiphany. The moon, as "full and bright" as it is, cannot and does not rely on its own self to be at its "maximum," as it were. It seeks the light from the "sun," an endless source of energy and life (for this planet, at least). Just like it, the man should seek guidance, recognize his own imperfections, and accept help from a "higher order" (be it reason, religion, spirituality, anything), in order to be truly whole or happy, or reach a sort of enlightenment. But when you just accept yourself as you are, you're no better than the moon without the sun, just a "lifeless satellite"
>>
>>35222854
What's the point of not lifting if life is meaningless and we're all going to die anyway?
>>
>>35222854
Provide a logical bridge or impetus for moving from scepticism (the only uncontentious epistemological starting point) to nihilism.

Protip: you cant

If you can accept this you see nihilism never gets off the ground, you will also see that you'll be better served by choosing an ideology with some advantages over nihilism:

Christian theology (pascal's wager)
Virtue Ethics (self-improvement)
Satre's utility/Epicureanism (pursuit of pleasure)

Now go read a book before talking about adult things
>>
>>35222854
Everything is meaningless. I feel like the only things that matters, are those that make you happy. Lifting makes me happy, money does not.
>>
>>35222854

Enjoy Arby's.
>>
>>35224155
You're a fucking joke yourself, kid. Sartre (not Satre, but typos happen) didn't believe in philosophy of pleasure or epicureanism. His existentialism was fundamentally based on the futility of life.
>>
File: 29.jpg (439 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
439 KB, 1200x1500
lifting and being active keeps you grounded in your phyiscal form and prevents you from getting too existential about life.
>>
>>35224070
Fulfilling your physical needs is pointless, might as well stop eating and drinking right
>>
>>35224155
>implying nihilism is always negative
>implying it's not the most liberating feeling in the world to realize you and everything around you is absolutely meaningless and absurd
>>
I'm right there with you man.

What's the point of grinding out a full time job to get home and prepare for the next day of your job, then go to sleep before waking up and going back to work, waiting for the weekend when you can finally do all the person jobs you had to do all week but couldn't to then go to sleep on Sunday night and start again.

after 45 years of this you get to sit around and do nothing, or do something meaningless to pass the time before you die.

What's the actual point though?

I'd have killed myself long before this but I have a family to look after. The only reason I live is for a responsibility I never asked for nor benefit from having.
>>
I mean honestly what else would you be doing with your time? You're on a Cantonese knitting forum complaining about the futility of life, so I'm assuming you'd just be drowning in your self-loathing otherwise. If you don't have the balls to kill your self stop shilling depressing nihilism m8, at least use it as ammo in pursuing something.

>"If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss gazes into you."
Stop toying with nihilism if you can't handle the knowledge/burden, because once you learn it you'll never unlearn it. Unless you wanna end up like Nietzsche I suppose..
>>
>>35224341
Don't have a shitty job.
>>
>>35224266
not fulfilling my needs is also pointless
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.