[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I complemented a friend at my birthday party two weeks ago that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
I complemented a friend at my birthday party two weeks ago that he was showing gains and he seemed uncomfortable and has not texted me since.

I said I noticed a big diffrence since last I saw him and asked him to flex so I could feel his muscles. He was visually uncomfortable after I asked so I didn't ask again and dropped the subject.

ok /fit/ thoughts?
>>
Are you gay? Do you have gay tendencies? Does he think youre hitting on him?

I wouldnt worry about it. Dudes probably just insecure.
>>
>>35217722
Roids? at least sounds like it to me, or he is just strange and doesn't like to be complimented, talk more about him.
>>
he might be a closeted gay and be all selfhatinf and shit
>>
>>35217739
>>35217790
Im a grill

>>35217746
He talked to me about his weigt loss/lifting before so I dunno. We usually text funny stuff to eachother when we're bored.
>>
you're his oneitis and he's trying to get over you
>>
>>35218296
>Im a grill

Well there you go. Is/was the dude ever really fat at 1 point? Is he dating anyone now? I ask because as someone who is naturally shy and withdrawn, having girls even notice you, let alone compliment you like you did throws you for a loop.

It did for me.

"Is she making fun of me or being sincere?"
"If she is sincere, does that mean she is into me?"
"Oh Christ on a bike if she is into me, what the fuck do I do?"

This was how it was when I lost my first 120lbs at least.
>>
>>35218341
he has oneitis for another girl though

>>35218354
He was chubby, but not awfully so. He is not dating right now, but he said he wants romantic things to happen naturaly vs going after girls. He has been super busy with improving himself and getting job promotion after his ex-gf left. You think it came off like I was hitting on him?

Wow good for you, sounds like you're gonna make it breh.
>>
>>35218609
Yes more than likely. Overweight/chubby guys have horrendous self esteem. Almost zero. You complimenting him threw up red flags in his head as to what to is considered the norm between you 2. He probably doesn't know how to react now and is doing what I did. Avoiding the situation (you) altogether until a course of action can be determined. I was in a similar situation with a girl I liked. She kept wanting to hang out with me just the 2 of us.

I took it as her coming onto me. Confessed how I felt and it turned out to be 1 sided. Crushed me honestly. Your best bet is to make it clear you're not romantically interested if that is the case. I would have rather had my girl tell me straight up from square 1 than to drag it out and get my hopes up. But by all means if you ARE interested in him make it known. Judging by his reaction to your compliment he won't make the first move.

And thanks. 165lbs down. 50 to go.
>>
the compliment is cool
the asking to touch his muscles is gay shit
>>
>>35218692
That would make way more sense if I wasn't 7 years older than him and married. See I was thinking he would show off to everybody and feel good, maybe even hit it off to with a the single girls invited to the party. But now i feel like like a creep, hope i can find a funny enough picture to text him to break the ice.
>>
File: 1449425924853.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1449425924853.gif
2 MB, 400x400
>>35218928
Wow that big an age difference huh? Well still you never know. Might want some of your "experience".

Maybe you should just blow him. That is a good tension breaker. For real though, Hope it all goes well.
>>
rape him at gunpoint to establish dominance and alpha female status in the relationship
>>
>>35218959
I wen't back to school, made friends with younger adults. I don't look old, have taken care of my skin.

>>35219146
Just because I can doesn't mean I should.
>>
>>35219299
Yea makes sense. Not like it hasn't been done before. And 7 years isnt really crazy far apart. Not like youre 55 and him 18 or anything. Not egging you on to fuck hum because like you said, you're married. Just saying don't be surprised if it is the fact that he is into you.
>>
>>35219366
Alright, should I wait another week or so or find something funny soon to break the ice.

Just seems a waste to never speak again.
>>
>>35219640
Just be straight up. Give him closure. "You know I didn't mean anything about the other day right?"

Or something along those lines as far as letting him know it was just an un-loaded innocent compliment. An observation.

He might just feel a bit off that a married woman is complimenting him. Not to mention if you're a good looking married woman.

Im no expert, just giving the type of answer I would want to hear. Nothing worse as a guy to have women matters up in the air with no conrete answer/solution. Shit just sits on your brain forever.
>>
>>35219725
Would pointing out that I noticed him being uncomfortable about the muscles make thing even worse?

'sorry if I made you feel wierd at the party, your progress is impressive keep it up! hope you use your new found powers of muscles for good instead of evil'
>>
>>35219918
It might. But it would bring closure about the whole thing. He would no longer be second guessing himself or your actions/intentions. Load off the mind.

Ive always been one to address the elephant in the room when it comes to people. Beating around the bush does nothing but prolong the problem and make you appear indecisive.

Playing it off with a joke like that could help ease the tension further.

Then again I dont know this guy you're friends with and all my advice could be the exact opposite of what would work on him so you wouod know best how to approach this.

Tl,dr
Be direct. Address the issue and how you meant nothing by it. In comes closure, and with andly luck you'll be back to buddies in no time.
>>
just stick your dick in his ass and get it over with sis
>>
>>35219981
Gotcha ok i'll give it a shot. Thank you.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.