[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
An experienced lifter(also a pt) told me that training shoulders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20151210-WA0002.jpg (119 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151210-WA0002.jpg
119 KB, 900x1600
An experienced lifter(also a pt) told me that training shoulders is useless and would only hurt my shoulder's long term health.
How true is that?
>>
Yeah bro don't fall for the meme lifts like OHP and deadlifts.
>>
>>35205317
Don't forget squats
>>
>>35205295

Define useless. Obviouly you dont need to train shoulders to do everyday- tasks
>>
>>35205385
Yeah lol. I mean when do you ever use your shoulders kek.
>>
>>35205317
If you dont want to end up in snap city then dont do OHP. Id reccomend The Press
>>
>>35205295
very true m8, it's the pt's job to know what's best for your body

these lads >>35205317 >>35205360 also know what's up, skip bench press too

i recommend shadowboxing for the first 6 months if you have the flexibility to do it, just ask your pt if you're ready for it
>>
>>35205295

Well he's basically right. Your shoulders are a complex structure containing multiple small, sensitive muscles. They don't need direct heavy stimulation like from OHP or side laterals. Arm circles should be enough to stimulate growth.
>>
>>35205295
whatafag
>>
>>35205295
He is pretty right. I for one don't see the need to have a dedicated shoulder day unless you are on roids and want to get fuckhuge shoulders. Shoulders are worked pretty hard in any upper body movement where you flail your arms around.

If you are a noob I would recommend to do like 2-3 sets of OHP on the day you do chest or twice a week and call it a day for shoulders
>>
>>35205295
The only thing that WILL eventually fuck your shoulders is bench.
But i guess PTs in commercial gyms would never say that to their clients,
>>
>>35205546
haha listen to this fag, You're that bald fag that wears short-shorts and go to the gym to do pushups. and OHP is better for your shoulders then benching and dips, those two are the potential shoulder snappers. But if you're training purely for health reasons then do some warm-ups and do light weight overhead press for minimum snappage, you never going to make it though
>>
>>35205546
Do you have a source on this?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.