[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was that running today /fit/? don't tell me you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
How was that running today /fit/? don't tell me you're just a gym rat.
>>
Biked an hour today. Fifteen to work and back, fifteen to lunch and back. Finishing all cardio by 530 feel bretty good m80.
>>
I run 3 days out of the week, so today was an off day. I was out of shape for a long time but now I do 2 miles minimum on cardio days after work, getting up to a 20~min 5k before I consider myself "in shape" and start doing other things for carido.
>>
>>35209572
>>35209586
Nice, today was my first day running since my injury(3 months rest), forgot how amazing it is, still taking it easy thought.
>>
Got some sprints and plyometrics in so that was pretty good I guess
My puppy kept ramming at my knees and snapping at me, which was equally cute and annoying seeing as he is about 80lbs now
>>
honestly i don't give a shit how much i can lift endurance cardio is so much more satisfying to me.

i wanna go on ragbrai with my dad and get really fucking hammered while mirin bianchis and calves for a week
>>
>>35209551
Cold af outside. Winter is bulking season not cutting season. Smh desu.
>>
>>35209551
My knees are shit after 11 years of rugby and I can't run further than 2 miles.

But my 45 minutes on the Elliptical was fine, thanks for asking.
>>
>summer here
>gotta run before 8am if i don't want to pass out from dehydration

fuck the summer, honestly. anyone who likes summer is a stupid faggot
>>
>>35209824
what does desu wordfilter from i'm so new
>>
running was just like every other day. didn't want to put on my tights on and did, and now im happier for it
>>
>>35209851
This.

I fucking abhor the heat. And, I suffer from slight hyper hydrosis, so I sweat with even mild activity. Once I do any sort of exercise, I'm sweaty for the rest of the day.
>>
I fucking hate running, yet l run 2 times a week, how do you guys do it? I seriously hate it, it's just the worst especially in winter
>running on a treadmill
>>
how do I get past 6.1 mph on the treadmill for 50 mins at 2% incline
>>
>>35209875
i dont know if youre looking to become a runner, but you should run more than 2 days a week if you ever wanna break through that "but it hurts so much!" hate stage every novice runner goes through.

i run 6 days a week, and yeah my legs definitely start to feel sore in the latter half of every week, but 6 miles really isnt hard as long as you work up to it. run 4 days a week, 3 miles a day for a couple weeks, then move up to 5 days a week 4 miles a day, and eventually you're there.
>>
Got a regime from a friend who went through buds, runnin 4 miles everyday this week 5 next and so on so fourth, on top with lifting,swimming,calisthenics. Trying to complete a half ironman next year
>>
>>35209875
It's like meditation, just an hour or so alone with your thoughts. Listen to a podcast or music if you want. Or you can think of it as an adventure, explore the outdoors or your neighborhood
>>
>>35209551
took a few days off, doing a pretty intense weightlifting program right now and i did just reach my 5k in 30 min goal.

instead i studied a bit, need to study more but i got given an extra shift today, hopefully i'll get done with another chapter at least. i need this exam done well before Christmas.
>>
File: 1441056263805.jpg (11 KB, 172x159) Image search: [Google]
1441056263805.jpg
11 KB, 172x159
Ran today from the first time since my football season ended, where I was more in shape than I ever was. (1 month rest)

Couldn't get around the track twice before having to stop.

The heart is truly the most pathetic muscle. You work so hard to get it to where you want it to be, twist an ankle, go on vacation or take a break and it's all gone.
>>
What are some running standards?

lvl 1: run 2k
lvl 2: run 5k
lvl 3: run 5k in 30 min or less
lvl 4: run 6k in 30 min or less
lvl 5: run 8k (5 miles)
lvl 6: run 8k in 45 min or less
lvl 7: run a half marathon in less than an hour
lvl 8: run a marathon in 2 hours or less
>>
>>35210017
anybody whos a runner can tell this wasnt written by a runner

example: the first 6 levels are easy as shit (i run a 45 minute 8k literally every day as part of my run), whereas 7 and 8 are nearly impossible (8 is widely regarded as impossible, in fact)
>>
>>35210039
oh wow, i just checked that, I am not a runner ;_;

Also, my god, why are women so fucking slow? a whole 6 mins slower than men running 5K? Really?
>>
File: view2.jpg (758 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
view2.jpg
758 KB, 2592x1944
>running

I much prefer hiking and light (under 10kg) backpacking/rucking. I covered a good 10km today and got some nice pictures.
>>
>>35210065
Less muscle mass, the longer the race distance, the more competitive women become.

Up until recently, the record for running the entire appalachian trail was held by a Jennifer Pharr Davis. She gave the current holder, Scott Jurek a run for his money; and she had massive knee problems towards the end of her run.
>>
>>35210065
>Also, my god, why are women so fucking slow? a whole 6 mins slower than men running 5K? Really?

you're wrong.

>The official world records in the 5000 metres are held by Kenenisa Bekele with 12:37.35 minutes for men and Tirunesh Dibaba with 14:11.15 minutes for women.
>>
>>35210039
lol'd at levels 6 and 7
>>
>>35210154
I mean 7 & 8... fuck me (in the ass)
>>
>>35210065
>Also, my god, why are women so fucking slow? a whole 6 mins slower than men running 5K? Really?

Are you unable to google? The records for men and women are fairly close at almost every distance.
>>
I ran a half mile in 3 minutes flat wearing a uniform and boots at 240lbs. Gonna start running a little more and see how fast I can get
>>
The rock climbing was good. Pfft. Running.
>>
>>35209551
>don't tell me you're just a gym rat.
What's it to you, faggot?
>>
>>35209854
"Desu" is a Japanese word that has the dictionary definition "to be" and also loosely means "it is". To say "it is cold" you say "samui desu", where "samui" of course means "cold".

Which is all entirely irrelevant, because on here, "desu" is a word used by tryhard faggot J-philes and those who lampoon them. It's as annoying as "le" used to be, and anyone who uses it really should go back to the cancerous place that is Reddit.

Same goes for "senpai"
>>
>>35209903
Keep pushing the button to increase the speed, maybe?
>>
>>35210360
and you didnt answer his question.

>>35209854
to answer your question, it wordfilters from t_b_h
>>
>>35209851
Anyone who doesn't like summer is a little bitch.
>>
File: slowfags.png (35 KB, 500x1690) Image search: [Google]
slowfags.png
35 KB, 500x1690
>>35210098
>>35210201
>>
File: runforrest.jpg (113 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
runforrest.jpg
113 KB, 800x600
Did 15 miles. I fell asleep in my last class and on the bus ride back home, but I did it.

Fuck my life
>>
File: merryxmas.jpg (441 KB, 689x691) Image search: [Google]
merryxmas.jpg
441 KB, 689x691
>>35210360

pol started memeing "keked desu senpai" so mook wordfiltered it to "kekked desu senpai"
>>
>>35210546

fark.... c u c k e d _ t b h _ f a m
>>
>2015
>not doing hiit
Kill yourself
>>
>>35210510
Who would run fractions of kms?

>inb4 miles

mile a shit
>>
>>35210360
Its filtered you dip
>>
>>35210017

Running a 5k+ in 30 mins is harder than 5 miles with no pace requirement. I run 9 miles per day and couldn't break a 30 minute 5k yet (though I'm a fat fuck at 220 lbs).

Also, literally no one ever has run a marathon under 2 hours.
>>
>>35209551
trying to get my 5 k down to 25 minutes which is surprisingly difficult at 120kg
>>
>>35210565
I wouldn't say kill yourself but essentially this, HIIT is king.
>>
At what age should you stop running due to the joint pain and heart problems it causes?
>>
I ran on the treadmill to warm up before I started lifting. Does that count?
>>
Ran 6 miles, which was a goal. Probably not a lot, but it was 2 miles longer than I had ever ran. Was smiling a bit for the last 2 miles. I'm looking forward to getting a lot better from here. What should my next goal be?
>>
I banged my gf today, that was my cardio.
>>
>>35209551
>running today
I'm 260 and 6'3" and ran 4 miles in 35min I'm slow and out of shape so fuk you
>>
>>35211882
You shouldn't be running at that weight. Walk instead. Get your weight down to 180 lbs and then pick up the pace.
>>
>>35211891
>180

Not that guy, but do you really need to be that light to jog? Unless you're a manlet then you're not even a big guy at that weight.
>>
>>35209851
>>35209871
Just grow a pair and suffer through it a few times. You'll get used to it and it's not any worse than running at other temperatures provided you stay hydrated. Plus running shirtless is the best
>>
>>35211928
The lighter the better. You're virtually tripling your weight when jogging. It's unnecessary impact. Walking is better in most cases IMO
>>
>>35210080
Oooh that sounds really nice. Where did you go?
>>
How long would it take an average person to go from 5k in 25 min to 20 min? Just to get some perspective on how I should set out my goals.
>>
>>35210017
lol the this is dumb.
1-6 are super easy. 7 is world class. 8 has never been done.
>>
>>35209875
Stop running on a treadmill. Go out and enjoy the world when you run.
>>
>>35211928
I run Half marathons and i weigh around 220. You can do it. Just dont push yourself if you are hurting in your joints
>>
I'm so close to my goal.

Trying to run 2k in 8:40 which would be a 7min mile pace.

Currently at 8:49 just got to find some more pace somewhere - pretty much dead by the finish line.
>>
>>35209551
>probably near 18 minutes on 5km

Was a competition recently, a cross through a forest, managed to get 11th place. Was pretty neat. This time around I even managed to keep track of the lead group and I still have 10% bodyfat to lose. God I am going to get near pro level soon.
>>
Keked desu senpai
>>
>>35209858
same for me
>rainy/cold
>no motivation
>put on running clothes
>30mins later.... I put them on so i have to run now
>1h later i am sad that i finished my run
>>
>>35210610
half marathon and marathon

STRONZO!
>>
>>35211891
>>35212253
6"3 here at 220lbs

I am running Marathons, feet hurt a lot for 2weeks after it, but it is worth it
>>
>>35212002
Is 25min your race time or just rnning by yourself? racing makes a big difference for me and a lot of people, makes you faster bc of competition and it being an event so you can push yourself harder and stuff. if 25 min is your race time then itll be like a couple months work probably to get to 20, like 2 or 3 months i'd bet. depends on a lot of stuff though, give some more info and i can/we can help yo ass more friend
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.