[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this right here? This has been hurting lately. Rubbing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Snapchat--7275523886185317911.jpg (347 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--7275523886185317911.jpg
347 KB, 720x1280
What is this right here? This has been hurting lately. Rubbing it doesn't seem to help. What can I do to fix it?
>>
>>35217432
i assume that's your left leg. in that case it would be your MCL. take time off squating and let it heal. then drop weight learn to squat with proper form (push knees out, don't extend over toes, use hip drive instead relying solely on your quads) and squat with proper gear (oly shoes or at least 10lbs plates under your heels)
>>
>>35217432
Your vastus medialis?
>>
>>35217533
Would that not be the quadriceps tendon? And even if it was the muscle that would be Biceps femerus
>>
>>35217560

Biceps femoris is posterior you fucking idiot.

Opie, it's your vastus medialis. You have probably strained it. RICE treatment and you'll be fine in a week or two.
>>
>>35217432

That's your VMO. If it's been hurting you've probably some sort of quads imbalance resulting in unequal forces of pull/tracking issues on your patella.
>>
>>35217560

Lol, Biceps Femoris is what you refer to as hamstrings. No, that's the Vastus Medialis. IDK what that tendon is, but if it's enflamed, you done fucked up, OP.
>>
>>35217560
Its the patellar tendon actually.
>>
File: 6556.jpg (19 KB, 297x314) Image search: [Google]
6556.jpg
19 KB, 297x314
>>35217577
>>35217597
Oops yea my bad, fucked up, but that is your Quadriceps tendon

>>35217432
Quadriceps tendon
>>
>>35217432
Your vagina bone, you probably got some sand in it.
>>
>>35217630
No actually, thats lower down.
>>35217634
>>
>>35217596
What can I do to fix it?
>>
>>35217634
So what I posted is the quad tendon?
>>
>>35217634
Maybe I'm wrong, but this picture isn't accurate. There is difference between tendons and ligaments. Upper "tendon" is ligament.
>>
>>35217736
If its just above your knee then yes, just do a simple google search to see how to fix it
>>
File: knee-flexed-large-colour5.jpg (272 KB, 864x961) Image search: [Google]
knee-flexed-large-colour5.jpg
272 KB, 864x961
>>35217721
Im gunna go ahead and say it isnt your quad tendon. If its left leg, ACL. The caption will tell you thats the frontal view of the right knee, where the ACL is located appears to be where you circled on the left knee.

ACL and MCL are related to knee flexion, and the muscles associated with knee flexion are the hamstrings. So the bicep femoris, in my educated guess, is weak or you've torn it before.

Here is an exercises to help with that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh5N-wsjxaY

The reason it might be sore is because the job of the ACL and MCL in junction with the knee. In reality, your quads are a LOT stronger than your hamstrings, and they dont receive a lot of work. Go ahead and fix this. Deadlifts do help, but in your case a single joint movement might be more in order such as a standing knee raise.

If you attempt elliott's version, and your hamstrings lock up or tense during peak contraction, you've found your answer.
>>
>>35217777
The lower one is a ligament, technically (bone to bone, or patella to tibial tuberosity)

The only people that are anal about it are orthopaedic surgeons, usually the old school ones. So don't be anal about it
>>
>>35218292
Please tell me you're not a medfag. You won't ever be able to palpate the ACL
>>
>>35218330
It isnt even the MCL you fucking idiot
>>
>>35218292
You think thats really the problem? Someone said its the vmo
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.