[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Muscle pain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: SMB.png (2 MB, 1535x2100) Image search: [Google]
SMB.png
2 MB, 1535x2100
Hello /fit/

I started to go to gym recently. Whenever I go there to do something else than cardio, I get muscle pain for at least the next 2 days.
The gym has
* showers
* hot bath
* cold bath
* sauna

Which one or which combination could help with the muscle pain? Or they all have nothing to do with it? Alternatively, how do you relieve muscle pain?
>>
>>35200645
>how do you relieve muscle pain?
tell gf to give you a massage.
>>
>>35200673
I have no gf though
>>
Bump. Is it true sauna helps relieve muscle pain or is it a meme?

What about cold bath?
>>
>>35200645
jog/walk before---stretch---any workout--- jog/walk--stretch and then a hot tub soak or message or maybe just a long bath should do you good.

Ive heard hot then cold bath is ideal./..but the above works for me.
>>
>>35200766
Thanks.

I'll check this for next time
>>
>>35200645
lol goddamn dude, you're just having DOMS. Stop being a pussy
>>
>>35201085
Obviously I'm a newbie. But thanks for teaching me the proper term. Wikipedia says sauna and cold bath can help.

Also it was only implied, but I can live with it. I just wanted to know if there was a way to reduce it, otherwise it's cool
>>
>>35201130
>I just wanted to know if there was a way to reduce

There is. All you have to do is stop being a bitch, and lift more often. You only feel DOMS if your body isn't used to lifting.
>>
>>35201130
Best thing to do:

>Rest
>Gentle Massage
>Eating
>>
>>35201153
>stop being a bitch
Not even once... but whatever, keep on nerdraging if that makes you feel better. I got my answer and I'm out of this thread anyway.
>>
>>35201171
>Nerd
>The /b/ tard who thinks DOMS is so bad that you need to relieve it
>Or the guy who tells you to suck it up and stop being a bitch

Which one is it?
>>
Didn't see this >>35201168
So one last thing then:
>>Gentle Massage
The gym has those weird machines called powerplate, they're like huge flat vibrators. Have you heard of it?
I've always thought you look goofy as fuck on them, but maybe they can help with massage, i don't know
>>
>>35201213
Just rub your muscles with your hands dude
>>
>>35201171
This only applies if you took lifting "more" as lifting with more frequency.

Please don't follow this advice. Don't just start lifting "more". Stick with your usual workout schedule (3 days or whatever a beginner does). Keep doing that until you don't feel DOMS as much. The whole point is your muscles getting used to it. If you do what the other guys said and just start lifting more, you're going to inhibit that
>>
>>35201269
The other post actually said to lift more often...
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.