[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How has your life changed for better or worse since getting /fit/tter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: 1433530684817.jpg (104 KB, 400x1023) Image search: [Google]
1433530684817.jpg
104 KB, 400x1023
How has your life changed for better or worse since getting /fit/tter
>>
I am able to masturbate for longer durations of time, so it has been good thus far
>>
whered you get the shorts/belt
names?
>>
>>35210289
i used to not care about what my body looks like

now i am constantly disappointing in my lack of self discipline and self destructive habits that are impacting one of the few things i have that relieves my stress.

t-thanks fit
>>
I used to think i was decent looking now every day i wake up disappointed and disgusted by how i look despite having made massive progress and being in better shape than 95% of the people that go to my gym so thats nice i guess
>>
File: 1447544742009.gif (4 MB, 298x150) Image search: [Google]
1447544742009.gif
4 MB, 298x150
I can get the attention of girls I find attractive.

but i can't hold it

:^)
>>
>>35211193
i know the feel mang
>>
File: SeanCooper.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SeanCooper.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1080
I finally understand what it means to have self-respect.

It's not about looking good for others.
It's not about looking good for myself.
It's about experiencing the privilege of feeling pain. Every day is a chance to push myself to something better. I can change who I am inside and out.

I can become the man that my daughter will measure all others against.
>>
File: 1431304383409.png (28 KB, 727x455) Image search: [Google]
1431304383409.png
28 KB, 727x455
>>35210289
I keep miring myself all the time like a fag. I don't like it
>>
>>35210289

For thanksgiving everyone came down and I went out and I saw this girl I havent seen in a long time and hugged her and said hi, but she held the hug for a little longer and felt my arm and said "hi anon, you are looking great!"

other than that, I still dont feel very good, but Im getting there.
>>
>>35211253
I had to quit a job because i was being called a faggot by girls bc i was always checking myself out in the mirror. this was like 7-8 months into lifting and i had dropped like 70 lbs of fat mind you. how could I not mire my progress.
>>
>>35211272
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. 6'0 220 -> 150, then 6 months of lifting trying to achieve dat ottermode and now I'm a self-miring fag. Jesus...
>>
Whenever I walk past a skinny kid with broad shoulders I always think to myself that it's a shame he doesn't work out.

So a little gay I guess?
>>
It's alright
>>
I'm working on it, but how differently do people treat you once you go from being a fat ugly guy to a /fit/ ugly guy?
>>
It didn't
>>
>>35210289

No change since I didn't lose enogh weight to show any change. But I went from total novice to 2pl8 squats and 1pl8 bench in a few months. I'm quitting after new year's, but it's neat knowing that i could have been strong.
>>
>>35211413
Why are you quitting?
>>
>>35211423

I'm leaving university and don't have the money for a gym. Moving back home to a small town, no decent gyms there anyway.

Plus I'm just too old to worry about getting fit now. Gotta find a career for the next ~50 years.
>>
I now have girls interested in me, but I consider them beneath me. Even another man's 10/10 is a hideous boar to me.
>>
>>35211468
So you're just quitting instead of figuring out a way to do it?

It's weird you think like 24 or whatever you are is too old.
>>
File: 1448483362440.jpg (7 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
1448483362440.jpg
7 KB, 500x394
>>35210289
Girls talk to me, I feel more confident but still autistic. My life changed for the better, but in doing so its made things more complicated. For better and for worse. Life was simple and easy before people talked to me and I had the confidence to talk back. I never intended for my life to change, it just happend. I was just tired of being bullied and being the weakest person in my group of friends. That was 2 1\2 years ago, and now I'm the biggest and strongest person in my group. Girls flirt with me and I have a girlfriend, I have a decent job with people that depend on me. Life seems good, but I never was ready for it, ya know? Like, life for me was just: school, go home, play vidya or watch YouTube, go to bed repeat. Now I have responsibilities, a relationship and I have to deal with people. It's so intimidating, for me, someone who never had to be a "popular person" to suddenly be thrusted into this lifestyle all because I decided to lift some weights. I can't complain, but I do sometimes wish life could be simple again.
>>
>>35211510

I just accepted that "virgin weirdo loser" is my role in life. Hopefully I won't have to be around too long.

I should be thanking you guys though. i would never have tried at all if I hadn't stumbeled on this board.
>>
>>35211468
You sound like a loser.
Keep feeding yourself that slop and you'll spin your tires, staying in the same place every year until you die.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LIFE
>>
>>35210289
>>35210644
im never satisfied with meh bodeh. no matter what compliments i get or shit. i always, ALWAYS, think they are lying. the vp of la fitness said i should become a pt. i have "the look"

get the fuck out of here, i look like an autist with babby arms and legs. the fitness industry is the last place id like to work in, 98% of their income is built off of lies and false expectations.
>>
>>35211538

I KNOW, YOU DON'T HAVE TO YELL.

I'm too screwed up in other areas to bother changing. I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for showing me how to start. I had no idea about lifting and i learned a lot here.
>>
I discovered I have bone structure in my face

amazing
>>
I grew up chubby and nerdy so I had to develop an outgoing and humorous personality to compensate. I've lost 110lbs this year so now I can go pretty much anywhere in public and talk to people with great ease, and girls approach me at bars and flirt with me at work. It has quite literally changed my entire outlook on life, I feel like I'm living the life of another human
>>
Worse
I got into /fit/ because my partner lifts and he corrected my form and helped me put on lean mass
Now I catch him staring at others and getting mired. I only want him but he's gotten increasingly more critical of my physique and never seems satisfied with my progress.
Feels bad, /fit/
>>
>>35211611
the only solution is to kek him by becoming more /fit/ than him
>>
File: 4L_BkRqAfYH.jpg (65 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
4L_BkRqAfYH.jpg
65 KB, 900x900
I get compliments and I don't know how to accept compliments.
>>
>>35211212
Holy fuck that quote is actually exactly what I needed cool.
>>
>>35210289
>I look in the mirror more often
>feel slight sense of superiority sometimes
>grills mire
>spend more money on food
>get endorphins
that's about it, but it's totally worth it
>>
>>35211618
"y-you too" works everytime m8
even better if ur voice goes high pitched at the end
>>
I get called "healthy" a lot and I don't even know what it means. It's winter here and I'm wearing thick clothes, I've no idea how I can look "healthy" in a jacket.
>>
>>35211618
Just say thanks and dont think about it freaking autists
>>
>>35210289
I dont fear beefing normies anymore because i know i will utterly destroy these 60kg skeles
>>
>>35211618
>Damn man your buff

>Thanks, man. I'm trying [to make it]
>>
>>35210289
I'm not as fat
>>
File: 1421870187707.gif (470 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1421870187707.gif
470 KB, 200x200
>>35211212
that's what I call a motivation post
>>
>>35211618
Someone post the mime
>>
I get made fun of because i squat, apparently thats a fag exercise. Also girls in a serious relationship seems to like me more now that im buff.
>>
>>35210289
I'm happier and I have much more energy. My body improvement lead me to the correct mindset (hardwork, self respect, etc.) And found a great hobby, I never thought that lifting weights was so fun.
>>
>>35211253
Busted out laughing at work. Thanks
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.