[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Willpower.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (20 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20 KB, 384x384
Let's discuss the hardest fucking part of /fit/: Willpower.

How did you maintain your willpower, /fit/izens? Have some tips for lazy asses like myself to improve it?

Come on. Help a bro.
>>
>>35212504
I read through every single post in the fat hate threads. Works every time.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1448981017146.jpg (78 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448981017146.jpg
78 KB, 720x960
>>35212504

If your hearts not in it then you might as well stop
>>
I think that what you need is some motivation.

Think of all the LONDON pussy you will get once you are done.

Because that's the only reason to get fit in the first place.

Right?

R-Right?
>>
File: youwillnevermakeit.jpg (168 KB, 1491x1069) Image search: [Google]
youwillnevermakeit.jpg
168 KB, 1491x1069
>>35212504
I´d say most of people on /fit/ already overcame that problem. If you are here, most likely you want to improve yourself. If you are still unsure or if you are too lazy then you won´t make it.
>>
>>35212504
I think about all the people that are better than me and I say to myself ''I can't allow that''
>>
>>35212620

how can i stop being lazy if im too lazy to stop being lazy in the first place

this is some recursive shit
>>
>>35212504
that's the only good trait I have, infinite willpower. So can't help I never run out of it.
>>
I just decided I'd never rest more than one day in a row unless I was sick, injured, or I literally had no free time in a day other than for errands, work and sleep. Even if I can't make it to a gym I'll do some bodyweight exercises or cardio

My routine is irregular as fuck because of an irregular life schedule, but I can still find it easy to stick to the one rule of doing SOMETHING at least every other day.
>>
>>35212504
I keep pictures of myself when I was fat in my vehicle, wallet, kitchen and around my room to remind me of what I used to be
>>
>>35212643
If you are too lazy then just give up. You won´t make it with that kind of attitude.
>>
>>35212540
This

Ingo to the gym because i like it
>>
>>35212622
>>
I think about my shit family, how fat I used to be (still am), all the times I've been shitted on in life pretty much and I know that even if I am a despicable human being I can at least be happy with myself when I look in the mirror if I can just keep it up one more day
>>
>>35212504
I pray so demons don't drain me of my willpower
Once in the morning when I wake up, and at night before bed.
>>
File: motivated.jpg (11 KB, 300x390) Image search: [Google]
motivated.jpg
11 KB, 300x390
>>35212504

forget girls.

do it cause you want to look in the mirror and see a sick looking body. prove people wrong, be at your best. never, EVER settle for average.

the day you settle for average you might as well quit the gym. push yourself, you deserve better.
>>
>>35212504
I don't to be honest family that's why I still drink almost every day
>>
I don't rely on willpower, I just gradually developed healthy habits.
>>
I got willpower the easy way: hitting rock bottom at the age of 19 with extremely minimal support structures/safety nets and facing the choice between sudoku and manning the fuck up.

-130lbs in the past year, u mirin desperationlets??

"There has not yet been a man in our history who has led a life of ease who's name is worth remembering" - Best President
>>
>>35212525
True.
Maybe we can make it work too with skeletons hate threads
>>
Working out with someone who's motivated and/or serious. It's really hard to stay motivated by yourself, at least for me.
>>
>>35214639
Fuck man, just the phrase "man the fuck up" motivates me beyond anything else.
Thank you for this, seriously, I'm off to the gym now.
>>
>>35212702
What a shitty post. You contributed as much by saying nothing at all.
>>
The word average

You only have one life and one body, who in their right mind would settle with "average".
>>
>>35212643

Everyone gets lazy sometimes. The point is to do it anyway.
>>
File: 1387536046384.jpg (31 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1387536046384.jpg
31 KB, 853x480
>>35214639
>u mirin desperationlets?
>desperationlets
>>
Only lifting is easy in itself, but not stopping when shit happens can be tough. You've got finals, nagging gf (not a problem here kek), family member dies and so on.

Those who keep going will make it, there is no use to make excuses because we don't care about quitters.
>>
>>35212504
Once if your in its easy to go thats it
>>
Read up on building habits, OP: http://jamesclear.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/habits-v2.pdf

tl;dr: Make it as easy as possible so you'll actually stick to it, then build up. Then it's not about willpower, but routine - like eating lunch.
>>
>>35214658
U butthurt bcause is truth
>>
>>35214743
But that is not really willpower anymore, just a habit, isn't it?

Anyone would be interested in a skelly hate thread? I think we need one for all those skelly faggots who think they look good because they are not fat (including me).
>>
>>35212643
With that mentality you should give up now.
>>
>>35212504
I've been going to the gym for a few months now, started to think I got noob gainz.

Recently met one of my former classmates who is ripped, always has been. Mention lifting to him.

When leaving, his last sentence was 'Get jacked, man!'

That's all I needed.
>>
Remember the feeling after a great workout before you go to the gym.

Remember how much worse you felt when you were skinny or fat. Think how you don't wanna go back to that
>>
File: Ash_tips_his_cap.jpg (137 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Ash_tips_his_cap.jpg
137 KB, 640x480
>>35212504
It's very easy, just listen to the Pokémon theme songs. They're always about being the best, and are very motivating for me.
>>
the fact that every minute I rest, someone is out there training as hard or harder than me, getting closer and closer to their goals. that and I'd like to get to a where I'll be balls deep in your gfs mouth while she forgets how to breathe right
>>
>>35212504
I'm struggling right now,
I exercise just about everday, but when friday comes around
I fucking eat 3 pieces of fried chicken because of a local deal
It's all about taking control, You need to tell yourself, LIKE ECHO IT IN YOUR HEAD, to help motivate. It even helps to say it out loud.
Be like, I'm going to run today or I will break the source of my laziness.
It has helped me for the past 2 weeks, because my computer is a expensive shitty notebook and I don't want to break it
>>
>>35212504

Willpower comes if you want it to, but it may take time.

What I want to know, how to help OTHERS have willpower. I can fix myself, but no man is an island, and how do you deal with family and friends who are forever stuck in the victim role?

I know some might say you should remove these people from your life, but how do you turn your back on family or close friends who are suffering?
>>
>>35214834
Habits are what actually work.

It takes months to see any progress in your routine, no one can keep doing something unnatural for months on willpower alone.
>>
>>35214834
>anyone interested in skelly hate
yes
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.