[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: gingerbread.jpg (13 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
gingerbread.jpg
13 KB, 300x199
I was at a family Christmas gathering, and they thought it was odd that I did not eat the gingerbread cookies, and did not stuff myself with carbs. I'm pretty fit. But i now feel likeo I am acting like some anorexic counting calories. (approximately)

I was on an 18 year old bulk am 22 now so that might be why I am so maticoulus about not overeating.

What do you think /fit/? Should I stop being such a fag and just eat the gingerbread next time?
>>
You have to decide what makes you happier.

Will it make you happiest to reach your fitness/aesthetic goals or to eat gingerbread?
>>
You are the normal one. Our society is full of gluttons that are addicted to sugar and to not overindulge in food is considered odd. There is nothing wrong with abstaining from processed garbage.
>>
>>35204743
This
>>
>>35204713
Just take 1 or 2.

I know what you mean but Xmas. Those aren't cookie tier shit anyway btw.
>>
>>35204743
>>35204755
LOL WHAT?

OP isn't the "normal" here
>>
>>35204743
They were homebaked, actually
>>35204776
Not my fault I'm an autist
>>
>>35204799
No, the autist is me here.

Problem is that "normal" isn't the "better thing" in this case.
>>
>>35204713
One cookie wouldn't kill you, but it wouldn't help you either, outside of the temporary enjoyment of the sugar and spice. Personally, I am a damn good cook, so it's pretty easy for me to eat stuff that's delicious and healthy (or at least not terribly unhealthy), but every now and then I like to fry my eggs and toast in bacon drippings. Just remember to count those calories and give it a little more effort next time you're at the gym.
>>
People say i don't, i say i do.

I basically eat for sustenance. I used to be a fatty, but basically got a thyriod and went full skelly in basically 1 year. At my most 105 kg (fucking unbelieveable that i've even been there) and dropped down to 59 kg.
After dealing with the thyriod, i slowly got some weight, and i saw my muscles get more defined. I remember it so clearly, basically 1,5 years ago, and remembering how good and light i felt doing taekwondo.

Started doing bodyweight exercises, and with a high protein diet (mostly dumpsterdived red, ecological, i was poor as shit) i packed some muscles. Then i went to the gym and started running aswell. Gained 15 kg in basically 6 months. Not all muscles ofcourse, but when i weighted in there, i was at 71 kg and 7,4% BF.

Started fucking grills again, and generally enjoyed life, until i got my gf. Then i went checking out vegan, and started going vegan. Now, been vegan for 5 months and feeling better than ever. Mostly because the back thought that everything i eat should be good for my body. I don't really care what it tastes, i get satisfied by feeling good and healthy from the foods i eat.

To topic; I changed myself to basically see food as sustenance and an aid to build my body. Ofcourse, being a vegan has it's practical complications, but with planning and a good social circle around you, it'll go easy :)

>10k 48.37 sec
>Diddly 160 kg
>5k 21.18
>74 kg
>181 cm
>>
>>35204900
That's a pretty good DL compared to height and BW m8
>>
>>35204713

unashamed food autist here
my relationship with food is definitely unhealthy and it has hurt my relationships before.
I can't count the amount of disappointed faces I'v seen when rejecting peoples baked goods
the amount of times I'v skipped dinner out with the bro's or friends because the nutrition was garbage
The amount of time I'v spent researching and reading food labels

I don't regret any of it
My food autism is what allows me to perform at my highest levels and has exponentially improved my life quality.
- no acne
- no brainfog
- no cravings
- no illness
- iron discipline and willpower
- getting better and smarter every year

My fuel gives me so much. I literally cannot sympathize with people when they say shit like "i'm tired", " I couldn't help myself" or " I deserve a treat" bitch I work harder than you and my cheat meal ( fried Korean rice cake with xylitol and cocoa powder sprinkled on top 2x week) is healthier than your "im on a diet" salad with croutons and dressing,

I am a food autist
>>
>>35204992

>fried Korean rice cake with xylitol and cocoa powder sprinkled on top

Mate, that sounds tasty as fuck. Overall, i can relate to you. Mostly it's just that everything has fucking milk in it, which i believe literally is Hitler and Cancer combined in liquid form.
>>
>>35204713
I'm sure that I have a problem with food I just can't find the right thing to do

>ex fatty, went from 145kg to 77kg am 186cm
>from 90kg to 85kg I had to lower cals to 1400 to lose weight
>still can't see abs and have lots of loose skin
>did PSMF the last month and helped me loose more weight but everytime I refeed after 12 days of 900 calories I gained 5kg of waterweight even though my refeeds were very clean (high GI foods,low fat, low fructose &sucrose)
>ribs are showing ALOT, everyone commenting that my face is looking like someone that has cancer but still no abs (might be under the loose skin)
>decided to bulk with carb backloading and gained 6 kg in 5 days of eating 200 calories above TDEE, im sure most is waterweight but still... It took me so long to get rid of 6kg that I got depressed by watching my hard lost weight go up in few days

BF calculators say im 13% but I look like I am 50% when I sit down, fucking hate loose skin

Also got a blood test done and doctor said my test was on the high side so thats not the issue
>>
>>35205027
Mostly it's just that everything has fucking milk in it, which i believe literally is Hitler and Cancer combined in liquid form.

I can't fucking taking. On one thread, GOMAD is suggested, then I read this.

I..I just don't know what to do.
>>
>>35205027
>>fried Korean rice cake with xylitol and cocoa powder sprinkled on top

Where in the hell do you get this, or how do you make this?
>>
File: 1449611284802.jpg (55 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
1449611284802.jpg
55 KB, 500x322
>>35204900
Dude, that sock is killing me
>>
>>35204713
I have received my masters in food autism. It really leaves my social life in a difficult state but most of my friends at the moment are cool with the fact that I eat weird and ignore my habits. Most times we eat out I only have a black coffee or some water while everyone else eats.

Food was my nightmare for years. I had a severe case of irritable bowel that went undiagnosed for a decade, and I gained weight really fast if I kept the same diet as the rest of my family (all tall and skinny). When I finally moved out and started taking control over my diet I realized how much it affected me. I never eat anything processed anymore and make everything from scratch. Because of the irritable bowel I had to remove a lot of stuff from my diet and I still need to watch the composition of my diet every day to avoid getting symptoms.

People who see a processed food as a 'treat' or a holiday obligation are people who have never faced problems with diet and weight. If they don't want to understand your perspective then they are the ones lacking, not you.
>>
>>35205471
You have to experiment. As you've noticed, there is a ton of conflicting information from people who say their way is the only way. I stay the fuck away from dairy, but maybe it doesn't matter to you. Just add and subtract things from your diet and observe how your body reacts to them being there or not being there..
>>
People are uninformed about just how important diet is to health, but if they could understand just the simple fact that food is fuel, I think everything else would fall in place. Problem is, in well off countries, that food is so readily available that eating is thought of more as "something to do". It's used as entertainment, but your body still uses it as fuel. Put in shitty fuel and shitty things happen. Put in good fuel and good things happen.

I don't buy the idea that people don't know how to eat well. They know exactly what they should and shouldn't be eating, they just don't want to replace all that candy and salty grease with nasty vegetables and lean meat.
>>
>>35205896
>but if they could understand just the simple fact that food is fuel, I think everything else would fall in place
Ignoring the fact that food is one of the strongest pillars in cultures, the strongest factor to social gatherings and renewal/continuation of tradition. Smell and taste are senses directly connected to our long term memory and childhood foods are used in therapy with alzheimers patients to trigger them to develop broken nerve connections in the brain. The biggest transferal of culture across the world to day goes through food traditions. To simplify all this down to 'fuel' is idiotic.

On the other hand, give them redpill on junk food. Nobody needs junk food.
>>
File: ricuukekuu.jpg (307 KB, 1200x1081) Image search: [Google]
ricuukekuu.jpg
307 KB, 1200x1081
>>35205027
>>35205491

OG rice cake poster here
Its a GOAT cheat meal for me because when done right the fried rice cakes are crunchy fluffy and chewy. The ingredients are literally "Rice, water" (sometimes salt)

You can find packs like pic related at Asian stores for 1.50 - 5 $ depending on the brand.
Chinese stores tend to be cheapest.
Some brands can be fried out of the bag, others are dried and you have to soak the "rice cakes" for some time.
I always fry my cakes in coconut oil for maximum flavor.
Powdered cocoa can be found in the baking aisle, as for xylitol I get mine at bulkbarn.

For certified baller status you can top your "rice waffles" with a "Nutella" of sorts-
Blend the following:
Roasted Hazelnuts
coconut oil
xylitol
a pinch of salt
>>
>>35205988

emotions and socializing are for the weak
>>
>>35206034
>The ingredients are literally "Rice, water" (sometimes salt)
The only ingredients they are legally required to mention are rice, water, sometimes salt
>>
>>35206058
Apologies. I forgot I posted this on a Belgian autism support board. Will do better next time.
>>
>>35205471

like >>35205649 said you have to experiment.
I don't do well with milk in Canada but I had fresh goats milk in Europe and It was awesome.
>>
>>35206061

you're not implying that "doguu" could be in there?
>>
>>35206094

gg
>>
I almost broke down today and took a cheat day. I managed to control my impulse, even though no one would be mad if i did.

My wife is currently in labor and I'm glued to her side. Today is a happy day.
>>
>>35206119
A bit doge, a bit old boot, lot of msg. Depends on which country it's imported from. A lot of Asian countries have no laws forcing companies to mention additives as long as they are 'only a small percentage' of the product. a little additives goes a long way for cancercells though.
>>
File: IMG_0156.jpg (80 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0156.jpg
80 KB, 640x960
>>35205471

As previously stated, there's tons of conflicting information. The reasons i Don't drink milk personally is;

1) Ethically. I don't think it's right how animals are treated

2) The shit the animals are fed goes straight into the milk. Imagine if your mum ate GMO planted soy and corn starches filled with chemicals just to make them fat. That shit goes straight to the milk

3) I've been vegan for quite a while. First, i was tempted to eat meat, but after just about 2 months, the thought of meat disgusted me. I live part-time with my parents, and can't stand the smell of cooked meat anymore. It smells like.. sour and just plain bad.

I feel that i am comfortable with my current body and strength-performances. I do want to increase my cardio-gains, but these wont get better with milk.

But all this is just stories you tell yourself. When you're around 20 you can basically eat SHIT and still perform. One reason why i eat religiously clean is just because i want to build up a habit that will last through my whole life, so when it DOES matter substantialy what you eat, i already have a healthy good diet.
>>
>>35204713

I used to not have a healthy relationship with it.

One time I legitimately almost had an anxiety attack when my mom told me we were gonna go out to dinner with my sister and her husband.

I still keep a strict diet like 95% of the time, but I realized as long as I don't act like a pig when I go out, it probably doesn't matter. Habits define your health. Not rare instances.
>>
>>35204713
Eating cookies together is a social event and you declined to partake. That's what they found odd, not that you wouldn't ingest carbs.
>>
>>35206200
Skeleton here what are your stats?
>>
>>35206231
see

>>35204900
>>
>>35206200
mr dan if I may ask a question
>Ethically. I don't think it's right how animals are treated
>The shit the animals are fed goes straight into the milk

If I gave you milk products from my cow, who only eats grass and whatever plants she likes and who is treated like a princess on my parent's farm, would you drink that milk? I got her from an elderly farmer couple who had to quit farming because age, and she has lived a happy life all her years. She has never touched artificial feed her entire life.

Would you drink that milk?
>>
>>35206259
OHP?
>>
>>35206317
>tfw not doing OHP
In my defense, i do martial arts which demands shoulderwork :^)

>>35206291
Nah, Why should i? I get the nutrients present in milk from other source.

You should give her calves the milk :^) I think they need it more than we do.
>>
>>35206349
>I think they need it more than we do.
This is true
>>
>>35206200
You look like the troll from skyrim.
>>
>>35206349
>You should give her calves the milk :^) I think they need it more than we do.
She produces more milk than her calf and her adopted calf can drink. I take the rest and makes it into cheese and youghurts because otherwise it would just go bad. But no matter. More noms for me then:/
>>
It's really reassuring to me that so many of you guys are weird with food. I had an eating disorder for a few years so have always been pretty meticulous about counting calories/macros. It's gotten better throughout university, and now my friends just accept my weird eating/they've started getting /fit/ too. But man, freshman year I got SO much shit for ordering "healthy" food. It was such a goddamn catch 22 too, either get shit for eating too healthy, or if you order something processed get shit for "having skinny genetics." Why do social situations need to revolve around shitty food?
>>
>>35206380

Now, imagine if humans were to more milk that could feed 2-3 children! I wonder how much her tits would hurt :^)

>>35206377
Never played, im more of a morrowind guy
>>
>>35206659
>Now, imagine if humans were to more milk that could feed 2-3 children! I wonder how much her tits would hurt :^)
A lot of women produce enough milk to feed 3 infants. It is obvious that you've never experienced couples with infants or you would have known this. Many women give excess milk to women who have problems breastfeeding for example. More than enough to go around. You see the same with other social mammals like horses and monkeys. Your sarcasm fails bro. Why do you see the picture so black and white? Throwing away excess resources rather than make the best out of the situation is in my eyes repulsive. I have milk, I'm willing to use that milk to feed my family, the litter of kittens we have and the two baby goats who were rejected from their mother. You would apparently rather sit on a vegan throne and watch people and other animals starve.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.