[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna start getting my dad to go to the gym with me and to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
I wanna start getting my dad to go to the gym with me and to try preworkout, but the thing is he's diabetic. So my question is, is it bad for him to take preworkout every now and then if he's diabetic and used to have seizures as well, so I'm wondering if it would be bad for him to take it or not every now and then. Any diabetics take preworkout?
>>
He hasn't had a seizure in years, but I figured I'd mention it just in case it would change anything.
>>
>>35211628
Is your dad's life worth the risk
>>
>>35211628
He doesn't need preworkout you tosser.
Most of them contain high amounts of sugars and stimulants, not ideal for a 50ish year old man in any way, shape or form.
>>
there's literally no reason to take preworkout
>>
>>35211628
I'm not sure he needs to take preworkout to go to the gym with you....Anyways, physical activity is good treatment for diabetes. Just spot him well.
>>
He just seems so tired all the time and it's a good pick me up for me so that's why I asked, it's probably not worth it though, just figured I'd ask about it first. just glad he's finally taking initiative now.
>>
>>35211692
Some studies have shown that caffeine makes it harder to control blood sugar in diabetics. Definitely not a good idea. Maybe a small cup of black coffee instead bro.
>>
as far as working out goes, so long as his blood sugar is between about 100-130 (normal for non-diabetic is 80-120) he should be ok if its too high working out can make it go up even more too low and it can crash. for the preworkout if you can find one that is low in sugar it might be ok, but ask a doc about it. as for coffee I drink a cup every morning before my work out no problems (obv nothing extra in it) im type 1 diabetic btw.
>>
>>35211628
I usually go with my mum's husband, and he avoids it like the plague
>>
if he's on medication to lower his blood sugar, exercising may lower his blood sugar even further. You'd better make sure he's ready to go to the gym before even thinking about giving him a preworkout.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.