[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The YouTube fitness community is going either vegan, ovolactovegetarian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 31
File: hervibore_greenman_gains.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hervibore_greenman_gains.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
The YouTube fitness community is going either vegan, ovolactovegetarian or at least are planning on reducing their meat consumption.

Alpha males like Jeff Seid, The Hodge Twins, The Latsbrah and Arnold Schwarzenegger are adopting this new lifestyle, soon their followers are going to go vegan, it will become the norm, as alpha males know that destroying the environment and causing suffering just to get protein is stupid and unnecessary, and the people who think otherwise, those despicable beings who think that eating meat is "manly" are going to be ostracized, and it is all thanks to pic related.

So, /fit/izens, enjoy your last steaks, your days are counted
>>
Who gives a shit about what people think, keep enjoying your steaks /fit/izens.
>>
File: ROAST.jpg (52 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ROAST.jpg
52 KB, 800x600
xaxaxaxaxa
>>
>implying I'll stop eating meat because some roiders claim they did

I don't give a fuck what arnold or any of those faggots think
>>
>>35200178

I am not pleased with how our masters have decided we're not allowed to eat meat anymore.
>>
>>35200178
Shoo shoo green goblin
>>
File: superiorityburger.jpg (73 KB, 748x747) Image search: [Google]
superiorityburger.jpg
73 KB, 748x747
>>35200198

>The best burger in the world has been announced – and it is vegan!

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/11/the-best-burger-in-the-world-has-been-announced-and-it-has-no-meat-in-it-5493619/

Keep eating your cancerous shit, we the alphas know better.
>>
stupid veganposter
>>
as someone who wants to put colonies on other planets, i have to come to terms with the fact that meat will not be a staple of our new diets on other worlds for many years.
>>
>what are complete proteins

I can guarantee you the ''newly vegan'' lifters are gonna go back to meat when they see their gains melt away.

>inb4 lentils + rice = complete proteins

reference: me that has been lifting for 5 years and went vegans for 3 months, only to realize my recovery was shit because plant proteins aren't complete and aren't meant to make you a 6'0 210lbs ripped man
>>
File: gains-melted.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
gains-melted.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>35200317
> gains melt away
>pic fucking unrelated
>>
File: lion-eating1.jpg (47 KB, 400x294) Image search: [Google]
lion-eating1.jpg
47 KB, 400x294
>>35200387
>>
>>35200178
> terrible delts
> no neck
> horrible biceps
> looks like a cancer victim

Why does anyone listen to this troll?
>>
>>35200473
It's literally just him posting in support of himself
>>
>>35200178

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WHAT A PATHETIC MANLET IN THAT PICTURE

HOLY SHIT
>>
>>35200473
If he really is natty, I think he looks pretty good all things considered. I still think veganism is a retard diet and his internet persona is edgy as fuck, but besides his chest he looks good. Bigger than most people who post here, including some roiders. People just flame his physique because they hate him and his diet.
>>
>>35200317

Are you that guy that was eating a bunch of nuts for protein and then complained that he got fat from all the extra calories?
>>
>>35200178
whats this guys name? I feel like watching some of his uploads for the fuck of it.
>>
>>35200387

>what is TRT
>>
>>35200178
>alpha males
>latsbrah
>>
Does that fucker not remind anyone else of the zombie from I am Legend?
>>
I tried going vegetarian for a week and I could FEEL my nuts shrinking.
>>
>>35200178
ke
>>
>>35200495
he might just not be standing lol
>>
>>35200530
>testosterone somehow makes up for lack of nutrition
>>
>>35200178

I've tried HISS, LISS, Keto, Low Fat High Carb, Splits and SS, IF and eating almost constantly. I'll try (mostly, you faggots) everything before I knock it.

I might try going vegetarian/vegan to see whats what. If I like it, that won't keep me from eating the occasional steak, since I fuckign love it, just like eating clean doesn't mean never eating cake again.

You cheeky cunts and your extremes.
>>
>Being alpha and/or manly is doing whatever everyone else is doing instead of what you want yourself

Easy to see why you're a virgin that spends all his time watching vidoes by the "YouTube fitness community"
>>
I don't really care what they do. so yes, I will enjoy that steak.
>>
File: 1.jpg (534 KB, 1263x575) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
534 KB, 1263x575
>>35200178

V E G l C U C K S

E

G

l

C

U

C

K

S

>Pic reIated for anyone dumb enough to beIieve this hype (the two or three of you)

>Meat wiII aIways be superior and in demand

Women want a reaI man who eats meat. period.
>>
>>35200563

>taking testosterone and doing no physical activity whatsoever will literally make your muscles grow
>>
>>35200615

>Women want a reaI man who eats meat. period.

Nah, meat makes you smell like moist doodoo

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16891352
>>
>>35200522

no. I ate:

>vegan protein powder
>lentils
>rice
>tofu
>nuts
>a shitload of different vegetables
>oats
>shitload of fruits
>some bread (not much)
>>
>>35200630
>makes you smell like moist doodoo

That ain't no coIogne l ever heard of.

>doodoo

Bedtime for you was at 9 though.
>>
>>35200615
F R E E G U C C I
R
E
E

G
U
C
C
I
>>
>>35200178
who gives a shit? do what you want and only base your decisions on how you feel about it.
>>
>>35200527

His name is blocked on this board because at one point we had like 30 threads a day about him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_DC8jhfWro
>>
>i get paid to do what people think are popular

If doing the smith machine became popular then everyone on that list woukd begin doing them and advocating them

The hodgetwins are also fucking sellouts
>>
>>35200628

how about taking test and not eating?
>>
>>35200668
>Because he samefagged himseIf to shit trying to be the new Zyzz

There wiII never be a new Zyzz and this guy is stiII the Iaughing stock of fitness and dropping fast, just Iike this veg fad.
>>
>>35200696

Atleast wait for his subscriber base to stop booming and for everyone to stop making "I'm vegan now too" videos before you say he and veganism are dropping
>>
>>35200630
> asking women what they find attractive
> believing the answer

Actions speak louder than words.
>>
>>35200178
Every time I see a vegan thread I'm going to go out and buy a steak
>>
>>35200724

>women want to fuck me, they just don't realize it
>th-they will some day, though...
>some day...
>>
>>35200726
Wow, calm down Hitler!
>>
>>35200495
He's 6'3 you dolt
>>
>>35200178
Does anyone know and have citation for le green mans stats?
like weight, bench squad, diddy etc.
>>
>>35200615
Actually male vegans/vegetarians are pussy magnets. It makes you a bitch in the eyes of every male and sane woman, but lots of bitches will think you're sensitive and ~not like the other guys~ if you don't eat meat. Plus most vegans/vegetarians are women who would easily drop their panties for a "woke" male. It's like poetry, male piercings, playing the acoustic guitar and other gay shit. Making yourself stand out esp in a way women are sure to notice is an easy ticket to pussy. Guys here just ignore it because they want to impress other males ultimately.
>>
>>35200742
If you have to ask a woman what's attractive, she'll see you as a bit of a loser because you didn't already know. Therefore you'll get a bullshit PC answer. Unless she knows you're banging a girl hotter than herself, and she's basically in the friend zone.
>>
>>35200688

calorie in calorie out still applies, whatever you do, if you don't eat you don't gain muscle or fat
>>
It's going to be the 2016 fad.
>>
>>35200998

This.

When Omar Isuf goes vegan in 2016. That is when we can say it has definitely become a fad.
>>
>>35200545
Lmao now you say it
>>
File: 1427056311476.jpg (80 KB, 553x567) Image search: [Google]
1427056311476.jpg
80 KB, 553x567
>>35200466
oh gosh look at how happy that lion is
we know that feel bro, wish i could just run out in the wilderness, kill something and then eat it on the spot
gotta eat big to get big
>>
>>35200644

>tofu

>touching soy with a ten foot pole

enjoy your estrogen
>>
majority of the youtube fitness trends are stupid
>>
>>35200231
Is that literal horseshit in the "burger"?
>>
File: greenman nogains.jpg (334 KB, 1244x1622) Image search: [Google]
greenman nogains.jpg
334 KB, 1244x1622
>>35200178

fuck off vagina stains
>>
>>35200904
You do not understand women. They will use these "men " as doormats.
>>
>>35201388
soy isn't estrogenic in typically consumed quantities unlike dairy
>>
>>35200231
>burger
>no meat
pick one retard, a burger without meat is like a human without a brain i.e. vegans
>>
>>35202540
>implying killing living things so you can eat a cancerous inflammatory meat filled diet is how people with brains act
>>
>>35200198
That blonde kid with glasses... I know him? I think he went to high school with me.

Got a name?
>>
>>35201388
they're phytoestrogens and they don't affect hormone levels. Stop it with this meme
>>
>>35200615
>Women want a reaI man who eats meat. period.
Putting meat in your mouth and loving it sounds pretty gay, brah.
>>
>>35200231
>>35202575
when will you faggots stop with this maymay? The probability of an average joe getting bowel cances is only 1-3 %, increasing that for a further 17% means that I don't even have a solid 3,5% chance of getting cancer
But why the hell am I complaining, please eat your disgusting tofu and grass, more delicious meat for me
>>
>>35202625
Also enjoy increased risk of stroke and heart attacks.
How can you call Vegans brainless when you kill unnecessarily to gain something that you yourself admit is not good for you?
Even a thief that kills you and takes your wallet is smart enough to understand that he is getting a benefit for himself which he thinks is worth the unnecessary and immoral act of killing
>>
>>35200198
>he doesn't do a nearly vegan fast a few times a year
Plastic Orthodox tbqh
>>
>>35202720
Enjoy the increased risks for certain cancers, emotional trouibles, neurological disorders, and no significant increase in lifespan or quality of life.
Oh and enjoy those femininzing pesticides they spray on the genetically modified foods you're eating from lands that through factory farming and pesticide use has killed a SHITLOAD of poor woodland creatures and fish and birds.
>>
>>35202738
>Enjoy the increased risks for certain cancers, emotional trouibles, neurological disorders, and no significant increase in lifespan or quality of life.
I'm sure there is a lot of trustworthy literature available on this :^)

>Oh and enjoy those femininzing pesticides they spray on the genetically modified foods you're eating from lands that through factory farming and pesticide use has killed a SHITLOAD of poor woodland creatures and fish and birds.
Do you not eat fruit and vegetables then?
Do you think the animals you eat do not eat those industrial crops?
Do you not realize that all those negatives of agriculture you're talking about are exacerbated by the inefficient use of them to feed livestock?
Do you not know that harmful chemicals in plants can be passed on to and accumulate in the animals you eat?
Do you not realize that there are plenty of powerful estrogens in the meat and dairy you eat?
>>
>>35202625
>The probability of an average joe getting bowel cances is only 1-3 %, increasing that for a further 17% means that I don't even have a solid 3,5% chance of getting cancer
I don't know where you're getting your stats but it's 1 in 20 as a lifetime risk for Amerifats (5%). If you're going to live longer you are more likely to develop bowel cancer as risk goes up with age (which is also the same for heart disease and stroke, other things where low to no animal diets reduce risks for). A big reason this is so low is down to better screening and removal for polyps that can develop into cancer. 1 in 4 have a polyp by age 50, and it's 50% by age 70 iirc. It's something around a 15% to 20% chance of a polyp becoming cancerous over 10 years, they're mostly benign but again risk goes up with time.

If you plan to be the swolest super centenarian the risks are considerable. If you plan to get to retirement age even really. If you think about some of those numbers at 80 you've got around a 10% chance of having it even with screening and then you might not have a statistic because you went and died of a stroke or heart attack and were never diagnosed with bowel cancer (so could the numbers be higher?)
>>
more for me
>>
>>35202575
Everything produces cancer cells you fucking retard, or do you use the huffington post as a relatabldme source ?
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>35202802
I'm 6'4". This chances of me seeing 80 are pretty low.

And the people that live to 100 are almost exclusively female or tiny men. In Okinawa the 100 year old men average 4'9".

So unless u fit one of those demographics I wouldn't be so concerned about how long u are going to live.
>>
>>35200178
>Alpha males
You 18 yo faggots crack me up. Pls stay
>>
>>35202840
> unless you are going to live for a long time anyway don't bother thinking about how you might live longer
I mean are you retarded? You're taller so have an increased risk of cancer and your response is "still doesn't apply to me"?

The other post was going on about how low the risks are and why even bother, now it's how high the risks are so why even bother.
>>
>>35202802
Can we stop pretending healthy weight people eating a varried diet have anything but a remote chance to get bowel cancer.

Ass cancer is a fatties disease.
>>
>>35202865
Because it won't matter. There is a zero chance my heart makes it that long.

And what actual difference would it make? Have u ever met someone over 80 that has a good quality of life. Most are just waiting to die.
>>
>>35202868
There are so many factors that can affect it, the main one tho is bowel transit time as far as most people are concerned. That makes it a fatty and constant dieting stick thin disease, and just generally if you don't eat enough fibre.
>>
>>35202879
Additionally I plaid college football with a bmi of obese. So in reality my heart taking me to 65 would be a win.
>>
File: no fro me.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
no fro me.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>35200178
>Alpha males like Jeff Seid
>>
>>35202814
I'm not sure why you think the idea that reducing meat consumption and increasing fruit and vegetable consumption reduces cancer risk is only found on Tumblr and HuffPo when it is actually the mainstream medical belief.
>>
>>35202894
Milk, zinc, vitamin c and lack of hot vegetable oils in diet are also protective factors.

So varried diet with no fried food. Something you run of the mill fatty doesn't have.
>>
>>35202879
>Have u ever met someone over 80 that has a good quality of life. Most are just waiting to die.
Yes I have and exactly my point. It's not like you'll just get to 80 and suddenly all this happens, you might draw the short straw earlier and get hit at 50 or w/e and have a poor quality of life. But if you eat less meat your odds get better.

I personally am not bothered about not eating stuff like big macs. Given the choice between a pound of corn fed texas steak or a thin slice or something like p arma ham, I'd go with the quality over quantity any day. If you feel that not eating copious amounts of meat severely affects your overall quality of life that you'd rather eat shit and get euthanized before 80 then like that's your choice man. You know the odds and you have to play the game how you want.
>>
theyll all get iron deficiencies
>>
>>35202963
>Caring about animals

Why would I?
>>
>>35200178
>So, /fit/izens, enjoy your last steaks, your days are counted
Just because somebody stops eating meat doesn't mean that I have to stop too, anon
>>
>>
>vegan shill thread #7654

Just sage and report.
>>
>>35202936
Do u know the odds? 26000 people died of ass cancer last year in the USA. That puts my odds at around .008%. Vegan propaganda is the only thing that makes dyeing of ass cancer anything but a remote possibility.
>>
>>35200178
just because sissy so called atheist men in the west are turning to veganism the rest of the world doesnt feel pressured to conform
>>
>>35202984
I think with the numbers you're pulling out of there your risk is considerably higher.

But if it's something you don't want to do don't do it. I'm not so bothered if you do or don't eat meat but just accept it's likely worse for your health without making really bad arguments
>>
>>35202970
Because they are living, feeling animals just as yourself. Many have friends, goals, families, .. They have complex emotional and social lives, lives worthy of dignity and respect, as much as any human life.
Is a
>tfw no gf
worth less just because an ape feels it, and not a human?
Why would you not care?
>>
>>35203016
Darwinism
>>
>>35203016
>goals
you're talking about black people as animals aren't you, anon?
>>
>>35203027
Darwinism?
>>
>>35200178
You can pry my meat from my cold, dead hands OP
>>
>>35203016
Is it normal progress after becoming vegan that you hold the idea that somehow animals can have the notion of what a 'goal' is? I would love to read what 'goal' a wolf has
>>
File: 1385757943224.jpg (190 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
1385757943224.jpg
190 KB, 1067x800
>>35200317

You're not eating enough faggot. I do raw til 4, only eating fruit, and then doing lentils+beans burritos.

Both my cardio gains have gone up and my diddlies

>47.39 for 10k
>160 kg diddly
>72 kg

Are you sure you even exercised you faggot?
>>
File: desert rats.jpg (443 KB, 1308x2048) Image search: [Google]
desert rats.jpg
443 KB, 1308x2048
>>35200601
Exactly why I won't do it.
>>
>>35203070
If you doubt this and aren't afraid of reading, I can recommend any book by Frans de Waal. He is a world renowned biologist who mainly works around primates but writes about other animals as well.
He describes the emotional and cognitive complexity of other animals very well.
I can recommend The Age of Empathy as a starting point.

>>35203027
What about darwinism?
As a reason for not caring about animals that would make absolutely no sense at all, so I'm curious as to what you mean.

>>35203058
#animallivesmatter
>>
>>35203070
Also, I held the ideas first, then I went vegan because of them.
>>
>>35202963
95 minutes? No thanks, I'd rather cook my carnivorous dinner
>>
Never once will I ever be a pussy vegan. Fuck vegans and vegetfagrians, go rub barley grass underneath your armpit and vagina phaggot.
>>
>>35203257
This makes me sad, because you're probably being serious..
>>
>>35200178
I was actually thinking about trying to become a vegan before all shit vegan gainz bullshit. Since its a meme now to be a vegan I choose to eat some juicy steaks and scoop up with richardo pajero or whatever his name was
>>
>>35203118
Aight nigga. I'll read it. See you in another tread so we can write again.
>>
While you DYEL vegan faggots are crying because you can't grow your grasses and roots during nuclear winter i'll be strutting into the village aesthetic as faurk with an elk over my shoulder thats about to get butchered and made into meals for the next week.

>tfw no meat for vegans/vegetarian phaggots
>>
>>35203366
>implying any living organism survives radiation
>>
>>35203354
Look forward to it!
>>
>>35203400

kangaroos, cock roaches, Mit Romney.....do I need go on.
>>
>>35200178
Is this just one guy shitposting or....
>>
>>35203008
>likely worse

No it's not. You claiming a thing is true while spamming vegan threads and links to a proven vegan shill doesn't make something true.
>>
>>35200178
I do not like this thread.
>>
>>35203008
>really bad arguments
>entire position is a red herring
>>
File: bbo.jpg (97 KB, 611x404) Image search: [Google]
bbo.jpg
97 KB, 611x404
> Alpha males like Jeff Seid,
>>
why can't mods finally ban the vegan troll? it's getting boring.
>>
File: 1432509245897.jpg (71 KB, 334x356) Image search: [Google]
1432509245897.jpg
71 KB, 334x356
This is not that much of a troll, as in, it's actually happening. A lot of people are going vegan right now. I'm gonna be honest here, the truth is, I don't give a shit.

I didn't grow up in a nice two-floors middle-class happy-family environment with tons of spare time to worry about the world's issues. I grew up literally by myself, I just had to survive. And thus I'm a selfish person by nature. I can't feel sympathetic torwards something that is not directly related to me, and I mean DIRECTLY, no bullshit. I only really care about people, even, who are close to me. If some tragedy happens in Haiti or something and thousands die, I just don't give a shit, honestly. If some animals are being killed in some dark place far, far away, I just can't bring myself to really give a shit. I'll look at it and think "Yeah, that's pretty bad" or whatever, but at the end of the day that's it, because I'm surviving.

I'm also not such a retarded meat afficionado that I should worry about getting diseases from eating it, so it doesn't even matter in my life. I don't care if you go vegan, I don't care if you eat meat, I just will keep doing so. At the end of the day, I think you just gotta be emotionally honest with yourself.
>>
KILL OP
>>
Vegans, when will they learn?
>>
>>35203601
>A lot of people are going vegan right now

Even if it was an increase odd 100%, vegans are still a hilariously small minority.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 676x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 676x432
>>35203118
>primates
Primates eat meat nigga. They don't give a shit either about the other animals "feelings" or "goals" because even an underdeveloped primate is smarter than vegans. You guys really are special Ed tier
>>
>>35200317
>complete proteins

I hope you've never taken a BCAA supplement, or the irony would be too much.
>>
>>35203070
They certainly have the instinct to want to live and to not be confined to a tiny cell in a factory farm.
>>
>>35203601
This is seriously the most fedora thing I've read all year
Do you wear that scorpion jacket and pretend to be Ryan Gosling's character from Drive?

>>35203824
I don't get how you think killing animals for pleasure makes you smart
There is no logical way to justify eating meat, but maybe a genius like yourself has figured out a good enough excuse
>>
>>35204224
And I have the instinct to eat them, what is your point?

>logical way to justify eating meat
Why would I need to? The default position of humans is eating meat. You need to prove that it is logically unjustifiable to continue, not me.
>>
>>35204361
>The default position of humans is eating meat.
The default position of humans is dying at 30 from horrific disease or getting your head cracked open by some dude from the next tribe over. Whatever you believe the 'default position of humans' is not relevant. And even if it was, the actual default position of humans involved eating much less meat than the modern human.

>You need to prove that it is logically unjustifiable to continue, not me.
The consumption of meat has a tremendous negative effect on the consumer, the environment, and of course the animal eaten. Today is it unnecessary to eat meat to survive and even thrive and doing so only harms us, so what reason is there to do it?
>>
>>35204435
>humans involved eating much less meat than the modern human.
Only true if you only go back a few hundred years (which is known for having some of the worst human conditions ever). Before that meat drove humans to cover the planet. Humans didn't come to the america's following flowers. And every time a primitive civilization is found they generally get ~50% of their calories from meat. Can you give me a single example of a historic society that was vegan?

>negative effect on the consumer
How? Unless you are trying to say that eating meat raises the price of vegetables, which I doubt. A huge portion of them are grown in mexico anyways, and the prices of grains are artificially increased by the US government anyways. Or do you mean some other word than consumer?

>environment
If you cared, you would an hero already. Instead you burn through electricity (which is a way larger source of greenhouse gasses), drive your cars, live in a home, wear clothing etc. Your life as a westerner is the absolute pinnacle of bad for the environment. Eating meat doesn't change anything. In economics we call it tripping over dollars to pick up pennies. A borderline red herring point you only use because of its convenience to your argument, not for your actual desire to help the planet.

>animals eaten
Not relevant.

>unnecessary to eat meat to survive and even thrive and doing so only harms us
Your point? It is unnecessary to shitpost on /fit/ yet here you are.

>what reason is there to do it?
It tastes good. I could go into nutritionally meat being vastly superior and if you accounted for absorption rates you could possibly find a meat that is cheaper than vegetable sources, but that wouldn't be necessary. Wanting to is enough.
>>
>>35203443
Statistics only suggest shit. It may be that only people who are real active and careful about diet and are genetically predisposed to not having strokes and heart attacks and bowel cancer turn and stay turned to veganism and vegetarianism. So it may not be that eating lots of meat is itself bad for you.

That said on the balance of the evidence eating less meat is in your best interest health wise, whether it's something inherent in the diet itself or because of how it causes you to act or even both. In other words I wouldn't hold my breath on a vegetarianism gene that also lowers cancer and stroke and heart disease being discovered, these low to no meat eaters are obviously doing something right.
>>
>>35204635
Or it could be that being vegan or vegetarian generally means you are at the very least nutritionally aware.

Judging by the shit most people eat, that would put them way ahead of the average american. Vegans have an obesity rate of around 9% (only source I could find) compared to 33.3% of regular americans.
>>
>>35204224
Doubt it. They don't have a desire to live, they just do. What does a chicken, a pig, a cow, etc. know about living in the wild when they have been born and bred in a farm or a slaughterhouse? Do you somehow believe that any animal has a 'goal' that wants or needs to accomplish? If so, I would love to read how.
>in b4 hurr durr humans are animals
I hope you get the point.
>>
>>35203257

>I'd rather cook my carnivorous dinner
>carnivorous

Forks Over Knives might do you better then
>>
>>35204620
Your points on environmental impact are pretty weak desu. Killing yourself is good for the environment, but your arguing from absurdity there. Also the meat industry is a lot worse for the environment than you are giving credit for. Eating hunted meat, sweet keep doing it. Factory farmed shit? Yeah that's wasteful af.
>>
>>35204620
>Only true if you only go back a few hundred years (which is known for having some of the worst human conditions ever).
Yes of course if you go 1000 years back we all lived off steaks and bacon. No one ever got most of their calories from bread or vegetables or fruit before a few hundred years ago, before industrialized meat production. Are you retarded?

>Can you give me a single example of a historic society that was vegan?
Several groups of people have lived and thrived on minimal consumption of animals.

> Eating meat doesn't change anything.
>"Between 18% and 51% of all greenhouse gas emissions are directly attributable to livestock respiration, methane, production of animal products and other relatable sources, this compared to 13% from every form of transportation on the planet combined. Animal agribusiness also both uses and pollutes almost half of the Earth's available land and is responsible for over 90% of Amazon rainforest losses. Further, it is the greatest contributor to wildlife habitat destruction, and it is easily the leading cause of species extinction and ocean dead zones. Finally, while fracking consumes as much as 140 billions of fresh water annually in the United States, the farming of animals uses at least 34 trillion gallons of fresh water annually."

>Suffering living beings are not relevant.

>Your point? It is unnecessary to shitpost on /fit/ yet here you are.
The only casualty of my shitposting on /fit/ is your butthurt

>It tastes good.
>Wanting to is enough.
Shit with arguments like that you should go rape a girl or something. Tell the judge you enjoyed it and he'll let you off.

>I could go into nutritionally meat being vastly superior
Animal products are linked to heart disease, stroke, obesity, diabetes, Alzheimer's and nearly every disease of civilization. You are not only killing animals but also yourself.
>>
>>35204620
>And every time a primitive civilization is found they generally get ~50% of their calories from meat.

[citation needed]

>If you cared, you would an hero already.

and let selfish cunts like you get on with destroying the planet?

>Instead you burn through electricity (which is a way larger source of greenhouse gasses), drive your cars, live in a home, wear clothing etc.

and people are trying to find clean, sustainable ways for us to live. of course, progress is held back by selfish cunts.

>>unnecessary to eat meat to survive and even thrive and doing so only harms us
>Your point?

i believe his point was that you contributing to the destruction of the environment for no good reason, because you're a selfish cunt.
>>
File: Sources of Greenhouse Gasses.png (16 KB, 363x339) Image search: [Google]
Sources of Greenhouse Gasses.png
16 KB, 363x339
>>35204796
Agriculture in general accounts for 9% of US greenhouse gasses.

Even if 75% of that was meat, ~6.75% of all us greenhouse gasses would be from meat. Pic related from EPA.gov.

So again, using environment as an argument while you shitpost on /fit/ is ridiculous.
>>
>>35204685
That's why I said careful about diet in there. If we live in a society tho where to be vegetarian or vegan you must be nutritionally aware or generally think more about diet it's still beneficial you know.
>>
>>35204875
>Even if 75% of that was meat
It probably is. About 50% of the American agricultural market is meat not including the crops grown to feed the meat animals.

Also the break down isn't clear there. Is transportation including transport of meat and feed and livestock or not?

And even past all that a 6 or 7% decrease ks amazing.
>>
>>35202963
I once pretended to be a vegan and went undercover at a meting at a vegan restaurant where we all sat down on pillows and watched this documentary. They taught me how to make a nice salad and a killer smoothie and then we all talked about plants and stuff and how more people should be vegan. It was pretty fun. Din't phased me a bit about meat though
>>
>>35204875

>implying Agriculture doesn't overlap with Electricity, Industry, and Transportation
>>
>>35204875

http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts/
>>
>>35204849
>1000 years back we all lived off steaks and bacon
I guess you don't know what hunter gatherer societies are.

>Several groups of people have lived and thrived on minimal consumption of animals.
Name one.

>Suffering living beings are not relevant.
Prove animals suffer, then prove that I have a moral responsibility to amoral beings.

>The only casualty of my shitposting on /fit/ is your butthurt
I guess you don't care about the environment.

>Shit with arguments like that you should go rape a girl or something.
Are you stupid? The only way you can say something this retarded is if you believe humans and animals are equal.
>>
>>35204945
>I guess you don't know what hunter gatherer societies are.
I don't think you do either. Go Into The Wild like that faggot from the true story book amd movie and see how you do.
>>
>>35204875
>I don't do anything yet I'll look down on people who try to do something to help what even I admit is a problem
:^)
>>
>>35204933
Ya I trust a website called cowspiracy over EPA.gov.

Think not.

>>35204911
Assuming it would drop by 100% and increase in seasonal vegetable consumption would require a massive increase in greenhouses to provide adequate amounts (which it certainly would).
>>
File: 1397029182578.png (112 KB, 300x436) Image search: [Google]
1397029182578.png
112 KB, 300x436
>The YouTube fitness community is...

Stopped reading there.
>>
vegans are the newest breed of atheists, same preachy bullshit, it even has the kind of youtube circlejerk community
i'm surprised i haven't head of shit like VeganCon popping up
can't wait for vegan+ to shit up the mong party
>>
>>35204957
>implying I don't live in the middle of nowhere.
>implying I don't have 2 freezers full of fish and venison
>Implying I don't have a basement pantry stocked with vegetables I grew myself which feed my family all year. (usually enough for many years, but the huge amounts of rain we got this summer ruined my harvests).
>Implying you know what the fuck you are talking about.
>>
>>35204973
>hurr durr i'm too lazy to check out the sources.
>>
>>35203079
>160 kg diddly
>>72 kg
Wow bro, amazing
>>
>>35205009
Ya it is the UN. The same UN that equated calling a women wrong to violence.

My numbers are from the USA, and the USA is where I live, thus they are the relevant facts
>>
>>35204986

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql7pB9DLkUM
>>
File: blade_feels.png (89 KB, 883x990) Image search: [Google]
blade_feels.png
89 KB, 883x990
>>35203824

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rm-XtfPq2Y
>>
As long as alternatives for protein were provided in restaurants and grocery stores, I'd have no problem if selling meat and killing animals became illegal. I could see some pro-vegetarian legislation being put in place within our lifetimes. Maybe some sort of sin tax on meat like with alcohol and tobacco.
>>
>>35205049
>vegan atheist
that's like double retarded
>>
File: don draper reaction 7.jpg (119 KB, 750x716) Image search: [Google]
don draper reaction 7.jpg
119 KB, 750x716
>>35205049
> The Vegan Atheist
>>
Good. More meat for me. That and, there's too many people on this planet, so meat is unsustainable. Someone please drop a nuke on the US or some shit so that cleetus can't eat 2kg of steak a day.
>>
File: Screenshots_2015-12-10-17-53-42.png (440 KB, 872x733) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots_2015-12-10-17-53-42.png
440 KB, 872x733
>>35204973
>Assuming it would drop by 100% and increase in seasonal vegetable consumption would require a massive increase in greenhouses to provide adequate amounts (which it certainly would).
That makes no sense bud. Animals don't photosynthesise, they just store energy from organisms like plants.

For anyone interested, I now have some of the EPA breakdown. And bear in mind that while enteric and manure numbers are all down to livestock, rice and soil management is too because of feed and manure used there.

Just on the enteric and manure they get up to about 50% of agricultural emissions. And that these numbers are from the same report as the chart above and make up that 9%: unless farmers have suddenly stopped using electricity and transportation and so on obv the total footprint will be larger
>>
>>35205071
Actually not a terrible idea, though it won't be for reasons you want it to. It will likely happen as obesity deterrents.
>>
File: 1449289475927.png (10 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1449289475927.png
10 KB, 400x400
>>35204340

Stop dodging the flaws in your argument. All predators eat meat and humans are predators. Our predatoristic nature coupled with intelligence is what allowed us to consume some parts of basically every creature on earth, even fugu and other toxic organisms.

Even if animals have goals, do you think any of them would extend beyond "Eat, reproduce, live for as long as possible, ensure next generation is born" ? Maybe some have compassion for other species but its all for their own benefit asall animals arehardwired to make sure to live long enough to reproduce, even if it means coexisting.

Im not gonna say anymore because your mind obviously cant be changed. I will just be getting my delcious protein from meats while you get it from "not meat" meats :^)
>>
Im allergic to nuts. It's literally impossible for me to be vegan and bulk while not dying from overconsumption of fiber or just chugging juice. I need milk, eggs and cheese. I don't eat much meat anyway and when i do it's high quality. Also I'm not rich enough to afford all those vegetables. Being knowledgeable about nutrition seems to outweigh the benefits of being vegan by a long shot
>>
>>35205130
Vegetables are way cheaper than meat.
>>
>>35205130
>I'm not rich enough to afford all those vegetables.
Oh come on you fucking salad dodger.
>>
>>35204945
>I guess you don't know what hunter gatherer societies are.
Do you seriously believe we all lived in hunter gather societies until a few hundred years ago? Also what do you think they gathered? Is your idea of what those societies ate based off of Hollywood movies and fad Paleo diet books?

>Several groups of people have lived and thrived on minimal consumption of animals.
Many religious groups all over the world advise vegetarianism (probably because it is a sign of compassion)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism_and_religion

>Prove animals suffer, then prove that I have a moral responsibility to amoral beings.
How can you seriously deny that animals suffer? Watch any video of a slaughterhouse and you will see many animals suffering. You have a moral responsibility to minimize unnecessary suffering.

>I guess you don't care about the environment.
Please stop this childish argument

>Are you stupid? The only way you can say something this retarded is if you believe humans and animals are equal.
Go beat a dog in the street and see how people react, the "it was fun lol" excuse won't work there either
>>
File: 1449718598159s.jpg (2 KB, 125x67) Image search: [Google]
1449718598159s.jpg
2 KB, 125x67
>>35204866

>Calls someone a selfish cunt

>Believe that by shitposting /fit/ you are making a difference

>Not living in the jungle making your own utensils, clothes, tools and abode to cut all greenhouse gases

>Eating vegan stuff from manufactuers who almost 100% eat meat

>Using a computer when you should be using rocks and sticks as entertainment to cut electricity

>"destruction of the enviroment for no good reason" is arguing for veganism instead of against climate change while 100% of market meat is made in slaughterhouses / free ranges, which have nothing to do with the ecological system.

Thanks for the kek desu, you are either delusional or a troll.
>>
>>35205099
>Animals don't photosynthesise
Nothing to do with that. More to do with there not being the infrastructure to massively increase the fresh vegetables needed.

This infrastructure both its creation and operation is going to cause greenhouse gasses.

Additionally you attribute all manure to meat, when it is also used as fertilizer. Removing of this natural source of fertilizer is going to cause an increase in synthetic fertilizer use.
>>
https://youtu.be/mxggZBmhb4I

based umar
>>
>>35205222

>massively increase the fresh vegetables needed

did... did you think vegans literally just eat green vegetables?
>>
>>35205213
>>"destruction of the enviroment for no good reason" is arguing for veganism instead of against climate change while 100% of market meat is made in slaughterhouses / free ranges, which have nothing to do with the ecological system.

what the actual fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>35200178
fuck off, veganism will never catch on, it is retarded adn just a fad.
>>
>>35205120
>Stop dodging the flaws in your argument.
Your entire argument is flawed. Are you seriously suggesting we eat meat because 'humans are predators' (which itself is a very flawed idea)? That's the very idea of the Appeal to Nature fallacy.
https://youtu.be/ShWbBxA91BY?list=PLCC2CA9893F2503B5

>Our predatoristic nature
How many animals did you hunt, kill and eat raw today?
>>
>>35200726
>buying a streak
>not buying a family pack of pork chops and just trowing them away

hurr they mean to da pigs when they kill them

Well, maybe the pigs shouldn't have lost the war against man.
>>
>>35205208
>we all lived in hunter gather societies until a few hundred years ago
No but it wasn't until the advent of mass produced breads that we ate much more vegetables. And I am american indian, so yes, my ancestors were hunter gatherers around 200-300 years ago.

> Watch any video of a slaughterhouse and you will see many animals suffering
They are dead within seconds. That is not suffering or living in a state of suffering.

>You have a moral responsibility to minimize unnecessary suffering.
No I don't. If that were the case I would have the moral responsibility to eliminate every predatory animal from this planet.

>Please stop this childish argument
So you agree that your use of the environment is a hypocritical position as a westerner.

>Go beat a dog in the street and see how people react, the "it was fun lol" excuse won't work there either
You are seriously comparing beating an animal for no reason to humanely slaughtering an animal for consumption. The 2 are not the same.

Here is a question for you: Dog attacks a child, injures the child. Should the dog be put down or does it have right to life?
>>
>>35201348
You can do that, you just won't because you're a pussy. There's nothing wrong with eating raw meat.
>>
Vegans - your're either lying or dying.
>>
>>35205288
>eat raw today?
How many lentils or beans did you?
>>
File: Screenshots_2015-12-10-18-26-10.png (1 MB, 1044x1390) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots_2015-12-10-18-26-10.png
1 MB, 1044x1390
>>35205222
>Additionally you attribute all manure to meat, when it is also used as fertilizer. Removing of this natural source of fertilizer is going to cause an increase in synthetic fertilizer use.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not attempting some kind of grand project here. I have no beef with small numbers of livestock animals, the FAO has shown this to be more efficient than lots of compost heaps or wormeries or whatever. But they do contribute am insane amount to greenhouse gas emissions.

The manure numbers are purely from processing it, the numbers for soil management in part come from where manure is used as a fertiliser too so it's a separate thing altogether.

Without as much livestock there would be less need for fertilisers tho. And even with access to organic fertilisers a lot of farmers turn to synthetic fertilisers for all sorts of reasons over it. So even with a massive amount of livestock we aren't living in some kind of post synthetic N world. I agree tho, it would be nice to have little to no petrochemical fertilisers.

Inb4 green revolution shilling, really don't want that argument tbqh, cannot be arsed
>>
>>35205311
Good post.

Vegans fuck off, stop shittting up this board.
>>
Vegetarianism started out of religions need to limit animal food consumption due to limitations of land use, not for any health reason. These very same vegetarians have by far the highest heart disease rates in the world, even though many are near vegan.
>>
>>35203601
Man you sound so stupid. I didn't grow up in a two-floors middle-class happy-family environment either. I had a pretty shitty childhood, that doesn't mean you can't have empathy for others. If anything it helped me have empathy for others because i wouldn't want others going through it. I don't give a fuck you're not vegan, cause i'm not either. Just your excuse for having no empathy is fucking retarded.
>>
Vegans like to blame climate change on meat, even though the climate has been changing for like, since the ice ages you assholes. What was here before the beef ranches? Buffalo and they farted, shit, and drank water. Fuck off.
>>
>>3520506
wow, that's a lot of protein

that motherfucker must be huge
>>
BEEF
>>
>>35205437
reply to this: >>35205067
>>
>>35205445
WHAT A RELIEF
>>
>>35205456
WHEN WILL THIS POISONOUS PRODUCT CEASE
>>
>>35205311
>No but it wasn't until the advent of mass produced breads that we ate much more vegetables
Are you serious? Do you have any kind of source for this?

>And I am american indian, so yes, my ancestors were hunter gatherers around 200-300 years ago
Many Indian tribes grew and enjoyed squashes, beans, pumpkins and corn. In fact many turned to hunting because of European influence.

>They are dead within seconds. That is not suffering or living in a state of suffering
You are wrong. You should really watch this: >>35202963

>No I don't. If that were the case I would have the moral responsibility to eliminate every predatory animal from this planet.
Predatory animals must necessarily eat other animals. The same is not true of humans.

>So you agree that your use of the environment is a hypocritical position as a westerner.
It is not. Do you seriously believe the environment is harmed more by browsing /fit/ for a year or by consuming meat for a year? You who makes no effort can't judge someone who does.

>You are seriously comparing beating an animal for no reason to humanely slaughtering an animal for consumption. The 2 are not the same.
You eat animals for reason, which inevitable involves much worse than smacking them around a bit. You don't need to eat meat and admit yourself that you do it because it gives you pleasure - what is the difference between the pleasure of eating an animal and the pleasure of beating an animal.

>Here is a question for you: Dog attacks a child, injures the child. Should the dog be put down or does it have right to life?
Ideally it would be allowed to live somewhere it couldn't harm children, but this isn't really possible in today's society.
>>
>be vegetarian
>feel better than I ever felt before
>actually cook at home more now too
>have already lost like 35 pounds too along with working out

I don't give a fuck about animals though I just realized I didn't like meat unless it was a cheeseburger or fried chicken wings and those were giving me bad acid reflux too.

Here's my gross ass vegan food.
>>
>>35205547

What the fuck is that and why is to so oily?
>>
>>35204209
Tempeh is complete I think.

The problem is making tempeh taste good though.
>>
>>35205569
It's all oily looking.

The brown shit tho? It's bbq jackfruit.
>>
>>35205583
Tempeh and tofu are better the fresher they are. It's also dirt cheap to make yourself if fairly fiddly.
>>
File: WP_20150726_19_24_11_Pro.jpg (3 MB, 4208x2368) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150726_19_24_11_Pro.jpg
3 MB, 4208x2368
I completely agree that veganism nutrients wise can be okay. But i love meat and dairy, so I wont change. Tbh these moralfags are hypocrites
>>
>>35205779
Perfect steak :7)
>>
>>35205779
>Tbh these moralfags are hypocrites
Do you know what that word means?
>>
File: 2pHt2VM.jpg (292 KB, 765x1024) Image search: [Google]
2pHt2VM.jpg
292 KB, 765x1024
>The YouTube fitness community is going either vegan, ovolactovegetarian or at least are planning on reducing their meat consumption.

ha, I just bought a new, bigger wok to eat more meat.
>>
>>35200231
It's like saying the best ice cream is cheese
>>
>>35205779
i love you
>>
>>35204435
>The default position of humans is dying at 30
This fucking meme
>>
>>35203601
I'm exactly the same.
>>
File: another shoah.gif (4 MB, 615x346) Image search: [Google]
another shoah.gif
4 MB, 615x346
>>35205085
>Atheism is retarded
Superstionist pls go.
>>
can anyone name me a downside to veganism?

so far in the pros section i've got:
-cheaper
-saves the environment (desu don't care a whole lot about this)
-healthier (longer life etc, don't give much of a fuck either about this, who would ACTUALLY trade lovely meat products for a few more years of senility)

someone convince me that a vegan diet is irrefutably better for gains than an omnivorous diet.
>>
>>35206036

> who would ACTUALLY trade lovely meat products for a few more years of senility)

It's not just about longevity but quality of life. You may not have to deal with senility as you get older if you eat right.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8327020

Here's a good presentation on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DCjwIVJmMw
>>
>>35204866

>and let selfish cunts like you get on with destroying the planet?

HAHAHA, okay.

You say that while sitting in your fancy condo, eating all natural non-GMO organic chips that you got from the local wholefoods, all of which were built on what used to be forest lands, plowed and decimated to the bacterial cultures so that you may maintain your luxurious and privileged lifestyle.

Congratulations, you eat vegetables. It doesn't change the fact that your continued existence is a sum of everything that had to die and that continue to die for it. It doesn't change the fact that your carbon footprint is comparable to that of any one omnivore. Your abstinence means fuck all, because you're cancer too.

Not only are you a selfish cunt, but you don't even know it and you're self-righteous about it.
>>
>>35200178
Is this social engineering by the big Jews? I have a hard time believing anyone watches this shit.
>>
File: nb8Y2kV.jpg (55 KB, 438x438) Image search: [Google]
nb8Y2kV.jpg
55 KB, 438x438
>>35200178
>tfw going out for steaks with qt big butt gf

Killing the planet sure is tasty.
>>
>>35200231
>superiority burger
Pretty much says it all. Fucking vegans
>>
>Muh garbon emissions
Red herring. We don't dig cows out of the ground.
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 1024x768
>>35200178

Richard, one thread is enough.
>>
Learn to cook you fags and maybe you can do veg the right way and not feel like it is a gains goblin. I've see the cooking threads you post its is poverty tier shit and you need to step it up.
>>
>>35205311
Holy shit, way to blow that vegan the fuck out, John Redcorn.
>>
>>35208254
>You say that while sitting in your fancy condo, eating all natural non-GMO organic chips that you got from the local wholefoods, all of which were built on what used to be forest lands, plowed and decimated to the bacterial cultures so that you may maintain your luxurious and privileged lifestyle.
I thought the US was mostly like rainforestesque prairie maintained by the plains buffalo shitting everywhere, until >>35205311 this fella's ancestors apparently killed them all off and helped kick start some dustbowls

Anyway, no need to get autistic about it, you can have civilisation and nature, it doesn't have to be one or the other.
>>
>>35209161

to be fair hes doing closed grip

or at least it looks that way, he has a small frame for such a lanky fellow
>>
>>35200387
Steroids
>>
File: 1449473574214.jpg (60 KB, 991x902) Image search: [Google]
1449473574214.jpg
60 KB, 991x902
>>35200497
>If he really is natty
>>
>>35200178

VG please go
>>
>>35200497
Plz be b8, he looks fucking awful

>shit chest, no abs, traps, shoulders, calves forearms, legs or back.
>>
>>35200892
180 lbs at 6'3" after 8 years of training (yes you read that correctly)

Binch - not even 225
Skwat - not even 225
Diddly - 315 with worst possible form
>>
Hey if vegetarians start making food that is both tasty and protein rich. Idgaf. I wouldn't kill animals if the source of fuel is from plants and natural shit
>>
>>35210630
>>35200892
Deadlift 315 for reps
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npOb6mYc8Ww
>2:12

Bench 90 lb dumbbells for reps and overhead press 75 lb dumbbells for reps
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XwZQMg1Nj8
>0:08 db bench
>2:35 db ohp
>5:00 100 lb dumbbell overhead tricep extension
>>
>>35210694
Are you standing up for the green goblin? Because these are horrific numbers for his time training
>>
>>35210710
>>35210710
I think that all of his lifts that don't have to do with the arms or shoulders suck.
He has a 1.2x bodyweight overhead press and solid curl and tricep stats, that's it.
>>
my diet is entirely vegetables except for fishsticks am I a vegan
>>
>>35210753
>etables except for fishsticks a
fish is practically a vegetal.
>>
>>35208254
You're a pathetic fuck. If we can't remove our impact on the environment then we shouldn't reduce it, right?
Might as well give up on lifting, since you're never going to be as big as Arnold.
The most self righteous and selfish cunt in this thread is you because you don't even try to reduce your greed and gluttony while attacking the people that do.
>>
>>35205478
THIS IS ANOTHER PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.