[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here into Nootropics? Experiences, feedback, etc. would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 2
File: Nootropics.jpg (119 KB, 608x557) Image search: [Google]
Nootropics.jpg
119 KB, 608x557
Anyone here into Nootropics? Experiences, feedback, etc. would be awesome!

Also I'm prescribed Adderall and I want to know if anyone here has stacked certain Nootropics alongside it. I know that some Nootropics shouldn't be stacked with Adderall, while some will greatly potentiate its effects.
>>
I'm taking acety-l carnitine (among other supplements) and I've noticed some new mental symptoms since then. I spend a lot of time working on my health and mental state through various angles though so it's impossible to isolate. Anecdotal evidence is unreliable anyway.
>>
>>35218075
Avoid Sunifiram. Noopept will boost Adderall. Phenylpiracetam is #1 nootropic substance, not sure how it would work with adderall, but it is a mild stimulant itself.
>>
200 mg caffeine tab in the morning does it
>>
>>35218411
We aren't in fucking kindergarten.
>>
>>35218432
I don't like drinking coffee and caffeine has no withdrawal symptoms
>>
>>35218457
Caffeine is a shit tier substance.

Try methylphenidate or ethylphenidate. Mild stimulation, cognitive functions boost, mild euphoria, no comedown, hard to get addicted.
>>
>>35218496
Yeah becuase some people don't get drug tested at work idiot
>>
>>35218457

That's not true, caffeine has withdrawal symptoms, you can get pretty severe migraines and a general lowly feeling if you come off caffeine cold turkey after being on it continuously at a good dosage.
>>
>>35218517

The drug he's referring to is Ritalin which has a low abuse potential and AFAIK wouldn't really be something to show up on a drug test.

Ritalin would show up on a test for performance enhancing drugs if you were getting a full blood test for say the Olympics though as it is a PED.
>>
>>35218496
Causes cumulative brain damage and so is not nootropic.
>>
>>35218075
I've heard that uridine can reduce adderall tolerance by increasing the number of dopamine receptors in your brain, and when I took some it seemed to work fairly well for that, but my use was intermittent anyway I think I only averaged about 25mgs per week
>>
>>35218560
What exactly causes cumulative brain damage, and if so, what is the mechanism?
>>
>>35218596
Ritalin supposedly damages the frontal lobes and causes depression through some chemical pathway it shares with cocaine.
>>
>>35218677
[citation needed]

It is NDRI as well as cocaine, but cocaine is much, much stronger, and coke also releases serotonin. Substance being NDRI itself does not mean it is neurotoxic, and if it is, the neurotoxicity is extremly low, unless we are talking about some shit-tier research chemicals.

Alcohol is noticeably neurotoxic, and nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>35218677
Also, it does not cause depression. It is more effective in fighting depression than average SSRI or MAOI. Educate yourself.
>>
I stopped drinking and switched to Phenibut
>>
>>35218699
I think that guy may have been referring to the damage to dopamine receptors due to an increase in oxidative stress, but really that's just what dopamine does rather than anything specific to Ritalin
>>
>>35218885
Same here. How often do you take phenibut and do you use anything during off days?
I only take it on weekends to avoid withdraws and tolerance buildup but I want something similar to take during the week.
>>
>>35218075
I got a four pack of rare ractams from a good site on black Friday.

Yea, I take them. they only help so much. After that they do not help at all.
>>
>>35218075
I weened off Adderall and switched to soley nootropics because I started getting bad anxiety and I kept feeling the urge to kill myself the next day after I would take Adderall.

Anyways, my current stack is

>750mg Oxiracetam
>1g Aniracetam
>15mg Noopept
>200mg Ashwaganda

All twice a day and 500mg Choline once a day.

It helps alleviate some anxiety,makes me a little more focused and it's a bit easier to talk to people. Doesn't come close to the effects I felt from Adderall but I got get any of the side effects.

I also take 2g Phenibut on those those special days. Completely anxiety free and I have a sense of mild euphoria that lasts all day.
>>
>>35218913
No problem. Then take phenylpiracetam for some time which increases dopamine receptors density.
>>
On workdays I'll cycle pehnylpiracetam+choline and modafinil. I've never been this productive in my life. Sleeping 3-5 hrs a night and have boatloads of energy to lift at the end of the day. Will avoid supplementing over Xmas to give my body some time to rest.
>>
>>35219128
By cycle I mean use them on differing days to avoid tolerance. Please don't mix stimulants.
>>
>>35219128
Sleep 6 hours though, man. Using phenylpiracetam + CDP choline and methylphenidate as well!
>>
>>35219128
How do you get Modafinil? I live in the US and its a prescription only drug and I cannot for the life of me get a doctor to prescribe it.
>>
what are the best nootropics to start with for someone living in the EU?
>>
>>35219176
You can buy adrafinil which is the precursor drug to moda--turns into after processing by the liver (raises concerns overv long term, frequent use). I've read actual modafinil and armodafinil are better and will make a run at my gp for it. Failing that it "seems" low risk to import but not sure I'll go that route if my relatively infrequent use isn't harming my liver. /r/afinil will have info.
>>
>>35219176
If you do shift work you have a legitimate reason to request it. There may be a handful of other reasons such as looking after a relative who wakes at random times in the night or something.

If you get some remember the half life is very long. It's better to take a dose and then on following days half the dose. If you want to stay awake for half a week take it as needed. Most people max out at 3 or 4 doses and that's like 3 to 3.5 days of being awake before you start to significantly drop due to fatigue. YMMV obv, typically you'd do something like Monday nothing, early hours Tuesday first dose, late afternoon/early evening Tuesday second dose, Wednesday morning 3rd dose, and either late on Wednesday or early Thursday the fourth dose. I would suggest having everything ready to just go if you do this, you will eventually start looking for distractions if anything starts getting fiddly and annoying. It's good to have a little routine before you stop showering and being productive

This is assuming it works for you, some people are unaffected. And some people get like a very intense in your face feeling the first time, it's a bit like being up all night but a bit hopped up. That goes away. And a dose can be a bit suck it and see. For me I take 75 mg on the first dose and half that in ensuing doses and it works okay.
>>
>>35219930
fuck all that. i want dat NZT-48
>>
>>35219972
I should watch Limitless so I actually get what people are talking about.

What is it about that that people like anyway? I gather he's a loser that overcomes ennui and becomes productive and makes bank on the stock market and a few other bits.
>>
File: Sun-Ra-011.jpg (57 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Sun-Ra-011.jpg
57 KB, 620x372
>ctrl-F
>phenylbut
>phrase not found
Anyone know how to find something made by a good, first world manufacturer?

I want to buy some, but I'm really sketched by all these alibaba sites and I assume pretty much anyone selling the stuff on the internet is selling anonymous ching-chong powder unless otherwise indicated.

Like is there something equivalent to Ajinomoto BCAAs or german Creapure, but for phenilbut?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>35220065
well shit I just realized I've been misspelling it all this time. Still, the question still stands.
>>
>>35220012
that's all. it's just a movie that's inspirational because, hey, what if something like it really exists? probably not but then there are nootropics
>>
>>35220065
There are only a couple of first world manufacturers, and p much all of them only manufacture a couple of bits, most resell China powder.

What you want are good tests of purity on each batch and a good track record. Without that all bets are off, the Chinese suppliers (even the good ones) fuck up and mix up deliveries and stuff.
>>
>>35219176
I had it for a few years to treat my depression, which it did exceedingly well. Now my insurance won't cover it for the off label use any more. I want to die now, out of the ~40 drugs for depression I've tried, Modafinil worked fantastic and with no side effects. No withdrawals or addiction either.

I'd give adrafinil a shot, if you're interested in it.
>>
>>35220084
I find the best thing is regular exercise, regular reading and learning, and semax/selank. And good housekeeping like being organised and so on. I've been mucking about with some regular brain training type stuff too and I think some help in some ways.
>>
>>35220130
>What you want are good tests of purity on each batch
Doesn't sound good at all

Any idea who these first world manufacturers are? I figure if it's a prescription drug in some countries, I'd want to look up who's operating in those countries.
>>
currently taking methylphenidate as an adhd treatment and i gotta say, it feels a lot like caffeine.

MODAFINIL on the other hand, which i had tried before, doesnt give the same shitty feeling you get when youre burned on stims. i mean its still a little shitty when you havent slept but modafinil feels so clean. just my two cents
>>
Phenibut for PTSD and kratom for chronic pain/opiate addiction.

Idk if you'd call either of those nootropics but whatever lads
>>
>>35220185
If you can find a country that allows a pharmacy to sell something otc you can nearly always import it. If it's prescription only you're in probably from India territory regardless of where you get it.

Cere tropic are probs the most prominent manufacturer tho they stick to synthing a handful of peptides. Something like phenibut is going to be bulk synthed in China probably. But ceretropic do have their own industrial mass spectrometer so it'll be good stuff of they have it.
>>
>>35218075
Took Piracetam, Choline and Heperzine A for a few months when I was studying to get into grad school. Studied for the GRE, LSAT and MCAT for 2 months each 8-14 hours a day. I had a level of focus much higher than in my undergrad. Did well enough to get into T14, get into a decent med school or grad program.

I am a PhD student now but my tinnitus has grown in severity and I have trouble concentrating, especially when reading scientific papers. I feel like I have a mild case of ADD that I didnt have before. This could all be the supplements I took back then or something completely different. I have no fucking clue.
>>
>>35220259
Thanks, that gets me some more stuff to google. I was just getting search engine spam until now, didn't even know where to start
>>
> Adderall

The #1 nootropic you can possibly take alongside amphetamines is Memantine. It will almost completely prevent tolerance buildup. It's like magic.
>>
>>35220260
Huperzine A is a bugger. Shouldn't be used every day, and isn't good with other stuff that affects choline. Piracetam is very very mild in its effects on the choline system tho. That's likely where the problems come from.

Just leave of for 6 months to a year and it'll probs go back to normal.
>>
>>35220065

Almost every reputable site sources their stuff from chinese labs. The sites will regularly request certificates of analysis to ensure the product is pure.

There's zero reason to care if its from a chinese lab, it makes no difference.
>>
Are there any nootropics that would help with a serious opiate withdrawal? I'm trying to stop but the withdrawal would probably make sicker than I have ever been in my whole life. Any tips really to lighten the effects would be greatly appreciated. For now I'm trying to just lower my daily does (thanks doc) but I am also trying to save what I have left.
>>
>>35220465

Memantine, DXM; any NMDA antagonist will reduce symptoms
>>
>>35218457
you say that like only coffee has will give you withdrawal symptoms. you do know people drink coffee for the caffeine
>>
>>35220480
So can I take dxm in low doses to lighten the effects? I don't want to have to get high on dxm. Thanks for the info though.
>>
>>35220550
>>35220465
Oh sorry I just read that it needs to be taken at high doses to act as an antagonist.
>>
>>35218075
Recently started taking noopept, and DMAE bitartrate. I feel it upped my recall and mental clarity. Made conversation flow a bit easier. It's nowhere near 'limitless' tier though.

The stimulant effects of nootropics can vary from person to person, I didn't feel wired at all, just awake. Did however go a week on 8 hours of sleep total, and felt as sharp at the end as on day 1. I have a weird sleep schedule to begin with though.

Also powder city is an excellent source for just about everything you could want.
>>
>>35219176
Modafinil cat has a good rep.

Been waiting to pull the trigger on it. Erowid has good testimonials, and effects if you're curious.
>>
>>35219069
Forskolin does that too IIRC
>>
1.5g of phenibut in the morning plus another 1g before lunch puts me in a good mood all day, then I sleep like a baby. Would recommend.
>>
>>35221070
Who is that?
>>
>>35221208
Both are websites.

Google them.
Erowid should be fine on surface web.

For Modafinil cat you may want to use a proxy of some kind. As they do deal in controlled substances.
>>
>>35221447
Thank you very much!
>>
>>35221127
Every day or just 1-2 times a week?

I take 750mg every day before going to sleep with 3mg melatonin and sleep is god tier.
I'm thinking about adding 1g in the morning and keeping the 750mg before bed.
>>
>>35221771
if you're taking it everyday then the only effect it's still having is placebo
>>
>>35222239
shit does tolerance build that fast?

i bought 125 grams a day ago, will arrive in 2-3 weeks
>>
they dont work ur a retard
>>
>>35222645
The smaller the amounts the slower tolerance will build. So maybe you can take 750mg every day no problem for a long time. I'd still suggest every other day or long breaks every so often tho. Or a bit of both.
>>
>>35218713

Have you even tried Ritalin bro? The 4 weeks I had to test it, it was hell. The fucking comedown had me wishing suicide like I've never experienced before.

Dexamphetamine is way better, even if it causes a 60% chance of getting Parkison as you get older.
>>
I allow myself one strong coffee a week taken with L theanine. Helps with the jitters
>>
Hey guys new to this stuff, i recently got a new job working night shift...

If caffeine is shit tier what should I take to keep alert and awake with no comedown?
>>
>>35224165
See the modafinil/adrafinil discussions in this thread. In the US a legit modafinil prescription (provigil) is cripplingly expensive, but there are other options.
>>
>>35218244
Be aware if you chug it, you can get acid damage to the ol enamel

ALCAR is lovely tho imo. No obvious or immediate effects really. I'd like to try making like a fake lemonade or a open cola with it as part of the sour acid taste
>>
>>35224401
>>35224165
I'm pretty sure you can get that shit on alibaba. Stuff from there is crazy cheap. You can get DXM DNP this other drug that's very similar to GHB, I forgot its name. All very cheap
>>
>>35220465
Kratom, that's generally what it's used for
>>
>>35223696
Ritalin - methylphenidate - no, I didn't.

I am using it's brother, ethylphenidate (few percent of it is partially metabolized to methylphenidate, too), I am in for like 2 months, going every day, when I do a two day break I don't experience anything negative.

Also, I just can't fucking get in bad mood when using it. No matter how hard my life is teabagging me.
>>
Im on dat dere 1g of pheni a day with a couple days in between off. This is what led me to believe it would be alright.

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/phenibut-dosage-effects/

Will report back with results.
>>
>>35221447
>>35221208

I had trouble pulling the trigger as well, but eventually I just said fuck it, and ordered. One of the better decisions of my college days.

Modafinil Cat is where I got my stuff from, took about 10 days, but flawless support. And ive had 2, 200+ orders from them
>>
>>35226301
youve had "2, 200+orders"
i dont believe you in the slightest, you'd have to have alot of money and connections to get through customs that much, and modacat is only been around for a year...
>>
>>35226416
He had 2 orders of 200g shipments.
>>
>>35226425
well im glad you can decipher that bad grammar, but thats not what it looks like he's saying.
>>
>>35226416
Well, I mean I am still in college... And 500 pills is not anything crazy man...
>>
>>35226441
thats not what im saying, the way you worded it is deceiving. it looks like youre saying youve ordered over 200 times from them ("200+ orders")
hence my disbelief thats all
>>
>>35226470
Understandable, I meant it as I have ordered twice, with those orders each being 200 pills, or greater in quantity.
>>
>>35226487
awesome, i plan on ordering the sample pack myself. Ive just notice they have alot of reps that promote their product which is usually sketchy, but ill trust a fit senpai over reddit people. thank you
>>
>>35224165
Caffeine is great if it works for you. One of the best noots. Withdrawal is shit and addiction and tolerance happen easily.

If you want to replace caffeine: semax, modafinil, ritalin, and various forms of cocaine are all decent alternatives. Semax and modafinil more for staying awake, ritalin and cocaine more for a pep up. Tho they all have some crossover.
>>
>>35226416
I've ordered similar amounts with no problems before. It depends in part where you live. I haven't used modcat either so maybe I just have one of the best packers or something. The packets aren't massive tho. And there's no way I'd be able to get through or want to get through that many pills as an individual so I also call bs.
>>
>>35226533
You won't have any problems! Just might be worth going small amounts first, because there is a very very slim chance you're a non responder.

I feel amazing when I take mine, I gave one to a friend and he didn't feel a thing.

Ps. With my experiences, its worth it to take on an empty stomach.
And if im trying to save money I take half my regular dose, and then take 50mg, or 100mg or caffeine, I find it to be very similar to the effects of a full moda pill
>>
Any place that sends discreet packaging with phenibut?
It's not illegal but I live with parents at uni and anything that says the word supplement on it doesn't make its way to me.
>>
>>35226623
Ceretropic were p good.
>>
>>35226623
>>35226674
I got some from liftmode but saying "liftmode" on the package is already too suspicious for these people.
>>
>>35226592
he already re-phased it, read and keep up son
>>
>>35226621
thank you for the info.
ive only had addys 10,20 and xr. ive taken them every way and they've done the trick every time but i cant afford them anymore
>>
>>35226814
Can you read? 400 pills in like a year for an individual is a stupid amount.
>>
>>35226863
Thought Id have a little stash, take about 1-3 per week, so I still have plenty left
>>
>>35226863
if you did any research on them you would realize how wrong you are. i.e bodyweight, ones mind, will and tolerance all play into how much you need a day. ive met people prescribed 3 20mgs pills a day of addy which comes out to 1095 pills a year. zen and research mate.
>>
>>35227023
You know adderall is not modafinil right?

>>35226913
That's fairly sensible. Don't let anyone see it or one way or another you'll lose it. And give your renal system a break every so often, you don't want to get dehydrated over a long term and it's p easy to do on modafinil.
>>
ordered 125g of phenibut and a scale from powdercity. how'd I do lads?
>>
>>35227331
>125g of phenibut

Dude, just take care with that stuff. It can be addictive and the withdrawal is fucking nasty.
>>
>>35228807
Yeah. I've heard some stuff about it. I bought in bulk for a long time supply. Probably gonna start with 500mg 2x/week spaced out.

There's probably a more heightened awareness of its drawbacks than with any drug I've seen. Have you experienced a withdrawal?
>>
>>35224165
It's not shit tier, it's great. Look it up.
>>
>>35221771
1-2 times a week. Heard scary stuff about taking it every day, plus don't want to build a tolerance. I have a pretty big melatonin tolerance and phenibut plus just 5mg of melatonin knocks me right out. Slept for 14 hours last time I took both.
>>
Interested in natty stuff that has nootropic/boost properties, anything? obv not gonna pack a punch as it aint drugs
>>
>>35229221
This whole 'natty or not natty' mindset severely limits your potential. Caffeine is a drug too you know. You can literally take anything safely if you do your research first.
>>
>>35229221
Top 3:
Phenylpiracetam (very strong anti-anxiety effect which is useful in public speeches, may boost physical performance, gives motivation and mild stimulation, gives cold resistance, anti-depressive, increases density of dopamine receptors, sharpens overall cognitive functioning including memory, used in sillicon valley, fucking great in pre-workout stacks!)

Amphetamine or Methyl/Ethyl/Isopropylphenidate (to possess productivity of an ubermensch, increases energy, motivation, mild euphoria, increases focus and improves memory functioning for the duration)

CDP Choline (great source of choline - to be taken with racetam-class substances and noopept, improves memory)

Very useful/may be useful/worth to research/worth to include in stacks:
Magnesium + B6
2-FA, 3-FA, 4-FA
2-FMA
Selegiline (itself or with PEA)
Modafinil
Noopept
Caffeine
Piracetam (high dosages)
Ani/Prami/Faso/Nefi/Colu/Oxiracetam
Rosemary/Eucalyptus and Lavender oil inhalations
Black pepper
Cocoa
LSD/4-substituted-tryptamines/shulgin's phenetylamines microdosing

>>35229368
This guy is right.

Cognitive scientist interested in neuropsychopharmacology here
>>
>>35221009
>DMAE
"Centrophenoxine is to DMAE like Alpha-GPC is to Choline."

Source: http://examine.com/supplements/centrophenoxine
>>
>>35229544

What would be a good starter stack/set for someone that is new and doesn't want to die but still notice the good effects especially in anxiety/memory and generally school/studying/focus things.
>>
>>35228863
I'm >>35229156
No withdrawals/hangover from taking 3g once or twice a week. I usually split that into two doses. It's subtle and takes a while to feel it, but it's noticeable and pleasant. Definitely take it on an empty stomach.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.