[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SMOLOV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1443124027761.jpg (19 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1443124027761.jpg
19 KB, 480x270
Are there even any lifters on /fit/ that can squat 3pl8s? If so, have you done Smolov, and what did you do after?
Currently on day 3, pr is 3x140kg highbar
>>
>>35196548
Every fitizen seems to squat at least 3pl8 according to what i see on here on a daily
>>
1RM was only 305 a few weeks ago; haven't tried 315 yet
>>
>>35196548

That's still too light to be running Smolov I'd say. It'll get your squat up, but you're still at a point probably where a general novice/intermediate routine will improve your squats, as well as the other lifts, which won't happen in Smolov since the focus is only on squats.
>>
>>35196548
Just hit 140 x5 have been doing 4 day tm found in ppst3
>>
I ran canditos 6 Week linear program which had me going for 145 x 10. It's a great program and I'd recommend it.
>>
I ran through I think two cycles of smolov. Got my squat from 300 to 395 in like 6 months or so
>>
>>35196548
i squat 170kg
>>
>>35196548
My 2RM is 405 and I've been doing Hepburn A (Power and Pump routines), which, although not Smolov, is along the same order of magnitude:

- 4 day/week
- Power routine: 8x2 working toward 8x3 @ 80 1RM, 2min timed rests
- Pump routine: 3x6 working toward 3x8 @ 65% 1Rm, 2 min timed rests

So, you get a decent amount of intensity and volume in. I've been running it for five months now, decent gains. When I started my 1RM was 385.
>>
I can squat 3 plates for about 12 if i go deep and slow them at the top and i never followed any special program. I used to squat like 3 days a week and i would always go as heavy as i could that day. One time i took a week off and then i maxed at 455 squat weighing 200ish lbs lean but now i rarely go past 275 becauae i dont think its needed for my goals.
>>
>>35196548
I did Smolov Jr along side TM until I hit 4.5pl8
>>
>>35196548
hit four plates two months ago.
going for 440-450 in two weeks
doing DUP
>>
>>35196548
>Are there even any lifters on /fit/ that can squat 3pl8s? If so, have you done Smolov, and what did you do after?

I ran the base mesocycle only.

I started with a conservative working max of 500. Ended 4 weeks (plus a rest/peaking week) with a wrapped squat of 570.

IMO, the full 13 weeks would be a really fun challenge. And by fun, I mean torture. Really, really bad. Death. Sweet darkness. Hell on legs. The end. Rapture of the rectum.

I don't think the gains outweigh the risks, but Smolov does do something really well...
>it teaches you to man up and train like an athlete

If you don't recover right, you're smoked. End of story. You have to do everything right.

Vid related, it's one of my training sessions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72xHhJ55CeA

If you plan on running all 13 weeks, I'm rooting for you. It will be an adventure. God speed :)
>>
>>35196548
10RM is 150kg
On a noob program while i lose weight.
I was thinking of doing smolov for squat and bench after cutting.
>>
nah m8 you dont need smolov to get to a 3pl8 squat it isn't necessary. currently at 320 3x5 on a modified PPL split and i have yet to run a strength program
>>
>>35196548
315 is my 1rm at the moment

Don't know what the fuck you're talking about though

Just sorta squatted every 2-3 days for a couple months and made sure to add weight evertim
>>
I squat a 3pl8... not atg though in not scared to admit it.. i figure ill strengthen with the 3 and eventually be able to.. on a ppl routine.
>>
>>35199003

Mad jelly at those numbers brah, form tight as fuck too.

You look like shit tho, cut and become /fit/ god then die in sauna pls
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.