[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: F1.large.jpg (460 KB, 1280x736) Image search: [Google]
F1.large.jpg
460 KB, 1280x736
any former fat anons do this?

how effective was it?
>>
>>35194813
dont do it
>>
>>35194986
why
>>
>>35194813
I'm pretty sure you're doomed the life of a twig rather a /fit/izen by doing a bypass.

Get fit faggot
>>
>>35194813
Chances are you won't lose fat. I've seen way too many patients do this stupid procedure and just fuck it up by still eating like shit, drinking like shit, and not sticking to their diets.
>>
>>35194813
Had a friend perform it, horrible, horrible experience - She has been to the emergency room a dozen times for dehydration as well as can't eat enough day to day to keep up her cognitive function.

It's forced starvation.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 1024x768
>>35194813
Your so lazy you have to get a surgery to change your anatomy just to eat properly.
>>
>>35194813
>GPS

MY landlord did this. No epic results, still doublewide.
>>
>>35195049
The problem is his anatomy probably changed already and this would just change it back to normal
After all the stomach on obese people stretches, so they end up eating way more than a normal person without feeling full
>>
>>35194813
Personal trainer here
I've had quite a few clients who had the surgery when they were ham planets, 2 committed suicide, I believe it was because they couldn't handle living with eating such small portions, not being able to gorge on food and learning afterwards that they could have just stuffed their faces with veggies and sorted their volume consumption urges and still lost weight (they mentioned these points a lot).

Most who get the surgery just spend the rest of their lives being lethargic and eating a few times a day to make up the energy.
>>
>>35194813
that's for when you are so fat you stop trying.
you either:
a- eat your way to death
b- you are afraid of death and cripple yourself with a surgery.

both are for hamplanets who are too lazy to exercise and diet.
>>
>>35194813
Drastic measure, better to change your eating habits yourself slowly and exercise more. Better lifestyle>Surgery
>>
>>35195089
fugg mang

do you specialize in training hamplanets?
>>
>>35195117
I get "special populations" referred to me by local doctors, that includes obese class 1 & 2.
Most enjoy physical activity once they get into it and the weight starts to go, provided they didn't get the surgery.
>>
>>35195017
Because you have to learn to control yourself. Unless you're morbidly obese I don't see the point.
>>
>>35194813
That surgery is just for people who are too obese to move, can't exercise by themselves (amputees, for example), can't eat normally (for example stomach cancer) or are just too murrican to get shit done by themselves.
>>
File: 1444228842291.jpg (545 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1444228842291.jpg
545 KB, 900x900
>>35194813
I fucking hate people who get bypass

Even more so if they dont lose weight

Its like taking roids and not lifting
>>
>>35195143
good for you m8

It always bothers me when my PT puts in time and effort with fatties and they bolt after a couple months. They're just not ready for the lifestyle change.
>>
>>35195257
>They're just not ready for the lifestyle change.
I'm glad someone else sees it for how it is, most make excuses like "food addiction" or other bullshit to baby fat people into thinking that consuming too much is good.
>>
>>35194813
Know to relatives that had it done. 10 yrs later, their fat again. They looked good for about 2 years, went to shit after that.
>>
literally
>I want to lose weight but don't want to change my eating habits: the surgery

If someone told you that if you didn't stop drinking coffee you would piss yourself involuntarily, would you just walk around with a catheter to keep your coffee habit?

No, because that's fucking stupid.

Surgery should always be a last resort for any health problem.
>>
File: 1423927686029.jpg (126 KB, 751x615) Image search: [Google]
1423927686029.jpg
126 KB, 751x615
>>35194813
It is 1000x easier to just lose weight

Gastric is for degenerates who are 500+lbs

Even then if you get so big you cant move, you dont really deserve to live anyway. Youre just a parasite at that point.
>>
>>35194813
If you're too lazy to change your diet yourself you don't deserve to lose weight
>>
my dad and aunt did it and they both tell me they regret it every time it comes up. they both have complications and all it does is help you stop eating so fucking much that you're forced to cut.
so just cut
and quit being a faggot
it's a surgery
to help you cut.
also there's ways to get around the bypass to squelch your hunger still, so it ends up being moot for those who figure out how to eat after they get it.
TLDR ITS POINTLESSLY DANGEROUS
ITS A GLORIFIED CUT
BAKA
>>
>>35195341
its cuz you can eat around it, people learn to sate themselves
getting thinner is a lifestyle change, not a 'diet'
it can't be temporary or else the results are temporary
baka op
also don't lose weight too fast or you'll have excess skin like a motherfucker
>>
taking 'cut' a little to literally there, bro.

this is a big invasive operation we're talking about, and it permanently alters your body in a frankensteiny way. shit's fucked up.

after a gastric bypass surgery you will NEVER EVER be able to eat like a normal person. never. let that sink in for a while.
>>
>>35194813
It's just as effective as eating better and going for a walk for 30 min a day. If you're fat enough to get it then it would be fucking stupid easy to start dropping weight.
>>
>>35194813
surgery is not going to fix shitty eating and exercise habits.
>>
>>35194813
Don't fucking do it. Stop being a subhuman and learn some self-discipline.
Former fatty here who did it without GBS.
I have two friends who did it, they lost weight but they have to go to the emergency once in a while related to their GBS.
Also, since you're a fatty you probably love stuffing your face, well say goodbye to that! You'll never be able to do that anymore, if you lose weight how you should, you can still have cheat days and eat anything!
Srsly just change into a healthy lifestyle, it will take some time to adjust but once you're used to it, you will regret ever having done differently. Besides, you'll have to do some sort of diet before the GBS anyways, so why not just do it on your own.
>>
>>35194813
The roux-en-y gastric bypass is one of the most painful and radical surgical procedures you can undergo. I frequently see patients in the emergency department with complications post-operatively and it will affect you for the rest of your life. Additionally, patients who do not see their weight loos as adequate are predisposed to worsening depression, suicidal ideations and the desire to act on those thoughts. I see this every day, dont do it.

tl:dr - my advice is learn self-control
>>
so how many people in here genuinely believe it's bad, rather than just being butthurt there's an easier way to do it?
>>
Just watch My 600lb Life on TLC and see what these people go thru for a year. Some of them just give up on life and still gain afterwards. Ive lost 100lbs with diet and excercise and Im pretty lazy and I always wonder how these people can just say fuck it and give up on living.
>>
>>35195250
gastric bypass is far more dangerous than roids tho
>>
I had it cause i was a type 1 diabetic fatfuck with insane resistance to insulin. I was 315 went down to 165. Kept it off for 2 years. Gained 40. Then lost 20 and now ive been making great gains. Only side effects are eating i somtimes get food stuck and have to make myself throw up but theres no bile. I get drunk way faster. I cant have highly concentrated things with lrocessed sugar. Has to be natural but i can eat a candy bar or a few peices of gummy worms no problem. Take it as you will my experience has been fine. But if i could have my state of mind back then i would have done it natty
>>
>>35194813
>how effective was it?

ask jonah hill
>>
>>35205348

>be this fat
>t-rex arms

for that reason alone he should lose weight
>>
>>35195033
She should be on a tonne on supplements
>>
>>35201281
I know some old lady that randomly started bleeding internally massively because of taking naproxen, and it was related to her GBS.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.