[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how exactly did out ancestors: who didn't have any gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 726x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 726x1000
So, how exactly did out ancestors: who didn't have any gym memberships get /fit/ and ripped? Or how about the people living in primitive parts of Africa?

How does one get shredded without going to the gym, that being said excercise is sill an option. Just no gym.
>>
Spend all fucking day doing intense physical labor
>>
GOMAD & SS w/branches
>>
>>35222167
It's hard to say if they were "ripped" and "shredded" like we assume them to be. Certainly, they were a lot healthier and fitter than us as all they would do is chase and haul all natural food around for survival.
>>
Same reason apes are ripped m8
>>
>>35222167

They threw rocks around and did pullups on trees
>>
Boulder throw 5xfailure
>>
I doubt they were swole, just low bf.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 528x505) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 528x505
>>35222167
>>
>>35222167
HIIT and functional strength
>>
>>35222222
>>
Starting sticks
>>
>>35222167
if you actually worked a manual labour job you would see, most of the guys where i work are pretty muscular and they've only ever worked in this box factory

literally just do some heavy work 8 hours a day and you'll get gains as >>35222173
said
>>
>>35222219
>>35222241
Perfect :^]
>>
>>35222423
kek
>>
>>35222423

Unberrated boast
>>
>>35222167
Why do they always put them in these gay ass poses?
>>
Pretty much all human cultures did some form of strength training and martial arts.

Ancient cultures like Greeks and Romans lifted weights, dumbbells, and rocks.

The ancient Nordic peoples had a sport of rock carrying. To become a man you had a carry a heavy ass rock a certain distance.
>>
>>35222167
are you actually retarded
>>
>>35222517
>gay ass pose
>>
>>35222167
I love that smug ass expression

>I smeared my shit all over the clan runts club, top gug!
>>
>>35222183
>healthier
>fitter
I think both of those are subjective Anon.
On the fitness factor, forced adaptability can be somewhat proven as it was often survival of the fittest.
However fittest is being used for its double meaning here.
>fitness: the ability to survive to reproductive age and successfully reproduce
>fitness: the combined mental and physical health of an organism

For the first definition I completely agree, our ancestors beat the fuck out of each other and took bitches for their own.
About as fit as you could be in comparison to now.

As for the other portion that I feel is subjective.
We are far healthier now, we live almost 50 years longer on average, we have a much broader variety of genetic traits that make us well rounded (though we lose a lot more of our niche abilities).
Though your greatest ancestor might have been physically everything you desire, you must remember his mental health was the equal of a toddler to us today.
With the increase of mental health and adaptation came tools, which weakened your ancestors physically.
Until we come to you.
>>
>>35222167
> how exactly did out ancestors: who didn't have any gym memberships get /fit/ and ripped
>he doesn't do starting sticks

sorry bro, you are not going to make it
>>
>>35222820
>Until we come to you.
fuck thats motivational
>>
>>35222820

you realize the living on average thing is just a meme?

statistics are mostly skewed because of early child death

humans did get 70ish years old thousands of years ago without any problems
>>
>>35222167
Don't be a berrypicker
Hunt beasts
Carry dead beasts back to camp
Eat beasts
Rape wenches from the neighbour tribe
Throw spears at cheeky monkeys stealing your food
>>
>>35222167
>Fuck bitches

>Climb shit, squat, walk/jog and low intensity activity all day

>Occasional all-out sprint and strength efforts (wrestling an animal or picking up heavy shit)

>No stress

>Not being radiated by estrogen all the time
>>
>>35223566
Cavemen probably didn't live until their 70s. But the more recent civilizations definitely did.
>tfw you'll never be an old ass Senator smashing qt3.14 slaves at your leisure
>>
File: SS without gomad.jpg (9 KB, 231x310) Image search: [Google]
SS without gomad.jpg
9 KB, 231x310
>>35222167
>Or how about the people living in primitive parts of Africa?
pic related
>>
>>35224493
It's very possible, elder chimps live a very long time because the troop takes care of them.
>>
>Be American
>Everyone is strongfat
>They eat a bunch of shit
>They do nothing but lift UPS boxes
>I still can't beat them in arm wrestling.

Fuck.
>>
>>35222522
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_games#Heavy_events
>>
>>35222167
Lifted rocks
>be ounga ounga
>shaman say "no need lift Fire is give power"
>whatever
>find jogo jogo lifting big rocks
>"you doing taking corpse from hround with rocks again l see" l say to him
>"yes you have to elevate big in order to big muscles"
>tell to shaman
>shaman put fire on human constructor
>"fire is always strong"
>we all freeze to death a year later
>>
>>35222427
Almost everybody I know that works in construction actually goes the gym.
>>
>>35222423
ayy
>>
>>35224680
>taking corpse

baka senpai
>>
>>35224680
Sounds like you were a berry picker m80
>>
>>35222167
They had weights and calisthenics, practically invented them, just didn't want/need to shell out cash to a place that had all that, like some people now. Fighting other jacked people and killing shit like T-Rexes, Sabertooth tigers/ other stuff that could tear you a new one and eating tons of protein, got early humans strong and lean.
So diet and proper exercise. Like now.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.